2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

Fuck this team. I will never see a Houston team in the Super Bowl. I have to come to terms with that. My life is awful as it is. I don’t trust the evaluation or development of the OL with this team. They signed Breno fucking Giacomini. You don't draft fucking projects with our needs. I’m done. 

Usually when I see offensive lineman highlights, they show dominance. This guy was getting pushed back upon initial impact. He looked like he was struggling to hold his blocks. I cant see him starting as a rookie. Also, not sure he couldn’t be had in the 2nd round. Not every draft pick can be Travis Johnson.

• Like 2

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

Usually when I see offensive lineman highlights, they show dominance. This guy was getting pushed back upon initial impact. He looked like he was struggling to hold his blocks. I cant see him starting as a rookie. Also, not sure he couldn’t be had in the 2nd round. Not every draft pick can be Travis Johnson.

Saw this when I searched Google:

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

Marino

Pass Sets - Often takes a false step out of his stance, getting no depth and preventing him from driving out of his stance with authority. The end result is he's forced to bail vs. speed and is off balance when trying to anchor vs. power. 

Length/Extension -He's got the needed wingspan to hold the edge but it isn't often that you see him extend his arms and ride guys past the peak of the pocket. He's got some pop in his hands, too. Just a matter of getting that initial strike down with consistency. 

Balance -Gets knocked around too much by heavy handed defenders, but that's because of how often he's absorbing contract instead of dishing it out. He'll need to continue to focus on cleaning up his feet and sustaining a wide base to help him play more stout. 

Hand Technique -His placement isn't great and he's too often late throwing the hands all together, which gives defenders the chance to stun and set him. He'll struggle with recovery because he's so late to flash the palms and get knocked out of position by more technically advanced players. 

Power at POA -Hard to get a vibe for how much power he's truly packing because on any given play something is misaligned or poorly timed. But he's a pretty explosive athlete for the position and that should translate perfectly fine if and when the technique catches up to the skill. 

Football IQ -Very, very raw. He's got issues from a technical standpoint with his first step, with his first punch, his angles, so on and so forth. He's a little too linear in his pursuit of defenders, too, if he shows more anticipation he's get out in front of scrapes with greater frequency. 

Functional Athleticism -He's pretty fleet of foot and shows little issue with playing in space. He's guilty of letting his feet narrow and break down his base as he tries to shadow smaller defenders. He'll have little problem working to set points in space in screen game thanks to mobility. 

Anchor Ability -Functional strength looks to be present and he carries a lot of mass below the waist, which should aid in his efforts to continue to clean up his anchor as his leverage gets better. 

Flexibility -He doesn't appear to have any glaring deficiencies in mobility, he's got the needed reach in his cleaner pass sets to get depth off of the LOS. He's flashed nice hip hinge to open to wider angled pass rushers as well, it's just not there from muscle memory perspective. 

Competitive Toughness -Doesn't play as a tone setter, but not on account of effort. I like the mentality he brings to keep pushing, keep looking for work and continuing to play through the whistle. He's got enough functional strength to stave off attacks despite all his warts. 

BEST TRAIT - Length

WORST TRAIT - Football IQ

BEST FILM - Grambling State (2018)

WORST FILM - Auburn (2018)

RED FLAGS - None

Tytus Howard is a toolsy offensive tackle prospect, but one that has notable development before he should be considered to take the field at the NFL level. Howard has the requisite movement skills, size and length to play the position, but he's very raw from a technical perspective and struggles with the finer points of setting his blocks and hitting his landmarks in pass protection with any level of consistency. Howard can develop into a starting player but that's several years away as he is now. 

ROUND GRADE - Seventh Round

Fuck this team. I will never see a Houston team in the Super Bowl. I have to come to terms with that. My life is awful as it is. I don’t trust the evaluation or development of the OL with this team. They signed Breno fucking Giacomini. You don't draft fucking projects with our needs. I’m done. 

Lulz. I was waiting for this and it’s made my night.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

Marino

Pass Sets - Often takes a false step out of his stance, getting no depth and preventing him from driving out of his stance with authority. The end result is he's forced to bail vs. speed and is off balance when trying to anchor vs. power. 

Length/Extension -He's got the needed wingspan to hold the edge but it isn't often that you see him extend his arms and ride guys past the peak of the pocket. He's got some pop in his hands, too. Just a matter of getting that initial strike down with consistency. 

Balance -Gets knocked around too much by heavy handed defenders, but that's because of how often he's absorbing contract instead of dishing it out. He'll need to continue to focus on cleaning up his feet and sustaining a wide base to help him play more stout. 

Hand Technique -His placement isn't great and he's too often late throwing the hands all together, which gives defenders the chance to stun and set him. He'll struggle with recovery because he's so late to flash the palms and get knocked out of position by more technically advanced players. 

Power at POA -Hard to get a vibe for how much power he's truly packing because on any given play something is misaligned or poorly timed. But he's a pretty explosive athlete for the position and that should translate perfectly fine if and when the technique catches up to the skill. 

Football IQ -Very, very raw. He's got issues from a technical standpoint with his first step, with his first punch, his angles, so on and so forth. He's a little too linear in his pursuit of defenders, too, if he shows more anticipation he's get out in front of scrapes with greater frequency. 

Functional Athleticism -He's pretty fleet of foot and shows little issue with playing in space. He's guilty of letting his feet narrow and break down his base as he tries to shadow smaller defenders. He'll have little problem working to set points in space in screen game thanks to mobility. 

Anchor Ability -Functional strength looks to be present and he carries a lot of mass below the waist, which should aid in his efforts to continue to clean up his anchor as his leverage gets better. 

Flexibility -He doesn't appear to have any glaring deficiencies in mobility, he's got the needed reach in his cleaner pass sets to get depth off of the LOS. He's flashed nice hip hinge to open to wider angled pass rushers as well, it's just not there from muscle memory perspective. 

Competitive Toughness -Doesn't play as a tone setter, but not on account of effort. I like the mentality he brings to keep pushing, keep looking for work and continuing to play through the whistle. He's got enough functional strength to stave off attacks despite all his warts. 

BEST TRAIT - Length

RED FLAGS - None

Tytus Howard is a toolsy offensive tackle prospect, but one that has notable development before he should be considered to take the field at the NFL level. Howard has the requisite movement skills, size and length to play the position, but he's very raw from a technical perspective and struggles with the finer points of setting his blocks and hitting his landmarks in pass protection with any level of consistency. Howard can develop into a starting player but that's several years away as he is now. 

Lulz, 7th round. Most had him rated in the 2nd round, top 50. it was a reach, but whoever wrote that is a fucking moron.

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Angel gets its wings. 

The fraud that is Bill O’Brien likes “versatility” and fake tough guy on the surface bullshit and doesn’t have a clue on how to build even a decent offense in the NFL. They signed the faget with the name of Giacomini who was a pussy in actually playing on the offensive line but had fake toughness. That’s Bill O’Brien ball. I hate him more than Tricky Rick. I had some hope for Brian Gaine. That’s gone. An awful week has just got even worse. What’s the fucking point of caring or giving a shit

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

Marino

BEST TRAIT - Length
RED FLAGS - None

Thats not good. I saw 10 seconds of handpicked film and it seems inline with this analysis. Worst film against his best competition is not good.

I remember hearing from Texans insiders several years ago about how they could plug and play offensive lineman, so they werent too concerned about spending cap space there. Smartest guys in the room.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

Marino

BEST TRAIT - Length

RED FLAGS - None

So basically a Julien Davenport technique and football smarts-wise going against similar talent as Julien in college but instead of a 7th round flyer we expend 1st round capital on a guy who would have been available with our 2nd or 3rd. We have seen how well Julien has played so far. I have never seen a LT worse than Julien in my 30+ years of watching football. What can go wrong?

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

The fraud that is Bill O’Brien likes “versatility” and fake tough guy on the surface bullshit and doesn’t have a clue on how to build even a decent offense in the NFL. They signed the faget with the name of Giacomini who was a pussy in actually playing on the offensive line but had fake toughness. That’s Bill O’Brien ball. I hate him more than Tricky Rick. I had some hope for Brian Gaine. That’s gone. An awful week has just got even worse. What’s the fucking point of caring or giving a shit

If you are in need of IMMEDIATE crisis services, please call (713) 970-7000.