So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. You guys and making dumb ass threads. We just lost 4 ball games while completely healthy, while finally having good QB play. Meanwhile here we are laughing at Strong for losing 5. Meanwhile, their starting QB went down 4 games ago when they were 7-1. They would've likely finished with a better season than us if they didn't happen. We need to put our collective dicks back in our pants folks.

Deshon?

• Haha 1

Lol. You guys and making dumb ass threads. We just lost 4 ball games while completely healthy, while finally having good QB play. Meanwhile here we are laughing at Strong for losing 5. Meanwhile, their starting QB went down 4 games ago when they were 7-1. They would've likely finished with a better season than us if they didn't happen. We need to put our collective dicks back in our pants folks.

Charlie? 

24 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

their starting QB only missed 2 games, so he took 3 losses by himself alone, recording 11/11 TD/INT so wasnt exactly Quinton fucking Flowers there

Um, clearly you are just reading box scores and not watching games. He got hurt in the Tulane game and left with a shoulder. They tried to bring him back for the Temple game two games later but he couldn't throw(83 yards passing in that game), and he hasn't been back since. Before he got hurt they were 7-1. Meanwhile we could possibly finish the season with 5 losses as well and we are healthy so we have no right to criticize what's going on over there. Charlie was 10-2 last year if I recall, with their two looses being UH and a team that has won 25 games in a row.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Fuck You 2

Laughing? Hardly. Anyway go convince the USF fans that things are going great, not us. We don't care.

Also: we were completely healthy? Could have fooled me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Um, clearly you are just reading box scores and not watching games. He got hurt in the Tulane game and left with a shoulder. They tried to bring him back for the Temple game two games later but he couldn't throw(83 yards passing in that game), and he hasn't been back since. Before he got hurt they were 7-1. Meanwhile we could possibly finish the season with 5 losses as well and we are healthy so we have no right to criticize what's going on over there. Charlie was 10-2 last year if I recall, with their two looses being UH and a team that has won 25 games in a row.

idiot-273x300.jpg

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Laughing? Hardly. Anyway go convince the USF fans that things are going great, not us. We don't care.

Also: we were completely healthy? Could have fooled me.

USF needs to remember who they are. They had two good years, that is it. One Taggert's and the other Charlie's. They years before that they were 8-5 and 4-8.

We are pretty healthy. We have had our QB for all important games. We lost games because we can't stop anyone......at all.....ever.

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Thatguy said:

Don't be the guy laughing at the team that lost 5 games when you are possibly staring at 5 losses yourself. That's dumb.

Only thing that's dumb is comparing USF's 5 losses in 12 regular season games to our 4 losses in 12 regular season games + a conference championship game where we were the underdog. And our fifth hypothetical loss would potentially come in a New Year's 6 game against a Top 5 opponent, and our 14th game oeverall.

Well, there are plenty of other dumb things about your defense of Charlie, but we'll start there.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Don't be the guy laughing at the team that lost 5 games when you are possibly staring at 5 losses yourself. That's dumb.

Ah, fuck it. I’ll laugh at who I want. I’m old enough to bend the narrative to fit my agenda.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Only thing that's dumb is comparing USF's 5 losses in 12 regular season games to our 4 losses in 12 regular season games + a conference championship game where we were the underdog. And our fifth hypothetical loss would potentially come in a New Year's 6 game against a Top 5 opponent, and our 14th game oeverall.

Well, there are plenty of other dumb things about your defense of Charlie, but we'll start there.

5 losses is 5 losses. Don't try to make it more than it is. If you feel great that we have 4 losses but are going to play in the Sugar then that's on you. At the end of the day it's a 4 or 5 loss season . No Texas fan should feel warm and fuzzy about how this season went.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Fuck You 16

Just now, Thatguy said:

5 losses is 5 losses. Don't try to make it more than it is. If you feel great that we have 4 losses but are going to play in the Sugar then that's on you. At the end of the day it's a 4 or 5 loss season .

That's stupid, reductive logic, but I'll let you die on this hill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

5 losses is 5 losses. Don't try to make it more than it is. If you feel great that we have 4 losses but are going to play in the Sugar then that's on you. At the end of the day it's a 4 or 5 loss season . No Texas fan should feel warm and fuzzy about how this season went.

Poooor aggy. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That's stupid, reductive logic, but I'll let you die on this hill.

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane. If you are happy with it then fine, but not me.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Fuck You 6

Just now, Thatguy said:

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane.

WHOOP!

• Fuck You 1

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane. If you are happy with it then fine, but not me.

You're dumb

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Alright, answer me this, since the bulk of your comments are in the vein of "why Charlie doesn't actually suck as a head coach": do you think we should have kept Charlie after the 2016 season, and do you think this program would have been in the same place it is right now had we done so?

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Alright, answer me this, since the bulk of your comments are in the vein of "why Charlie doesn't actually suck as a head coach": do you think we should have kept Charlie after the 2016 season, and do you think this program would have been in the same place it is right now had we done so?

This guy is an aggy or sooner troll. Engaging him in a discussion is an exercise in futility. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You are almost too stupid to insult.

So, who recruited the vast majority of those players who were being torched?

So, who instilled the stench of losing on an unprecedented level never seen before in the UT football program?

So, who, once we got behind at halftime or going into the 4th quarter, compiled a  record of 2 wins and 17 losses?

As for Charlie Not-At-All Strong, he used the prior coach's players to win one fewer game than the year before. This year, as more of that former's coach's players start to leave the program, Not-At-All's team won 4 fewer games than when he first got there. His recruiting is underwhelming. The only place his special teams should be are in the Special Olympics.

If you really think the stench of the Worst Football Coach in the History of our Proud and Historic Program is going to be magically washed away after 1 or 2 years, you obviously know as much about football as you do fornicating.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Shane? So you didn’t watch a single Texas game last season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

You are almost too stupid to insult.

So, who recruited the vast majority of those players who were being torched?

So, who instilled the stench of losing on an unprecedented level never seen before in the UT football program?

So, who, once we got behind at halftime or going into the 4th quarter, compiled a  record of 2 wins and 17 losses?

As for Charlie Not-At-All Strong, he used the prior coach's players to win one fewer game than the year before. This year, as more of that former's coach's players start to leave the program, Not-At-All's team won 4 fewer games than when he first got there. His recruiting is underwhelming. The only place his special teams should be are in the Special Olympics.

If you really think the stench of the Worst Football Coach in the History of our Proud and Historic Program is going to be magically washed away after 1 or 2 years, you obviously know as much about football as you do fornicating.

Let me answer one by one.

1) The torching is coaching bro. Those same players look like world beaters game to game, and quarter to quarter. The gameplan and playcalling has been the reason this year.

2) If Shane was still starting what would our record be this year?

3) They went 11-2 with Taggert and 10-2 with Charlie. Let's not act like he lost more games than his predecessor. Their starter went down, and as things go the backups tend not to be as good as the starter. We will see how it all shakes out next year.

• Fuck You 3

49 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We’re going to the Sugar Bowl in year two with a team that still has a lot of question marks and will most likely improve. Charlie in year two is headed to Gaspirilla Bowl riding a five game losing streak with a horrid schedule. You can’t honestly think the two are remotely comparable. They lost to Tulane 41-15 for fucks sake

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This guy is an aggy or sooner troll. Engaging him in a discussion is an exercise in futility. 

No, this guy is embarrassed that this is what Texas Football fans have come to. We used to be above the petty bullshit and Aggyesque behavior. These new fans are different. We are a 4 loss football team making fun of a coach of a 5 loss football team. We have no business. Especially since we had to wait two years just to be better than they were.

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I am talking about since Charlie left. Shane was terrible. We got a huge upgrade in QB play and have largely squandered it the last two years.

If you call Sam’s play last season a “huge upgrade,” then my statement stands.

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We’re going to the Sugar Bowl in year two with a team that still has a lot of question marks and will most likely improve. Charlie in year two is headed to Gaspirilla Bowl riding a five game losing streak with a horrid schedule. You can’t honestly think the two are remotely comparable. They lost to Tulane 41-15 for fucks sake

You act as though they are Bama playing that schedule. They are playing the caliber teams they are. We have 4 fucking losses! How Aggy is it to celebrate a 4 loss season, and to do it before you might even have a 5th loss?

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No, this guy is embarrassed that this is what Texas Football fans have come to. We used to be above the petty bullshit and Aggyesque behavior. These new fans are different. We are a 4 loss football team making fun of a coach of a 5 loss football team. We have no business. Especially since we had to wait two years just to be better than they were.

Ur stupid...moving on with my life

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

You act as though they are Bama playing that schedule. They are playing the caliber teams they are. We have 4 fucking losses! How Aggy is it to celebrate a 4 loss season, and to do it before you might even have a 5th loss?

Talent wise they are better than every team on thier schedule minus UCF and Houston. If we played that schedule we’d be just like UCF begging the Committee to put us in the playoffs which they won’t because our schedule is ass

Moronic post. If you can’t see the difference between this Texas team with Herman as our coach and the complete train wreck that was Charlie Strong Texas Football then you have no clue about football and should stop watching and posting here. The strides this team made this year on offense and the development of Ehlinger into one of the best QBs in college ball is a testament to Coach Herman’s ability. We met the reasonably high expectations I had for a 9 win regular season. This team is ahead of schedule and will be the prohibitive favorite to win the XII next season and be a playoff team with Sam being one of the finalists for the Heisman. You sound like sweetjones’ sock, you know, the unabashed Strong apologist who changed his handle to MaybeACoordinator

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does someone want to tell this idiot troll where "home" field is for the Texas Longhorns? Because apparently he thinks it's in Washington D.C. 

He's probably just one of those who thinks the DC MSA includes half of the country. 

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This program isn't anywhere right now. It's exactly the same but with a better QB. That alone is the difference in the amount of wins and losses.

• Fuck You 6

Just now, Thatguy said:

This program isn't anywhere right now. It's exactly the same but with a better QB. That alone is the difference in the amount of wins and losses.

OK, so you think making a coaching change had no effect on this program's trajectory at all.

Bookmarked and screenshotted.

I'm genuinely glad you put this statement here, so that future posters who choose to engage with you can be forewarned of the type of idiocy they're dealing with. 

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Talent wise they are better than every team on thier schedule minus UCF and Houston. If we played that schedule we’d be just like UCF begging the Committee to put us in the playoffs which they won’t because our schedule is ass

Where in the hell do you get this notion that they are more talented than anyone on their schedule? They had a mini Mike Vick playing QB th last two years that VY'ed them into 10 wins. Outside of that they are not that talented. Scroll through their roster and look. They are a small conference team playing a small conference schedule. We are a blue blood playing a p5 schedule. We have 4 losses. We should keep our mouths shut.

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yeah you’re trolling lol. Wtf kinda statement is this

Pretty logical actually. We went 5-7 with Shane. We upgraded to Sam. He was hurt a couple games so we went 7-6. He was largely healthy this year so we went 9-4. I am saying that if Shane was still the QB we would still be 5-7. Maybe worse. Look at the schedule and tell me who we beat with Shane at the helm. I will wait.

• Fuck You 4

57 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We lost to fucking Kansas in Charlie's THIRD year. He just flat out sucks. Now Herman is pulling us out of that mess and he's right on schedule having us play for a Big 12 championship in his second year. You can't be serious with this can you?

• Like 3

I wanted Charlie Strong to succeed because he was the head coach at Texas. I wanted Mack Brown to be successful because he was the head coach at Texas. I want Tom Herman to be successful because he's the head coach at Texas. Don't care how the head coach at USF or North Carolina does. 

As far as opinions, Mack was good, but had fallen off. Strong caught lightning in a bottle with Bridgewater and pooled that into some sweet contracts. He's fine, as long as he has a personnel advantage and can motivate players, but not a good X and Os coach. Herman has improved a lot of facets of the Longhorns, but we'll have to see if his ceiling is up there with th big guys, or more Mike Leach. 

Pretty logical actually. We went 5-7 with Shane. We upgraded to Sam. He was hurt a couple games so we went 7-6. He was largely healthy this year so we went 9-4. I am saying that if Shane was still the QB we would still be 5-7. Maybe worse. Look at the schedule and tell me who we beat with Shane at the helm. I will wait.

I mean you’re completely ignoring the fact that we substantially upgraded in talent from two years ago to now. Two years ago we had Dylan Haines and Jason Hall as our safeties. Now we have Brandon Jones and Caden Sterns. Last year we had Kyle Porter and Chris Warren as our RBs. This is a silly argument my dude

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard Kimball said:

I wanted Charlie Strong to succeed because he was the head coach at Texas. I wanted Mack Brown to be successful because he was the head coach at Texas. I want Tom Herman to be successful because he's the head coach at Texas. Don't care how the head coach at USF or North Carolina does. 

As far as opinions, Mack was good, but had fallen off. Strong caught lightning in a bottle with Bridgewater and pooled that into some sweet contracts. He's fine, as long as he has a personnel advantage and can motivate players, but not a good X and Os coach. Herman has improved a lot of facets of the Longhorns, but we'll have to see if his ceiling is up there with th big guys, or more Mike Leach. 

And this is the most accurate post on this board. People forget that Charlie walked into Miami NW High School and convinced Teddy Bridgewater, a 5 star QB, to forego all the powerhouse programs and go play for Louisville. Charlie recruited well at Louisville and they won. He recruited well at Florida and S Carolina. Give him a solid QB and he has shown he can win. He never had that here. Sure, it was his fault he missed on his recruits. That said he left. I hope he does well wherever he is, as well as Mack at UNC.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean you’re completely ignoring the fact that we substantially upgraded in talent from two years ago to now. Two years ago we had Dylan Haines and Jason Hall as our safeties. Now we have Brandon Jones and Caden Sterns. Last year we had Kyle Porter and Chris Warren as our RBs. This is a silly argument my dude

How many wins do we have if Shane is the QB? Look at the schedule. This isn't rocket science.