2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

I am beginning to wonder if NFL football and the Rodeo in Houston should be detached from one another. Houston is the only city where the football team has to cowtow to some other entity the way the Oilers and Texans have had to do with the Rodeo. Fuck, the whole Texans / Bulls mascot/image/branding deal seems like it was drawn up in a Rodeo committee meeting to create "synergy" between the Rodeo and the team. 

Is this real life? Are you that upset that the rodeo is in NRG stadium or something? The rodeo is in March, how does that impact being a fan of the Texans? There’s a lot to bitch about regarding this franchise, but the rodeo being in the same bldg isn’t one of them

11 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Is this real life? Are you that upset that the rodeo is in NRG stadium or something? The rodeo is in March, how does that impact being a fan of the Texans? There’s a lot to bitch about regarding this franchise, but the rodeo being in the same bldg isn’t one of them

It's a set of two data points I can't quite connect but are nevertheless real: the city of Houston has zero Super Bowls over many decades of NFL seasons and the Houston franchise is the only one that shares a facility with an entity that might be even more powerful than the team.

We have a roof because of the Rodeo. The stadium is where it is because of the Rodeo, even though it would have been a hell of a lot cooler if they moved downtown when they had the chance. 

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

Which is fine, but almost a third of the games are played when the temperature is cool. It was a big waste of 30 million.

That’s hardly the wasted 30MM one should be worried about. Multiple bad contracts, extensions, and wasted draft picks wasted a hell of a lot more than that little drop in the bucket. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's a set of two data points I can't quite connect but are nevertheless real: the city of Houston has zero Super Bowls over many decades of NFL seasons and the Houston franchise is the only one that shares a facility with an entity that might be even more powerful than the team.

We have a roof because of the Rodeo. The stadium is where it is because of the Rodeo, even though it would have been a hell of a lot cooler if they moved downtown when they had the chance. 

I don't think this is even close. The Rodeo has much more clout than the Texans.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Think you are trying to connect the wrong data points. The rodeo is not and will never be the problem. Now shitty ownership and no Super Bowls...you might be on to something there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this in the for sale department as well...Looking to sale for best offer. 

Team signed 2012 Texans football...I do not have a COA...This was obtained by a friend that knew a player on the team..I found Watt and Dre... Have not been able to locate Foster. 

DM me or post if interested. 

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2yexqo7j8/

8 hours ago, joeycovers said:

Posted this in the for sale department as well...Looking to sale for best offer. 

Team signed 2012 Texans football...I do not have a COA...This was obtained by a friend that knew a player on the team..I found Watt and Dre... Have not been able to locate Foster. 

DM me or post if interested. 

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2yexqo7j8/

10 bucks 

It’s not about BOB, it’s about not wanting to give anything up for Casarius (sp?) when he can come for no picks next year. The Patriots probably asked for a #1 and the Texans rightly said no. I really don’t see it as that big of an issue to go into the year without a GM. The plans for Clowney are already in place. The have a price they aren’t willing to go past and again, rightfully so. Next year it will be more important to have the right GM in place.

• 4 weeks later...

Lonnie Johnson must still be sour about the aggy/Kentucky game. In practice today, during a non-tackling drill, he lit up Sternberger. Knocked his helmet off and stood over him and flexed. Of course, BOB threw him out of practice after doing it to another player.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

For a 4th round pick which would become a 3rd if Duke is active for 10 games.

No wonder the Browns love trading with Houston.

They better use him then. Steep price to pay just to let Lamar Miller run up the middle for 3 yards every play. 

9 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

They better use him then. Steep price to pay just to let Lamar Miller run up the middle for 3 yards every play. 

Yeah, he averaged 20 yards per game in his career for the Browns, backing up Crowell and Chubb. My guess is he's going to average similar backing up Miller here. Horrible trade. More evidence that BOB has no understanding of the draft and the value of picks.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

I actually think it is a good move.  He is a significant receiving threat, he provides significant versatility out of the backfield, and if him, KeKe, Fuller and Hopkins are on the field at the same time, that seems tough to defend.  Obviously everyone named above has to remain healthy to stay on the field.  That is the biggest deal, stay healthy. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A third is too steep a price.  But we are desperate at RB.

True, but in all likelihood we’ll net an extra 3rd/4th rounder for the FA losses this year. Johnson is a really good receiver out of the backfield, something we would have needed even if D’Onta had worked out....

So we are going to see extended action tonight at QB by Joe Webb and the recently signed Ole Piss UDFA Jordan Ta'amu. Oh goodie. I am not in town for game tonight and need to stream. Anything equivalent to mlb66.ir for preseason games or do I need to just use the old nflstreams reddit?