Holy Shit @ This 99 Yard TD Run from Derrick Henry

Vic Mackey

39 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Still not better than TD’s.  

it's all opinion. I've got Earl's long one vs. Miami ahead of both . Personal preference since it was an electric moment (at home). 

I also enjoyed Dickerson's 85 yarder more than the TD/DH. the height of ED, the blazing speed, the beaut of the gallop --sensational 

27 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I have both he and Lewis on my FF team.  

I'll let you guess which one I started.

I have Dion Lewis. Did me good earlier in the year. Has fell way off, though and haven't started him in awhile. The last place team in our league has Henry so it was a wasted effort. With the RBs I have, I probably would not have started Henry last night unless I had injuries and was forced to. No one saw that shit coming. 

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

TD was just a beautiful runner, wasn’t a huge fan although I’m a Cowboys fan.  His runs just looked effortless.  

Will throw in Marcus Allen’s run against the Skins in SB18?

IIRC, that was a strike year of Dorsett’s run and Dallas got screwed schedule wise because ABC didn’t want to lose their MNF game with Dallas and the Cowboys only played the NFC East teams once and not even play the Giants at all. 

9 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I almost don't believe this.

Sometimes people live in different worlds.

I grew up IN Dallas (Preston Hollow-is) and went to private schools until near the end of high school.

Although I had heard of "the Bible Belt", I had no idea that Dallas was in it until perhaps after college. I thought that North Texas was kind of an oasis providing sanctuary from that mind control. I think that it was when I read about Dallas hosting the Southern Baptist Convention that I started remember all of the megachurches on the highways outside of Dallas and started to question whether Dallas was actually a part of the Bible Belt.

I also didn't have a "Texas accent" growing up and have been asked "Where are you from?" all my life, because people didn't get a Texas vibe from my look, actions, attitude, or accent, even though my father was born just west of Fort Worth and my mother moved to Texas in the late '50s/beginning of the '60s. My closest friends growing up had parents from Texas, other parts of the U.S., and even Europe, so I was exposed to a variety of (educated) accents and viewpoints. We didn't hunt, fish, BBQ, eat grits, fry much of anything, or "believe". My parents almost never drank either. Apparently not everyone is exposed to the same thing as others in the state.

20 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'd heard "Smear the Queer" sometime in college/post college, but didn't know what it was referring to until this calendar year. (2018)

We played "Tackle The Man With The Ball" growing up in our neighbor's yard or at school and I never knew that there was another name for it. (It's still the first/only name that pops into my head when I try to explain the game to a friend's 7 year-old son.)

SIDE NOTE: The only name I knew for a large "portable stereo" growing up was a "GHETTO BLASTER" until my older sister went to college in Massachusetts and mentioned "a jam box" when the was home over the holidays. I had to have her explain what she was talking about, because I only knew the one term. I think that I picked up "...a portable stereo..." from the SEARS & MONTGOMERY WARDS catalogs, but considered that more of a description than an actual name for the item.

I'll tell you this much.  When I had the ball playing a game of 'Tackle The Man With The Ball', I was pretty good.  When I had the ball playing 'Smear the queer', I was fucking Barry Sanders.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
maybe it was fucking him that made me the queer?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lifelong Cowboy fan...and I've always loved that nobody can ever beat TD's record.

I do have to give it up for Henry's level of difficulty though.  If you're showing me both plays, Henry's is the most difficult.  Dorsett had them beat from the get-go.  Henry had to have the speed AND the balance & power to break through their attempted tackles. It required more endurance to finish as well.

Keep in mind, it's just judging one play.  It might be the highlight of Henry's career.  Tony's run was but one tiny, tiny piece of his story.

Lifelong Cowboy fan...and I've always loved that nobody can ever beat TD's record.
I do have to give it up for Henry's level of difficulty though.  If you're showing me both plays, Henry's is the most difficult.  Dorsett had them beat from the get-go.  Henry had to have the speed AND the balance & power to break through their attempted tackles. It required more endurance to finish as well.
Keep in mind, it's just judging one play.  It might be the highlight of Henry's career.  Tony's run was but one tiny, tiny piece of his story.
Is it not possible to have a 100yd TD run? Say if the ball was exactly on the goal line?

Tony’s was pretty damn close to the goal line. Not sure it could be much closer.

Man total bummer to here about his CTE issues. And he was even known for not taking many hits.

He stood right in front of me on the sidelines when Ricky broke his record. I realize that was 20 years ago but he looked great that day. That’s how I’m going to remember him.