Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

As I posted when they caught the motherfucker who killed her, I was a freshman at Paschal when this happened.  It shocked and frightened everyone in Fort Worth.  People say the US lost its innocence when JFK was assassinated.  This was the event that caused Fort Worth its innocence.  Every high school held prayer vigils for Carla Walker's safe return; I went to a couple comprised solely of PHS students who didn't know Carla or Rodney.  It was an enormous event in certainly every high schooler's life.  I rejoiced that they caught the miserable fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Luckily I’m off this week(not by choice but still off). Try working in the actual field for the natural gas providers around here. We’re just a producer and getting threatened with fines and regulations if we get shut in. Thing is if power grid goes down again there’s just not a lot we can do to get treated gas out of stations.

I feel bad for my guys these upcoming days.

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

just dont see it getting that bad.  heard on the radio FW might get 2" of sleet, which sucks, but it wont be because of ......the GRIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

too many gotdamn grid experts lately.

I'm not worries about the grid as much as ice coating the lines and pulling down trees.

30 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I'm not worries about the grid as much as ice coating the lines and pulling down trees.

exactly the right concern.  i spend too much time on r/dallas and r/fortworth, but jesus the comments sections are full of worry warts about the fucking grid.

exactly the right concern.  i spend too much time on r/dallas and r/fortworth, but jesus the comments sections are full of worry warts about the fucking grid.

You realize that “grid” is synonymous for “my fucking house”. If they get their power cut off for not paying a bill they’ll blame “the grid”.

Never did buy that generator, but wasnt considering it. We go through the same shit again. it will be on my radar. When I lived a few blocks from Westover Hills, never had any issues. I moved further west, ICEMAGEDDON, and went without for two days. I had to sleep at the hosp. 

They're looking for a brunch/lunch place for Saturday AM ~ 10:30.  Any of you guys have any suggestions? 

How many people and what age range are the kids?

Agree that Press Cafe is good, but not if you plan to show up with a full youth soccer team with 12 players plus coaches and parents. They aren’t really built to handle large groups.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Kid's school is playing in a soccer tournament and staying in south FW ~Chisholm Trail Pkwy/20.

They're looking for a brunch/lunch place for Saturday AM ~ 10:30.  Any of you guys have any suggestions? 

There’s a Boomer Jacks right there at 20 and Bryant Irvin. They have a pretty good variety of food that the kids should like and full bar for parents. Patio is large, has fire tables, tvs, and plenty of room. Opens at 10:30.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

How many people and what age range are the kids?

Agree that Press Cafe is good, but not if you plan to show up with a full youth soccer team with 12 players plus coaches and parents. They aren’t really built to handle large groups.

Thanks for the info, about 30 total (27 players and 3 coaches).  Got some reccomendations for The Original Pancake House across 20 (not vey original, but appears to fit the bill ) and Yogi's Deli just down Hulen a bit. 

Anyone have thoughts about those two?

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

I would love to watch a group of 30 kids descend upon Yogi's on a Saturday morning. That would be high comedy. 

I see half that amount most weekday mornings when 12-14 year old kids from Country Day or All Saints eat there before school. They're generally well mannered but it's still a Charlie Foxtrot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Any place is going to be a stretch for a crew of that size.  Clear Fork/ Press cafe does have some weekend options like the food trucks that may help.  They have ample outdoor space it just depends on what other food sources they have.  It probably has something to do with a non compete with press, but I don't get why the don't have a breakfast taco truck down there on the weekends

Any place is going to be a stretch for a crew of that size.

Agreed, especially during COVID. I think any place that has sit down service with actual waitstaff is going to struggle with a group of 27 kids and 3 coaches. You could call around a few places and check.

Maybe a place like Whole Foods or Central Market would be good because you can order from a counter and then sit wherever. Or perhaps one of the BBQ joints (Panther City, Dayne’s, etc) or the original Kindcaid’s for burgers.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, pied06 said:

Thanks for the info, about 30 total (27 players and 3 coaches).  Got some reccomendations for The Original Pancake House across 20 (not vey original, but appears to fit the bill ) and Yogi's Deli just down Hulen a bit. 

Anyone have thoughts about those two?

So where did the party of 30 wind up? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

So where did the party of 30 wind up? 

Ended up running by Yogi's and clearly it was too small.  Went to the Original Pancake House and they were holding the places for us, but the team lost in the semis, so I had to cancel.

Appreciated all the suggestions/info.  

Went to Enchiladas Ole over on Forest Park.  Hadn't been there since they moved.  Food was still great but the brisket enchiladas seemed a little smaller portion than before.

Edited by pied06
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Went to Charley’s on Granbury for the first time in a long minute the other day. Would still rank OG Kincaid’s slightly higher, but the Project X burger was damn good. 

Also, their chili cheese fries are quite large. That’s a full-size tray. 

spacer.png

The fries are hand cut and one order can feed two people easily.  Project X is not for the faint of heart and is endorsed by FW protcologists society.  Caveat emptor applies here.😁

• Hook 'Em 1

Went to Charley’s on Granbury for the first time in a long minute the other day. Would still rank OG Kincaid’s slightly higher, but the Project X burger was damn good. 
Also, their chili cheese fries are quite large. That’s a full-size tray. 
1-FF2-B93-F-6-DC1-46-F7-B58-B-180-F0-A6-BF656.jpg

Holy shit those look delicious. I’m not sure that I should, but I would eat the shit out of those.