Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

il modo or al dente any good downtown? Need a restaurant in that area for double date, preferably chill/not having to yell across the table. Doesn’t have to be Italian, but red wasp is meh and the steakhouses are overkill $ wise. 

We always loved Grace but haven’t been since the COVID’s.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, NOMAAA said:

Is Westland a real thing?  ive never heard that.

You haven't heard of them?  Their CEO killed Arthur in the Clooney film "Michael Clayton" :

30 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good place to buy trees? Other than just the obvious Archie’s, Mike’s, and Calloway’s garden centers?

I’ve got a guy with a hookup. Pm me. I’ll reach out and see how busy he is. 

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good place to buy trees? Other than just the obvious Archie’s, Mike’s, and Calloway’s garden centers?

https://www.metromaples.com/

We bought a Japanese maple tree from these folks, they delivered, planted, and suggested how to care for it in the first growing season.  Enjoyed doing business with them and would recommend if this is something you have given consideration to.

• Hook 'Em 1

Resale prices will be fun, I’m sure. 

For the first time in nearly a decade, country singer Garth Brooks will return to North Texas for a concert in July. 

Brooks will perform at AT&T Stadium July 30 at 7 p.m. Tickets, which will cost $98.95, all inclusive, will go on sale through Ticketmaster on April 15 at 10 a.m. It’ll be the country singer’s first time headlining at AT&T Stadium.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, pch said:

https://www.metromaples.com/

We bought a Japanese maple tree from these folks, they delivered, planted, and suggested how to care for it in the first growing season.  Enjoyed doing business with them and would recommend if this is something you have given consideration to.

I also recommend Metro Maples.  Great resource and it is fun just to look around their lot.

Dude’s real lucky he gets to stay out. 

A North Texas radio personality has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in his home in Mansfield, according to the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office.

Justin Barrett Frazell, a 48-year-old former host on Fort Worth’s KFWR 95.9 The Ranch, will serve seven years deferred adjudication, must register as a sex offender, cannot own any firearms and cannot use drugs or alcohol, according to the DA’s office.

The DA’s office said the victim and her family agreed to the plea agreement.

What exactly is deferred adjudication. Is he just free since it’s deferred? No parole or probation officer? Does he wear a tracker?

As a parent I’d weigh my daughter’s wishes the most. Defense attorneys can get brutal in rape cases. I would have requested he can’t be within a mile of my daughter ever.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What exactly is deferred adjudication. Is he just free since it’s deferred? No parole or probation officer? Does he wear a tracker?

As a parent I’d weigh my daughter’s wishes the most. Defense attorneys can get brutal in rape cases. I would have requested he can’t be within a mile of my daughter ever.

Deferred adjudication is a form of probation where the judge stops short of convicting the defendant and places that person on supervision. If the defendant completes the probation successfully, he has no conviction on his record for that particular offense, but if there are violation/s, the judge can adjudicate (convict), and then sentence the defendant to the maximum allowable (months/years) for that particular level of crime (i.e. 3rd degree Felony, Class A Misd., etc.). He will report to a probation officer in a unit that specializes in supervising sex offenders, but wearing a tracker (monitor) is up to the judge, and not an automatic condition of probation.

I’d put good money that someone from this site was planning to attend. 0085f1a43831932aaf2f19439d9b0127.png

Five women who are members of the Hollywood Knockouts, bikini-clad female oil wrestlers who travel throughout the country for events, were arrested on marijuana charges while driving to Fort Worth for a performance on Tuesday, according to social media posts. The performers were expected to be at Whiskey Garden on West 7th on Tuesday night when the event was canceled “due to some unfortunate circumstances with the wrestlers,” the venue said on Facebook Tuesday evening, about four hours before the event. Whiskey Garden is trying to reschedule the event, according to the post. The bar did not explain what the circumstances were and did not respond to a request for comment. TOP VIDEOS Top Videos Clarence Hill and Brian Custer previewSpence vs. Ugas × Busted Newspaper, the following morning, posted the wrestlers’ mugshots from Wise County public records on its website and Facebook page. Two of the women were charged with possession of less than 2 ounces of marijuana, one was charged with possession between 2 and 4 ounces, and two were charges with possession of more than 4 ounces, according to the records. They were released on bond.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article260458157.html#storylink=cpy

Our pest control guy that has been doing my house since we moved in 6 years ago, my mom and others for 30 years, has completely ghosted us.  I tracked down his house and it was sold in February. The listing had lots of pictures of all his stuff inside in a hoarder/prepper condition.  I am officially considering him MIA, possibly KIA.  That being said, I would like to know if anyone has recommendations for a new guy.

I like Allan with A-1 Pest Control. He uses dog safe products. He doesn't push a quarterly service, just says, call him when you need something. Usually about once or twice a year.

But I have friends that recommend Entex and Wentworth

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Goddamn, she can’t hide many places. 
Cops should start with the Uber Eats drivers, see if they have seen anything suspicious lol

Does she have any brothers who are in middle school that play offensive line?  Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, Frank Erwin said:

Finally got fried chicken from Drew's.  Damn good.  Not like any fried chicken chain.  Tastes like home cooked fried chicken your grandma made, if she really knows how to fry chicken.

On my bucket list but having to wait till Tuesday since they are closed on Monday.  Drew's has been in business on the west side of FW a long time, maybe second only to Zeke's, another longtime west side favorite.