2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

No clue who that is, also watched zero Aggie games this season 

He's their honorary "12th Man" aka the most aggy kid on the team. Total goober. Very "gritty".

Like I said on the last page, he'll sell a billion jerseys.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He's their honorary "12th Man" aka the most aggy kid on the team. Total goober. Very "gritty".

Like I said on the last page, he'll sell a billion jerseys.

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

His jersey will be popular in Tomball and magnolia 

If nothing else, the Texans at least understand marketing.

I'm not a Texans fan, but The Texans & The Cowboys should draft at least one Longhorn or Aggie every year. If they draft one of each, even smarter... if the fit works.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

'm not a Texans fan, but The Texans & The Cowboys should draft at least one Longhorn or Aggie every year. If they draft one of each, even smarter... if the fit works.

NFL marketing doesn’t work like that. Both teams give zero fucks about that 

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Everything about this is just fucking terrible.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

ob1.gif

Again.

25 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

That pick has to be a joke and a a local hat tip to keep the aggy rubes in Houston happy in order to Luicci their wallets some more. No other explanation.

lol the best 7th round pick the Texans have ever made was Lonnie Ballentine years ago. I doubt the aggie RB makes it on the 53 or practice squad. entirely irrelevant.

Omenihu and Crawford in Rds 5/6 are five star picks though. Tytus is a straight up Duane Brown clone, and I love it.

Jury is still out on LJ Jr. and Sharping tho, no real basis of judgement.

Griffin is trash so getting arrested may have been a blessing in disguise. I like Akins and Thomas but Griffin is trash. In his six year career with the Texans all I can remember are crucial dropped passes and concussions. Get him the fuck out of here.

I feel like BOB has continually failed to incorporate TEs as much as he’d like to, but it’s tough to not just take your chances and throw a 50/50 ball to Hopkins or Fuller 15+ yards down the field than a dink and dump to Akins/Thomas so I can’t really blame him or Watson as much as I’d like.

I think if we can get the ground and pound game inside the tackles game going with Foreman, we’ll see our TEs feast. And I think we have 3 of them that are basic clones of one another in Akins/Thomas/Warring. Hard to see the downside in that.

So much of this season rests on the health of Fuller and Foreman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7th round picks rarely stick even for the first season, but there’s no excuse for wasting a pick if there is someone else you are trying to convince to sign your UDFA contract and put on your practice squad for a year. Were they worried aggy would have some yellow vest riots over Houston picking CO in the 5th round?

9 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

7th round picks rarely stick even for the first season, but there’s no excuse for wasting a pick if there is someone else you are trying to convince to sign your UDFA contract and put on your practice squad for a year. Were they worried aggy would have some yellow vest riots over Houston picking CO in the 5th round?

First time aggy's been compared to the French in a long while. Maybe in their post-Napoleonic war record.

2 minutes ago, Southernthunder said:

I think the aggy will make the team. Should be a good special teams guy. Yes it’s not what people want to hear but special teams are important. It’s a 7th rounder geez. 

If you want to take a flyer on a random aggy, why some mediocre walk-on douche like Gillaspia when a guy like Dodson who can actually play high-level football is right there.

Or you can see if (for example) Davante Davis can help solve the DB issue.

Hey at least they picked to try and address the needs of the roster. Time will tell on whether they picked the right guys, and I'm okay with that. I don't think there were any real head scratchers, which is more than you can say for several other teams...

CBS Sports grades for every round:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-grades-analysis-for-every-fifth-round-pick-from-deionte-thompson-to-cole-holcomb/amp/

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas 
Omenihu was one of the biggest, longest defensive linemen in combine history, and after years spent eating blockers at Texas, he was freed in 2018 and demonstrated good pass-rushing moves. He can play, and succeed, on the inside too if need be. Great value pick. Grade: A-
Edited by Nicole44

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

CBS Sports grades for every round:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-grades-analysis-for-every-fifth-round-pick-from-deionte-thompson-to-cole-holcomb/amp/

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas 
Omenihu was one of the biggest, longest defensive linemen in combine history, and after years spent eating blockers at Texas, he was freed in 2018 and demonstrated good pass-rushing moves. He can play, and succeed, on the inside too if need be. Great value pick. Grade: A-

It appears they liked our draft until the final 2 picks.

C+

B

B

B+, would have been an A, but he didn't see a need at TE, which is BS 

That fucking aggy in the 7th is the most Texans pick, ever. So fucking stupid. Just when they make a couple of good picks and start to get you a little excited they turn around and do something like that. 

And for those of you who think 7th rounders don’t matter, just look at the UDFAs available this year (guys like fucking Gary Johnson), or even last year (Poona). There is still talent in the 7th for a savvy team and wasting a pick to appease your idiot fan base in Katy and sell a few jerseys at Academy is not a smart way to run your team. 

• Like 1

You people who think they took the aggy to sell tickets and jerseys are ridiculous. They took him because they thought he might be a special teams demon ala Brian Braman. That is all you can hope for from pick #220. Maybe they could have signed him as an UDFA but maybe they couldn’t. Regardless, this guy isn’t going to make or break their draft.

• Like 2

You people who think they took the aggy to sell tickets and jerseys are ridiculous. They took him because they thought he might be a special teams demon ala Brian Braman. That is all you can hope for from pick #220. Maybe they could have signed him as an UDFA but maybe they couldn’t. Regardless, this guy isn’t going to make or break their draft.

You are being ridiculous in thinking that being a 12th Man aggy had nothing to do with it.

It has nothing to do with him being an aggy, an everyday to do with him being a shitty football player that is years away from being a capable FB. There were WRs you could have taken with the pick, you know an actual team need, anyone that can stay healthy and play opposite Hopkins.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It has nothing to do with him being an aggy,

It certainly does for some people here.

an everyday to do with him being a shitty football player that is years away from being a capable FB. There were WRs you could have taken with the pick, you know an actual team need, anyone that can stay healthy and play opposite Hopkins.

I kind of wish I could take a look at their board to see who all they had rated where.  Won't ever happen, of course.