2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The biggest difference between last year and this year is that there isn't an obvious Final Four candidate in the Big 12.  I could see 4 squads making the second weekend, but there's no one that's a legitimate Final Four squad without a significant upset paving the way.

It's down, but not to the extent jhawk says.  

Fwiw, Vegas'  Superbook yesterday had TT as having the 9th best odds in the country for winning a NC.  This at 25/1.

Tech had 40 rebounds to OSU's 32.  

31 defensive rebounds to their 26

16 fouls to their 27( wow!)

5 steals to their 3

4 blocks to their 1

6 turnovers to their 11

28 FGs to their 26.

The Cowboys won the assist battle 12-11.

Total lack of effort game.

18 hours ago, El Diablo said:

So tomorrow Baylor goes on the road to play KSt. Is Dean Wade 100%? Will Makai Mason suit up? Can King McClure get his groove back? Will there be chaos? I sure hope so! What would a Wildcat loss do?

End of conference play for the top four teams:

KState: Baylor, @TCU, Oklahoma

Texas Tech: @TCU, Texas, @ISU

Kansas: @OKState, @OU, Baylor

Baylor: @KState, OKState, @KU

The only games remaining between the top four are Baylor-KState and Baylor-KU. 

KState and Tech need to win out.

Baylor needs win out and hope for Tech to lose one game. 

Kansas needs to win out and hope for Tech and KState to each get a loss. 

By tonight, it will be either a lot clearer or a lot muddier. And now back to Dickin Judy in the newsroom. 

Were basically a mid major with this year’s roster. If threes are falling we can keep up. If not, blow out. It’ll be nice to have the sharpshooting next year when we add some size and depth inside. Future is bright. I’m still all in on Boynton based on his recruiting for the next couple of years.

Fuck everyone. But seriously. This game has all the makings of a program changing upset. Just like when TCU best us. Of course they beat the brakes off us. 

We’ve beat you guys plenty over the years, including both Sean Sutton and Travis Fucking Ford. Never turned the program around. I think we’re going to improve because Boynton is a good young coach and is recruiting well. Doesn’t really matter cause we’re not gonna win. A true moral victory though like Tech. Shows we can hang short handed. Add some players and we have a team. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Heartbreaking to see these guys fight like hell twice in a row and lose. Really hope they see the future is bright.

Boynton is the guy. You have 2 pieces that he likes that will be culture changing and you’ll win a lot if the coach stays loyal. 

Boynton is the guy. You have 2 pieces that he likes that will be culture changing and you’ll win a lot if the coach stays loyal. 

There’s no point in trying to predict “loyalty” but I think there’s a good chance he’ll stick with us until a blue blood comes calling. But I also know he’s an east coast guy so I could see him taking a lateral job on the east coast. Of course, he first needs to prove he can take this team on a legit run. Taking scrappy rosters and competing and pulling some upsets like last year is fun. We should have depth, size, and experience next year so he’ll need to at least make the tourney. I feel good about it but I also felt good about Travis Fucking Ford for a minute and got caught blindsided by Underwood being a scumfuck piece of shit. Would be nice to win one or both of the next two to close this year out.

I think he proved he could coach last year and probably had a thumb on him all season. Once that loosened he started reshaping the roster and knew he could sacrifice this year to make the culture and program his. I think next year will be tough because he has a young team but the following year he’s top 4 in conference and looking really good. Then we’ll see where he wants to coach. 

It’s like 5 on 7 when TCU has the ball.

Keep your foot on the gas, Tech...Lovin the hell outta “Raider Power!!!” When Frogs are at the FT line.

Edited by slorch

Tech has one player who started fom last year’s squad in Sophomore Jarret Culver... and is poised to win no less than a share of the Big XII title that has belonged to Kansas for over a decade and a half, after the Red Raiders were picked to finish 7th in the league...

and Scott fucking Drew is their pick for coach of the year?

Fuck Baylor.

Two, you forgot Odiase. But yes you are right. Baylor and Tech were picked essentially to be even and somehow Drew is the pick. Unreal.

In fact, I'd argue Beard and Self would both deserve it before Drew. For as much as Jhawk bitches, KU has been devastated by losing players this year and are still in a pretty good spot.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Two, you forgot Odiase. But yes you are right. Baylor and Tech were picked essentially to be even and somehow Drew is the pick. Unreal.

He lost his big man and top scorer to injury for the season, returned one starter from last years squad and is somehow in the race for the BXII title. Go figure.