Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

He gone, Google tells me Cisco is 100 miles away. We should set an O/U on this venture. 

Hey, Bud! What’s happened to Billy Woodrich from Billy’s Oak Acres and Rufus? Man, I miss his chicken-fried steak.

----

A new Billy’s Restaurant is about to open west of Fort Worth in Cisco at 1002 Conrad Hilton Blvd. It’ll serve barbecue, burgers and chicken-fried steak. He’s also working on some local pop-ups and eventually a new location.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

That tweet covers the FW Weekly article.  

She’s been bringing that dog everywhere recently.  I think she is intentionally trying to provoke people. 

Ed (age72) traded down when he married his girlfriend Sasha (age36) in 2018.  His former spouse, Vicki, was much more likeable.

This location failed with a quickness. 

Vibe Taco, a successful food truck serving contemporary tacos and sandwiches, will open as a restaurant in January near Texas Christian University.

Vibe Taco will replace the current concept at Los Vaqueros University, 3201 S. University Drive, with the new restaurant offering both Vibe Taco menu items and some dishes from Los Vaqueros.

Los Vaqueros continues at two larger locations, 2629 N. Main St., Fort Worth, and 4899 Interstate 20, Willow Park.

Vibe Taco is run by former Los Vaqueros employees, owner Vicki Cisneros said.

“I thought about what a great brand they have,” she said in an email, saying Vibe Taco will “represent the student body a little better.”

Vibe Taco had been operating in Alvarado, serving nachos and specialty tacos such as a barbacoa-pineapple taco or a shrimp-sweet chli sauce taco. The menu also includes smoked chicken.

It’s an update from Los Vaqueros, a traditional Tex-Mex concept that has operated in three different locations near TCU since opening a south side location in 2009.

Los Vaqueros will host holiday parties before the restaurant changes to Vibe Taco in January.

On 10/24/2021 at 6:02 PM, pch said:

I remember when the seventh street corridor was nothing but abandoned car lots and a few bars when Fred's was about the only going interest.  Always had good food and the staff was always outstanding.  Sad that as you say the decline was very noticeable before COVID and will likely lead to the end of a great FW eatery if it continues in the new location.

7th street saloon says hey. We used to go there for pitchers in high school, mid 90s. My wife and I are back in town for the night, no kid, but not looking for anything fancy. Usually would do Fred's, Rodeo Goat, some sort of north side Mexican food but not sure tonight. Any ideas in the same realm? University drive "area" would be great. 

Edited by LW Goatman

Fred’s: 

Spicy Night is back starting tomorrow, November 27th at 6 pm!

For the next four Saturdays, Quincy will be serving up cowboy cuisine specials to commemorate the closing of our Currie Street location.

We’ll be announcing Spicy Night Specials on a weekly basis, so make sure you’re following along for the fun!

Spicy Night Special for 11/27: Chicken Enchiladas with fire-roasted tomatillo salsa, Mexican rice and black beans.

Make sure you get there early! Spicy Night Specials will be very limited in quantity. So, once they sell out, that’s it!

See you tomorrow! 

Fred’s: 
Spicy Night is back starting tomorrow, November 27th at 6 pm!
For the next four Saturdays, Quincy will be serving up cowboy cuisine specials to commemorate the closing of our Currie Street location.
We’ll be announcing Spicy Night Specials on a weekly basis, so make sure you’re following along for the fun!
Spicy Night Special for 11/27: Chicken Enchiladas with fire-roasted tomatillo salsa, Mexican rice and black beans.
Make sure you get there early! Spicy Night Specials will be very limited in quantity. So, once they sell out, that’s it!
See you tomorrow! 
My sister went there early on Wednesday, not crowded and they waited 15 minutes for a beer.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:12 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Who’s been to CAVA in Waterside? Buddy’s there now, said it’s crawling with chicks. 

https://order.cava.com/stores/165/menu

It’s aight. Went in Dallas a few time. Mediterranean chipotle. Bitches love it for sure.

Edited by Hank_Hill