2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

Matt Kalil looked like he was on roller-skates last night in pass protection. I can't believe the Texans think that he is acceptable as a starting LT. They need to make a fucking deal with the Redskins to get Trent Williams. Last night's game should be a big ass flashing signal to them to do so. If they have to overpay, so be it. Much more sensible to overpay for a LT than a RB. I like trading for Duke Johnson but they paid too much which is a result of not having a GM in place. Could have gotten him for a 5th rounder IMO if they played their cards closer to the vest. Basically, they are the anti-Luhnow when it comes to valuation, talent evaluation and negotiating strategery.

Decent running backs can be had after cuts. Starting left tackles will not.

Did #79 not see the blitzer? It's not that bad of a pocket, except that 79 allows the nickel to run right past him. It appears that Howell and Steinmetz go confused on assignments. Which leads me to the only question worth asking? Why didn't Howard and Scharping play every fucking snap of that game?

John and Lance report Houston had a deal to trade Clowney to Miami, but Clowney nixed it by refusing to sign an extension with the Dolphins. Would be sweet to get anything in the neighborhood of a Khalil Mack deal for him.

https://www.12up.com/posts/houston-radio-host-claims-jadeveon-clowney-nixed-trade-to-dolphins-01dj5r6e5709/partners/40734

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

It sucks that the Texans have had some great talent over the past 4-5 years (at most positions) and are wasting that talent window with a Belichik wannabe with a coin purse for a chin. 

Yep, it's been longer than 4-5 years. Carr, Foster, Johnson, we just waste talent.

Just now, MillerEP said:

Yep, it's been longer than 4-5 years. Carr, Foster, Johnson, we just waste talent.

I was going to take it back further for those reasons, but realistically, we didn’t have much past those guys then, so it wouldn’t have mattered as much from a coaching standpoint. I was thinking more in a frame of overall team talent and depth.

7 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Nobody wanted to play Yale back then. 

Correct. And then the nation grew, and money became more involved, and the game was opened up to people of all walks of life, and any school had access to great athletes with minimal entrance requirements, and the SEC was born.

Roderick Johnson looked good as the starting LT the first series. He got good push off the ball on running plays and gave Deshaun good pass pro. Matt Kalil needs to be cut immediately. We might finally have a decent o-line with the 2 rookies at G and an average LT. 

• Like 1

How is it a weak division? The Colts were a playoff team last year and should be better this year. Jacksonville was in the AFC Championship game 2 years ago with a horrible QB. They should be much better this year with Foles at QB. Tennessee is the only “bad” team and it’s not like they are horrible. They were 9-7 last year with inconsistent QB play. The division is pretty solid from top to bottom, imo.

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

How is it a weak division? The Colts were a playoff team last year and should be better this year. Jacksonville was in the AFC Championship game 2 years ago with a horrible QB. They should be much better this year with Foles at QB. Tennessee is the only “bad” team and it’s not like they are horrible. They were 9-7 last year with inconsistent QB play. The division is pretty solid from top to bottom, imo.

Luck is still injured. Jacksonville will probably win the division. The Texans will probably win 7-9 games, such is life with BOB.

02a883d851978b2d500058424bea9d02.jpg

Dillard 42 QB passes - 0 pressures given up
Howard 49 QB passes - 4 pressures given up

Gaine was such an idiot. Dillard is ready to go today and we could have had him for a 3rd rounder. Who’d you rather have, Duke Johnson or Dillard. The Eagles offered that to us and we declined. IDIOTS!! The Eagles are like the Astros and are a model franchise with championships to show for it. I would kill to have Howie Roseman.

4 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Gaine was such an idiot. Dillard is ready to go today and we could have had him for a 3rd rounder. Who’d you rather have, Duke Johnson or Dillard. The Eagles offered that to us and we declined. IDIOTS!! The Eagles are like the Astros and are a model franchise with championships to show for it. I would kill to have Howie Roseman.

After trading a 4th and 6th to jump one spot ahead of Houston to get an OT before the Texans, Philly offered the pick for a third rounder???

7 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

02a883d851978b2d500058424bea9d02.jpg

Dillard 42 QB passes - 0 pressures given up
Howard 49 QB passes - 4 pressures given up

What offer did Philly make us?