NFL Week 17 Catchall thread

Vito Andolini

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

The sooner is still strong in Baker Mayfield. The game is on the line, Cleveland is deep in Baltimore territory....Cleveland has an opportunity to secure their first season over .500 in an eternity and he throws a pick to seal the game.

They were at Baltimore’s 41 yard line.  Hardly deep in their territory. 

Eagles will pay Foles the bonus, but he's not coming back in 2019 even if he gets playoff win(s) again. Combination of age and economics, and of course the presence of Wentz. Such a wonderfully bizarre career. I bet he isn't a big FA target around the league, either.

Eagles will pay Foles the bonus, but he's not coming back in 2019 even if he gets playoff win(s) again. Combination of age and economics, and of course the presence of Wentz. Such a wonderfully bizarre career. I bet he isn't a big FA target around the league, either.

I think they keep Foles and deal Wentz. He won them a Super Bowl.

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t think they can just pay him. Would have to be some sort of reworked contract if he were to return next year. If not, he’s SOL.

They could technically franchise Foles. But it's Wentz' team, despite the strong media/fan narrative that Foles is better. He might be, but he's also older and would wreck the salary structure of the roster going forward.

It's bizarre, but Wentz wouldn't bring THAT much in a trade (maybe a couple #1 picks and a lower pick) and I'm telling y'all, Foles will not be a major FA target around the league. If he wants to start, he'll probably have to go to a shit team and won't have anywhere near his current success. The NFL is brutal