Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That you have so thoroughly owned yourself makes this sequence that much better.

These depict how YOU would have reacted.  Yet they are the exact OPPOSITE of how the MV residents reacted.  Are you SURE you're not an aggy?

Very nice to host them for one day before kicking them off the island.

spacer.png

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Very nice to host them for one day before kicking them off the island.

spacer.png

Yes, incredibly inhumane to arrange to take them to the nearest pre-staged, established shelter set up for just such purposes (people who need a place with actual sleeping, eating, and bathing setups).  The facility they've been moved to is 1) the exact place already created and set up for their needs, 2) very nearby, and 3) would be the exact shelter used by MV residents in the event of such a need.  "Hey, here's the place where I would go if I was here on MV and lost my home etc.  That's where you can go."  What a horrible thing to do.

Y'all crack me up.  You think that everyone is as cruel and assholish as y'all.  Every accusation is a confession, exhibit infinity.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, incredibly inhumane to arrange to take them to the nearest pre-staged, established shelter set up for just such purposes (people who need a place with actual sleeping, eating, and bathing setups).  The facility they've been moved to is 1) the exact place already created and set up for their needs, 2) very nearby, and 3) would be the exact shelter used by MV residents in the event of such a need.  "Hey, here's the place where I would go if I was here on MV and lost my home etc.  That's where you can go."  What a horrible thing to do.

Y'all crack me up.  You think that everyone is as cruel and assholish as y'all.  Every accusation is a confession, exhibit infinity.

The town can host 180,000 visitors in the summer.  But not one busload of illegals. Martha's Vineyard has 50(!!!) illegal aliens for 24 hours, freaks out, and gets rid of them immediately.

Typical leftist virtue signaling hypocrites.  

Santa=MV Residents
Ralphie=Venezuelan Migrants

59295a4e-c29c-4027-ba0d-37f1c73c0139-text.gif

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

The town can host 180,000 visitors in the summer.  But not one busload of illegals.

Typical leftist viirtue signaling hypocrites.  

Santa=MV Residents
Ralphie=Venezuelan Migrants

59295a4e-c29c-4027-ba0d-37f1c73c0139-text.gif

Sure, it can host them.  Yet, it has a nearby place (Cape Cod -- they weren't exactly sent to a slum) that is set up to provide comprehensive accommodations and care.  Yes, such cruelty:

According to a release issued by the  Dukes County Emergency Management Association: "Safe, voluntary transportation from the Island to (Joint Base Cape Cod) was offered and provided to group members who chose to depart this morning by the Vineyard Transit Authority, Steamship Authority, and Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA). Coordinated efforts among state and local officials have secured food, shelter and essential services, with a large group of humanitarian volunteers waiting for the group’s arrival at (Joint Base Cape Cod)."  

Two days after migrants from South America were sent from the southern border to Martha's Vineyard, Joint Base Cape Cod, with its more adequate accommodations, is making preparations to take them in.

Gov. Charlie Baker's office on Friday morning announced plans to provide new shelter and humanitarian support at the base, located on the Upper Cape, in cooperation with the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency and other officials. The governor said he will activate up to 125 members of the Massachusetts National Guard to assist.

Busses arrived at the church just before 10 a.m. on Friday to begin the journey to Joint Base Cape Cod.

Already migrants and volunteers were exchanging bear hugs, expressions of gratitude and taking selfies.

Islanders responded with an outpouring of support, with food and clothing, as well as calling on local Spanish speakers to help with communicating.

Jesus.  You really don't understand how badly you and your whole team have pantsed yourselves on this one yet, do you?

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure, it can host them.  Yet, it has a nearby place (Cape Cod -- they weren't exactly sent to a slum) that is set up to provide comprehensive accommodations and care.  Yes, such cruelty:

Jesus.  You really don't understand how badly you and your whole team have pantsed yourselves on this one yet, do you?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

That you have so thoroughly owned yourself makes this sequence that much better.

These depict how YOU would have reacted.  Yet they are the exact OPPOSITE of how the MV residents reacted.  Are you SURE you're not an aggy?

Yes. Martha’s Vineyard lacks the housing space and resources for 50 illegals.  That’s it.  That’s why they had to ship them off the island.  

They let them stay long enough to take some selfies and pay themselves on the back/virtue signal.  

Dukes County absolutely lacks the resources to deliver coordinated services (of which housing is only a small part) to 50 people dropped on their doorstep.  Even if it was mostly about housing (it's not), all of the current availability you site is private. There is a non profit there that has an arrangement with local hotels for emergency housing in the winter but no- nothing close to this extent.

Of course it is true that they could  kick down the doors of the hotels and cottages (well mansions but cottages sounds more quaint) that were shuddered after labor day weekend, I'm not sure how well that would play to the actual Martha's Vineyard elite- who can't be bothered from their mansions in Weston and Beacon Hill (you're allowed to call them mansions there).

• Hook 'Em 1