Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

FYI, there is a free covid testing site in a small cargo container by Mr. Jakes convenience store on Forest Park and Rosedale.  No appointment needed.  They do an instant 15 minute test and also send off a PCR (?) with results in a few days. 

Wife had a bad experience at one of those sites. She was not sick but took a test on Dec 24 because family requested it prior to Christmas. Rapid test negative within 10 minutes. She didn’t give a second thought to the PCR test. They texted her on Jan 1 (8 days later) with the PCR result which was positive. A lot of good that does after 8 days. So then she spends time calling/texting everyone she came in contact to let them know she exposed them. And then, on Jan 10 (17 days after her test) she gets another text from the same place with a new PCR result that was actually negative. Same collection date and time on the reports but 2 different PCR results which is entirely unhelpful. You cannot contact them to ask questions.

I also went to one and got a negative rapid test. My PCR test could not be accessed because of a website error so I’ll never know.

My observation when getting the test is that they were disorganized and overwhelmed by people, and the people providing the tests hand you the swab and say “Rub this in your nose” and they walk off without watching you do it or providing any details, which almost certainly creates a high rate of false negatives due to people not swabbing properly.

Completely incompetent and broken system. Don’t recommend getting tested there unless you absolutely have to.

Got a day off from work and took the old lady in to town for sushi. Hatsuyuki didn’t have anything for us, so we decided to try Blue Sushi. Never been there before but was pleasantly surprised. Also, don’t go to FW for the next two weeks. Totally forgot Stock Show and Rodeo kicked off yesterday. What a clusterfuck

Dirty Bones (wing place in the old Kona Grill location on University and Crockett) is unsurprisingly closed.  I thought the food was decent, but service sucked ass.  I went up there during a big bowl game (can't remember which) and half of the TVs were on advertisements for their brunch specials.  Another 10 TVs were on yacht informercials, and maybe 6 TVs had the game on.

15 hours ago, Dr Fear said:
20 hours ago, NOMAAA said:
pics?

Pretty easy to find

wasnt there a story about him running around with his secretary or something?

4 minutes ago, pied06 said:

any good places for chili?  Seems like a good idea today.

panther city's is excellent, but its hit or miss if they have it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Apparently Dirty Bones opened on St. Patty’s Day last year (3/17), so 10 months & 2 days. Good job, good effort. 

Ate there back in June as a foreigner as I was working a vendor booth at the Bassmaster Classic expo. One of the shittiest dining experiences I’ve had in a long ass time. And I come from podunk KS where it’s not hard to please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bluto said:

The shit cherry on it all is the dumb cunt granger voted against the damn infrastructure bill that provided the funding. 

And provides a quote saying it's a great day for Ft. Worth. If it's so great, why the hell didn't she actually vote for it??

13 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

I've had Jesus's Tex Mex, but nothing else. It was good but it has been years. I need to go back.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Need to do the same.  Think the last time I was there was in the late 90's and am surprised it is still open based on the number of closures due to covid. 

Need to do the same.  Think the last time I was there was in the late 90's and am surprised it is still open based on the number of closures due to covid. 

I’m surprised it’s still there based on the value of real estate in So Main area. I hope they own that little parcel and building. It’s worth a fortune.

Rogers Roundhouse weekly special. 

Rogers’ Mahomes Burger is topped with grilled jalapenos and encircled with a giant yellow ring of cheese crisp.

spacer.png

Also, the Startle-gram is running a poll for best burger. The current top 4... 

Charley's - 630 votes
Kincaid's - 325
Rodeo Goat - 325
Fred's - 145

Not sure if Charley's is pimping it hard, but that's a pretty big gap. 

Charley’s has to be pimping it in store. I have no problem with it. I don’t think it’s as good as Kincaids or Freda. I’m not a Rodeo Goat fan; they’re not as big of assholes as Twisted Root Dallas fucks but there’s an attitude.

I think Griffs is the best fast food burger in Ft Worth. I am partial to Toms Diner burgers in Arlington-as they are charcoal grilled.
Also the Original Chop House Burger has moved back to the original location on Park Row. Kenny Mills knows how to make a fucking great burger. He was on DDD years ago and got the big head and overexpanded. He does both char grilled and flattop burgers.
Little Red Wasp has a great burger, and Bearded Lady has a great bar burger.

Bearded Lady sucks more dick than your opinions on FW. Chop House hasn’t been decent since they lost their location on Cooper and Turner Warnell 5-6 years ago. And I’d rather eat 5 guys than Twisted Root.

I thought Chop House sucked in Mansfield, then by the time he lost the big Park Row location he had totally lost his way. He’s not quite the fuckup Grady Spears is but he has had his demons. Seems to have recovered with his place on Little Rd. Which is now his son’s bbq joint. Haven’t tried it yet.

Arlington seems to breed some crazy restaurant folks like the train wreck couple that did Jambo’s. Or the dude that bought Candlelite Inn.

You’re correct on Twisted Root. The two times I ate at bearded Lady is was very hood. DFW is loaded with good burger joints.