2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

45 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Fair enough, I keep forgetting Baylor lost dudes.

Also, fuck Baylor

(But please beat KSU)

;)

yeah this.

i just hate Rape people.  They will never stop being that to me.  Ever.

Drew has corched his ass off, but Tech has bigger goals.

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Tech has one player who started fom last year’s squad in Sophomore Jarret Culver... and is poised to win no less than a share of the Big XII title that has belonged to Kansas for over a decade and a half, after the Red Raiders were picked to finish 7th in the league...

and Scott fucking Drew is their pick for coach of the year?

Fuck Baylor.

TT lost 71% of its scoring from last year.

Random thoughts: TCU should probably fire Dixon, I think he's the 2nd worst coach in the league. Alex Robinson too, if there was a player in this conference I hate, it's him. Dude always looks smug as fuck, is average at best, yet tries to flex & play like he's fucking Russell Westbrook. He went to the bench and TCU immediately went on a 10-0 run and cut the game close, and he basically threw the game away after checking back in.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Random thoughts: TCU should probably fire Dixon, I think he's the 2nd worst coach in the league. Alex Robinson too, if there was a player in this conference I hate, it's him. Dude always looks smug as fuck, is average at best, yet tries to flex & play like he's fucking Russell Westbrook. He went to the bench and TCU immediately went on a 10-0 run and cut the game close, and he basically threw the game away after checking back in.

You realize that you're talking about TCU, right?

I mean, there was a reason Pittsburgh cut bait with him but it's not like TCU can go out and hire someone who's proven to be any better than Dixon. He's a great offensive coach who had them at a top 30-ish level despite injuries, and the roster situation is even worse this year.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

You're not necessarily wrong with him being a "bad" coach in the big12 though.  I think that speaks to how good the coaches are in the big12.  If you started to move the other coaches in the league into his shoes, would they win how he has?  I think Self, Beard, and Huggy would be better.  Kruger, Prohm, Drew, would be about the same or a little better.  Weber and Shaka would be worse.  Boynton is still an unknown so I'll reserve judgement there.  In the worst case scenario he might be the 7th best coach in the league.  In the best case, he is the 4th or 5th best.

TCU is a shit basketball school, but it isn't a bad spot to land given the area and that it is in a big conference.  They definitely aren't getting anyone better though.

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

of course that’s whats going to happen. They won’t sell more than 5000 tickets for first round games if KU isn’t there. KSU would be decent too but KU fans sell out these venues. It’s about the money at that point. Not seed

16 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

A lot of time left, but the Jayhawks seem to be going out with a whimper.

Seems like KU players feeling the pressure of The Streak tonight....

Unless BlowU implodes like Texas did at Baylor, this game is probably over

BlowU   71        KU      47  

7:43 remaining

Edited by LTtxfan

You're not necessarily wrong with him being a "bad" coach in the big12 though.  I think that speaks to how good the coaches are in the big12.  If you started to move the other coaches in the league into his shoes, would they win how he has?  I think Self, Beard, and Huggy would be better.  Kruger, Prohm, Drew, would be about the same or a little better.  Weber and Shaka would be worse.  Boynton is still an unknown so I'll reserve judgement there.  In the worst case scenario he might be the 7th best coach in the league.  In the best case, he is the 4th or 5th best.
TCU is a shit basketball school, but it isn't a bad spot to land given the area and that it is in a big conference.  They definitely aren't getting anyone better though.

I literally cannot think of anyone else who could have any real success at TCU. Maybe young Bill Self based on his ability to take Tulsa to the Elite Eight, but he couldn’t do than now at TCU I don’t think. If Dixon leaves I bet they can be competitive some years but they aren’t ever going to do better than Dixon unless they catch a meteoric up and comer ala Tulsa Bill Self.

KU ended game on slop 13-2 run to save themselves the humiliation of the hoops team losing in Norman by more than the football team did (15). 

OU played the best they have in forever. Good effort, and some really good ball movement, and movement without the ball, and good shooting overall. Fun to watch, and fun to be the team to put in the death blow. Mad props to KU hoops for The Streak though, a truly monumental accomplishment.  RIP 2005-2019.

Edited by TXSooner518