Official Surly - Texas at Texas Tech Game Thread

Vertigo

Defense, keep swarming to the ball. They are gonna make catches in space by virtue of running 5 receivers every play. Just make sure you make the tackles.
Offense, keep controlling the ball. Too many third downs, too many sacks taken, but I'm loving the LJH show.

Nice first half. Slow start again, but it's been all Texas since the interception.

I always respected Kliff’s toughness as a player. That shit at the end of the half was horseshit. Take a shot or maybe 2 at the endzone, then kick. The QB sneak on 4th and short was idiotic as well. Done with Coach Bro.

First time I’ve ever said that   I hope he’s gone after this season  

Just now, slorch said:

I always respected Kliff’s toughness as a player. That shit at the end of the half was horseshit. Take a shot or maybe 2 at the endzone, then kick. The QB sneak on 4th and short was idiotic as well. Done with Coach Bro.

FatalWeepyIbisbill-small.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, slorch said:

It’s OK. I don’t want Major Applewhite as our HC.  

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Do you trust Duffey to take a shot though?

1 minute ago, Modessit said:
3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:
Can’t believe I am saying this but can Robert Smith be the announcer in the second half? 

I'd settle for Mel Tillis. Or Lee Corso. Or Kirk Douglas. Or Anne Ramsey.

I’d settle for Stephen Hawkins PC right about now.

What would you have suggested we did? Have Sam kneel until there's ten seconds left and then hope we score the touchdown play? 
No, idiot. You score when it's there, every time, and then you make the stop. If you don't make the stop, that's your defense fucking up. That has nothing to do with keeping the ball on offense.

Dumb ass. I would have snapped the ball with sub 5 seconds on the play clock instead of fucking 15. Do you think we could have benefited from burning an extra 30 seconds??

Just now, slorch said:

His QB caused a 14 point swing. He ain’t going to let that happen again if he can help it. The best pass Duffy threw was to get them in field goal range on the last series. Klingon is trying to get his kids head right.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

I'd be more mad at him going for it on your own 30. Dumb dumb dumb dumb

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

Do you trust Duffey to take a shot though?

You have to, for the rest of the team. 

You gotta run the offense, regardless. Let him rot if he fucks up the play.  Playing it safe is playing to lose. That’s towards cKK. Not Duffy. 

Dumb ass. I would have snapped the ball with sub 5 seconds on the play clock instead of fucking 15. Do you think we could have benefited from burning an extra 30 seconds??
Letting the defense know that the snap is always coming in the last 5 seconds is how you get back to back sacks.

10 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Our defense got some of their nuts back. We need to open the half with time consuming drive and a score.

Yeah.... disappointing the Defense didn't stop Tech from scoring the FG on that last drive.  Time for TEXAS Offense to kick ass in 2nd Half by getting up by 14+ points and never have Tech get any closer.....

GO HORNS 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

It’s not bad coaching to call plays with game and personnel context in mind. I would have kicked the field goal there as well. 

What is curious is the inconsistency. Going for it on your own 34 with the young, backup QB was a horrible decision. That’s the kind of thing you try if you have Vince Young as a redshirt senior. 

4 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Kliff is 100% gone if Tech loses this game.  He should have been gone last year, but our dumbass bigdicks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY overvalued the win over Texas then too.