Rapelor @ Dark Sinister Farm Country (ISU)

Al_4_ISU

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/11/8/18064566/ucf-clemson-alabama-utah-state-michigan-iowa-state

2:30PM Central.  FS1.  ISU -17.  Jack Trice.

I actually have Baylor covering this line.  It started at ISU -14.5 and I took the Clones 34-18.  We aren’t going to get any fancier than we need to.  First time Baylor has been to Ames in November.

See y’all on the 17th

10 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

What is dark and sinister about Iowa State?

I grew up moving back and forth between my native Texas, and Nashville, where my dad moved to be in the music biz. I'd never even seen the north until my dad took me to a Hank Jr. concert in Paducah, Kentucky, across the Ohio River from Illinois....Years later, I had a gig delivering big ass compressors from Nashville up to Chicago, and one day I made a pit stop in some town in the downstate Illinois cornfields. It was a very sunny summer day, and the winds were extremely high. I went in some country store and in my memory, the screen door was banging open and shut on rusty hinges...So I go in, and there were about a half-dozen or so grizzled old German-looking farmers in there, and it was like one of those record-scratch moments from the movies: "Who is this Outlander who dares come in our market?" For me, it was like Deliverance in reverse: I was as spooked my the Dark Sinister Farm Country as they would be by visiting Texas or Tennessee. 

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I grew up moving back and forth between my native Texas, and Nashville, where my dad moved to be in the music biz. I'd never even seen the north until my dad took me to a Hank Jr. concert in Paducah, Kentucky, across the Ohio River from Illinois....Years later, I had a gig delivering big ass compressors from Nashville up to Chicago, and one day I made a pit stop in some town in the downstate Illinois cornfields. It was a very sunny summer day, and the winds were extremely high. I went in some country store and in my memory, the screen door was banging open and shut on rusty hinges...So I go in, and there were about a half-dozen or so grizzled old German-looking farmers in there, and it was like one of those record-scratch moments from the movies: "Who is this Outlander who dares come in our market?" For me, it was like Deliverance in reverse: I was as spooked my the Dark Sinister Farm Country as they would be by visiting Texas or Tennessee. 

The wind never stops in Iowa.  Ever.

A good buddy of mine went to grad school in Indiana, and recently moved home.  While he appreciates it being sunnier here he had kinda blocked out of his mind how fucking windy it is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Literally... A police officer just jumped in to remove a Rapelor player throwing haymakers on the field.

Watch closely - one of the Baylor thugs threw a head slap at an ISU guy over the ref, then jawed the ref with a left. Thug should’ve been arrested for assault.

Just now, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

All that shit started cause a Baylor player drove a Cyclone player way out of bounds, ran him into a cart on the sideline, and then stood there talking shit to the ISU sideline.

And then it was that ISU player, Montgomery, who ended up getting thrown out a few plays later. I realize he retaliated after being punched, but that just sucks.

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

And then it was that ISU player, Montgomery, who ended up getting thrown out a few plays later. I realize he retaliated after being punched, but that just sucks.

As someone who roots for isu when not playing us and who did not watch a minute of this game. I think the ejection and suspension of 1st half vs us is warranted. We need wins at this point in the season, at any cost.

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

As someone who roots for isu when not playing us and who did not watch a minute of this game. I think the ejection and suspension of 1st half vs us is warranted. We need wins at this point in the season, at any cost.

I hear you. My girlfriend went to ISU, so I root for them too, but all is fair in love and war (and football).