2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

On 3/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

That’s the Texans. A day and dollar short. There is no excuse for the Texans looking like the idiots they are. Look at the fucking Browns. That’s how you build a winner. I’d lay a grand on them winning a SB this year. FUCK CAL MCNAIR AND HIS FUCKING RACIST DAD. 

th?id=OIP.tiB14BF6fzBB6NE2YJRWhwHaE4&pid

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chad said:

Have you not been paying any attention? They have a highly successful rookie QB, one of the best WR duos in the entire NFL, a stout OL, a very talented young TE, Chubb/Hunt at RB and they added Sheldon Richardson/ Olivier Vernon. They finished 7-8-1 despite beginning the season with the 2nd worst coach in NFL history sabotaging their efforts. The Browns have some primo talent on offense and their additions on defense will greatly improve that unit. If they don't finish Top 5 in offense scoring/yards they underachieved.

They won't make the playoffs next year calm down.

• Like 1

While I agree with Chad and Icono that the Browns have added some nice pieces, it is laughable to use them, at this time, as a model for how to build a franchise. Let’s talk after they actually do something. With that being said, they are the favorite to win the AFC North @ 7/5 and have the 5th lowest odds to win the SB @ 15/1

• Like 1

"NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent QB A.J. McCarron is visiting the Texans on Monday.

With Brandon Weeden a free agent, the Texans are in the market for a backup. McCarron would not engender much confidence if forced into the starting lineup, but he can at least hold down a spot on the depth chart."

LOL...pretty sure they were in the market for a backup WITH Brandon Weedon on the team. 

Can't wait to see what power moves they think of next.

• 2 weeks later...

Texans apathy seems to be at all time high but the draft is in 3 days so bumpity. They have picks 23,54,55,86,161,195,220

OT is obviously the #1 priority but there seems to be only 3 that seem to be 1st round worthy. (Taylor, Williams, Dillard) All 3 likely to be gone by the Texans pick. Do you trade up for one? Or reach for someone like Greg Little or go interior( Cody ford, Risner). Or do you BPA and address another position like CB or RB?

• Like 1

I’d be ok with that. They can use the 2 picks in the second round on best available OL. I heard some morons on the radio saying to trade the 1st round pick to Arizona for Patrick Peterson, a soon to be 30 year old corner who wants a new deal. No thanks. They need to get younger and manage their cap carefully.

51 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Not that anyone cares but I’m calling my shot in the 1st round. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

I think it's going to be DB too, because all the 1st round OTs will be gone. They really need to trade Clowney for 2-3 picks.

Edited by HtownHorn

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think it's going to be DB too, because all the 1st round OTs will be gone. They really need to trade Clowney for 2-3 picks.

Fatty McClain insists that trading Clowney isn't on the table. He's usually pretty clued in. The Texans could probably package their 1st with one of of their 2s and move up for  someone like Dillard but I don't think they will. They need too many bodies

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Fatty McClain insists that trading Clowney isn't on the table. He's usually pretty clued in. The Texans could probably package their 1st with one of of their 2s and move up for  someone like Dillard but I don't think they will. They need too many bodies

That would be a bad idea. Too many holes to give up a Top 60 pick.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

That would be a bad idea. Too many holes to give up a Top 60 pick.

I have been seeing more mocks with us moving up to 8 by trading our 2nd and 3rd to Detroit. We need depth. I am against trading up. We need a LT. Better not draft the poor tackling, PI defensive holding machine known as Greedy 

I have been seeing more mocks with us moving up to 8 by trading our 2nd and 3rd to Detroit. We need depth. I am against trading up. We need a LT. Better not draft the poor tackling, PI defensive holding machine known as Greedy 

So who would you be happy getting at 23? I’d like to monitor your mood swings.

Dane Brugler thinks the Texans could take Greg Little or Kaleb McGary if they stay put. Or Greedy if there's a run on tackles before their pick.

I think both those linemen, along with Risner, would be a reach at 23. Cody Ford is a real possibility, if still there.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Brugler thinks Houston will want a first-rounder plus one more "premium asset" (like a Peterson) to do the deal.

That would be interesting. I would take a 3rd(since Arizona has the 1st pick in each round) and Peterson for Clowney. Then draft 2 OL, Omenihu to replace Clowney, and safety.

It’s an interesting OL board. Could be a run on tackles, could not. Talent spread pretty good, not the usual drop off after the obvious first round talent. Could take two in the second round and be OK, should it come to that.

Any 2 tackles they get in the second round will immediately be better than anything on their roster now.