Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Will they still line up at Dayne's. I don't believe the line will be as consistently long.

It’s going to be tight down there for sure. Both Press and Dayne’s will be 25 feet south of the railroad tracks and just across the street from each other. I have no clue where everyone will park.

M&O Station Grill opened up their Cocktail Lounge and Bar area this week.  Small, but nice.  I went there yesterday at lunch but didn't bother with sitting in the new area.  Their updated pricing reflects the remodel.  The last time I was there in April I paid $14 for a hamburger, fries, and drink.  Yesterday I paid over $17.  No thanks.  Love their burger, but I'm not paying that when I can go to Kincaid's for $10. 

I am curious as to why they think they needed a cocktail lounge and bar in that location in the Foundry District.  I would think anyone in that area would just go further down 7th.  That Foundry District area is growing, however.  Building, what looks to be, apartments right across the street from M&O.  

The last time I was there in April I paid $14 for a hamburger, fries, and drink.  Yesterday I paid over $17.  No thanks.  Love their burger, but I'm not paying that when I can go to Kincaid's for $10. 

Fwiw, I had Kincaid’s this week and it was $13.31 for a burger, fries, and a drink.

We went to Musume last night. It’s the second location of a Dallas based Japanese restaurant, located in the Sandman hotel that took over the XTO building. Our table wasn’t ready when we arrived, so we had a drink in the lobby bar which was nice.

The restaurant is in the basement and the seating layout was a little odd, which is my only complaint since our table was in this small area that felt a little claustrophobic.

We are mainly sushi and it was good but nothing spectacular. It was priced similar to other sushi restaurants. I would go back if friends picked it, but not sure I would pick it on my own. Hatsuyuki remains my go-to sushi spot, just wish they took reservations.

I went Tuesday and it was $10.87 for a burger, fries, and drink. You must have gotten a specialty burger. 

I got a 1/2 lb cheeseburger at the original location. Maybe it was the cheese.

But your original point stands that $17 at M+O seems a little bit high for a burger, fries, and a drink. That price point seems more in line with Rodeo Goat, Hopdoddy, etc.

15 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I got a 1/2 lb cheeseburger at the original location. Maybe it was the cheese.

But your original point stands that $17 at M+O seems a little bit high for a burger, fries, and a drink. That price point seems more in line with Rodeo Goat, Hopdoddy, etc.

Craft burgers are all just playing catch up with the craft BBQ joints.

Restaurant talk

Tried quince, I thought it was very good all around. They’re certainly getting killed with the patio and this heat. Shrimp app, salmon roll type thing, tuna sushi, and the hamichi dish were all very good. Drinks strong, service excellent including a comped dessert (chocolate cake, kinda meh). They have some phone app they’re tied into that gives $25 off by the way. 

anybody have a read on walloons opening soon by shinjuku?

and is aventinos Italian off camp Bowie good? 

Craft burgers are all just playing catch up with the craft BBQ joints.

East Ft Worth diner Dixie House Cafe is notorious for health dept low scores, mediocre food, high prices and crazy add on fees. Somehow the place has a loyal following.

A person posted on next door that her son got a breakfast sandwich and side of grits. $11.45 for a little bowl of grits. These are plain cooked with water shitty grits. No “craft” grits. And a 4% credit card fee.

I thought it an anomaly but another guy was getting a tire fixed across the street and went in, ordered a plain biscuit. $10.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:08 AM, bluto said:

Restaurant talk

Tried quince, I thought it was very good all around. They’re certainly getting killed with the patio and this heat. Shrimp app, salmon roll type thing, tuna sushi, and the hamichi dish were all very good. Drinks strong, service excellent including a comped dessert (chocolate cake, kinda meh). They have some phone app they’re tied into that gives $25 off by the way. 

and is aventinos Italian off camp Bowie good? 

Aventino's is solid.  Haven't been there recently, but never have had a meal that didn't impress.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:57 AM, Texzilla58 said:

East Ft Worth diner Dixie House Cafe is notorious for health dept low scores, mediocre food, high prices and crazy add on fees. Somehow the place has a loyal following.

A person posted on next door that her son got a breakfast sandwich and side of grits. $11.45 for a little bowl of grits. These are plain cooked with water shitty grits. No “craft” grits. And a 4% credit card fee.

I thought it an anomaly but another guy was getting a tire fixed across the street and went in, ordered a plain biscuit. $10.

Dixie House adds 4% when you use your credit card/debit card.  Their prices have increased since Covid and now the Westside Cafe on 80 West is my go to.  I miss the days when Peter Schroeder owned the Old Neighborhood Grill and Mike (RIP) owned Paris Coffee shop, the two best breakfast places in FW and prices that were fair compared to all others.

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Y'all wanna find the genius or geniuses that decided to add an outside lane to 20 EB past Winscott and then stripe off the inside lane and beat them silly with their own shoe? I dealt with that overnight construction and lane closures for 2+ years for this shit? Fuckers

Winscott to BI (Spec’s) is like a big C now in the right lane, found that out yesterday. Coming back is weird because you can’t really see the lane markers. 

On 7/26/2023 at 12:36 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Winscott to BI (Spec’s) is like a big C now in the right lane, found that out yesterday. -Coming back is weird because you can’t really see the lane markers

Fucking A.  I drove this stretch around 6 pm and wasn’t sure which lane I was in but thankfully there were not too many other vehicles around being Sunday.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damn, 9:00 on a Saturday night, that place would have been packed. 

Ha, shows what I know. 

A closed Stockyards bar caught fire Saturday evening, according to Fort Worth Fire Department call logs.

Several fire crews responded to the former Cantina Cadillac bar at 124 West Exchange Ave. at around 8 p.m. Saturday.

The building was built in 1902, according to Tarrant Appraisal District records. It operated as a furniture store for the majority of the 20th century and opened as a bar in 1983.

The fire was still active just before 10 p.m., with dozens of units on scene.

No other details were immediately available about the status of the fire. 

A few houses in our neighborhood caught fire last night. The fire started about 11:30 pm in a house that’s being built, just finished the framing. No electrical to the house yet and no one seemed to immediately know the cause, but of course the fire department will investigate.

It spread to both neighboring houses. One got burned pretty bad, beyond livable at this point. The other neighbor got a wall and attic damage, smoke and water damage, and their truck caught fire. Thankfully, all people and pets were safe.

Embers from the main fire landed down the street and started another spot fire. Appears to be minimal damage from that one.

5614df7e89ec12fd52ed4c0a859d96d0.jpg

A few houses in our neighborhood caught fire last night. The fire started about 11:30 pm in a house that’s being built, just finished the framing. No electrical to the house yet and no one seemed to immediately know the cause, but of course the fire department will investigate.

It spread to both neighboring houses. One got burned pretty bad, beyond livable at this point. The other neighbor got a wall and attic damage, smoke and water damage, and their truck caught fire. Thankfully, all people and pets were safe.

Embers from the main fire landed down the street and started another spot fire. Appears to be minimal damage from that one.

5614df7e89ec12fd52ed4c0a859d96d0.jpg
Damn, where you at?

Yeah, that was the first Tavern we had on the west side, was a pretty big deal for a minute. Troy was probably the last one I saw there after boozing at that also-extinct Don Pablo's. 

Edit: Looks like you're talking about Arlington Green Oaks. I meant Ridgmar Movie Tavern. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dollar movie theater thread reminded me, any of you kids ever go to that shithole in the Toys R Us parking lot? Fear’s boy Whipple & I accidentally sent several bottles of beer rolling down those floors over the years. 

Think there was one somewhere around Trail Lake too. 

I remember seeing O Brother Where Art Thou at the Dollar Theater off Granbury road and 20 when I was a kid.  Completely forgot that was a thing. 

Yeah, that was the first Tavern we had on the west side, was a pretty big deal for a minute. Troy was probably the last one I saw there after boozing at that also-extinct Don Pablo's. 

Edit: Looks like you're talking about Arlington Green Oaks. I meant Ridgmar Movie Tavern. 

The extinct one on Ridgmar is the one I'm talking about. I always took the green oaks exit so I assumed that was what it was addressed as
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dollar movie theater thread reminded me, any of you kids ever go to that shithole in the Toys R Us parking lot? Fear’s boy Whipple & I accidentally sent several bottles of beer rolling down those floors over the years. 

Was indeed-it became a church after it closed as a theatre. 

I probably saw 20+ movies there as a kid. My big outing as a kid was my parents taking me to Chuck E Cheese across the street for lunch and games. Then a dollar movie, then Toys R Us, then El Fenix in Ridgmar Mall. Now none of those places exist.
  • Hook 'Em 1