2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

3 minutes ago, Crusher said:

The Browns!!! The fucking Browns, the worst franchise in recent history move up and take another Texans need. Greedy Williams gone. I hope they have some OT in mind. Maybe some development project pick from Steven F Austin.. basketball team.

They’ll trade out of the second round and select a punter they’ve been keeping under wraps.

Do the Texans not get that they should not just wait their fucking turn and can move up to grab a guy they want. We have 2 picks in a row to be disappointed 

How do you know who they want? I agree that they seem passive but unless we see their draft board, it’s tough to judge.

5 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I dont love the pick - however, i'm not going to claim to have watched a second of Alabama St. film.     It is concerning that he is labeled a project and that i get the feeling that they are happy with the idea of "well at least no matter what he can be a guard"  

If I'm Cal, i would pull Brian and BOB into my office and ask them.

1.  Where on their board did they have the tackles rated.

2.  If there was a gap between Philly's new tackle and ours, i would know there was a process problem and that probably i don't have the right guy leading my team that would allow Philly to jump us for the guy we really wanted.

3.  If there was not a gap (one rated a 92 and one rated a 91.75 for example) then i will know if it doesn't work out that its an evaluation problem.

And as they walked out of my office, i would say simply "okay - you better be right., you will find i'm not nearly as forgiving as my dad was"

Want a job as a GM? You're already better, but you're obligated to hire Kubiag if you fire Bob. 

I like the CB pick, and getting some tackles. I will not ageee with taking Henry with the 23rd pick no matter if he gets inducted to the HOF some day. If they were dead set on taking him, he would have been there for one of these last 2 picks, and probably for their next one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

goddamn a lot of crybaby know-it-all bitchass fucksticks up in here.

jesus fucking christ some of you are just spewing dumb overreactions because that's your default position with the Houston Texans and the NFL draft.

Calm down.

3 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Fan made highlight video of Howard: 

I don’t think you’ll find many that wouldn’t be fine with picking him. The issue seems to be when he was picked.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

goddamn a lot of crybaby know-it-all bitchass fucksticks up in here.

jesus fucking christ some of you are just spewing dumb overreactions because that's your default position with the Houston Texans and the NFL draft.

Calm down.

Nailed it. 

By the ESPN rankings, he was the #6 OT (IN SPITE OF how raw he is and playing D1AA). The #2 and 3 OT’s were off the board, and the #1 OT (Taylor) has two questionable knees. So they reached over the OU and KState guys, then ATL picked the #8 rated OT seven picks later also passing on Taylor, Ford, and Risner. Several other teams also passed on those guys over the next 15 picks. Put it into perspective, not as “sky is falling” as it first seemed to many. 

They ended up with the #6 (with upside) and #7 rated OT’s and the #8 CB (with big size and SEC coverage skillz lol). Most fans would have been happy with that before the draft given the expectations of this front office and coaching staff. 

Would have been sweet to move up 7-10 spots and get Greedy though. People would be saying they pwned the draft if that had gone down.

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing them take a 3rd down back that could catch some balls out of the backfield, but maybe a little later. Couldn’t they use some linebacker help?

I wouldn’t mind taking another DB. with Luck back on track and the rest of the division teams throwing the ball pretty well, the more competition in that area could only help.