My kingdom for robust USB cables!

Rimbo

I swear what the shit is up with these fucking things.

Cheap. Expensive. Plastic. Nylon-braided. Little doo-dads for cable management. None of this shit matters. No matter what I buy, 3 months later I have to replace them. The USB3 cable I used for my external hard drive gets looked at wrong, and the disk disconnects. I go through the ones for my phone in the car just about every month. I went with a wireless charger just so I don't have to deal with that shit any more, but even that thing plugs into the wall with, you guessed it, another shitty USB cable that I'll probably end up having to replace some time this Summer.

What's a man gotta do to get USB cables that will keep working and I don't have to keep buying new ones?

Anker doesn't make USB 3.0 Micro B cables, which is the finicky nonsense that inspired the OP:

41ApTPgD9-L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Otherwise, no, haven't tried that particular brand yet.

And Jesus. Looking through my order history... I've ordered 17 fucking USB cables (not including the USB-to-Lightning cable) in the past 2 years. Forget Dollar Shave Club, do they have a Dollar USB Club? For a low low price, you get a new USB cable every month? Because that's the rate I'm going through these fuckers.

Edited by Rimbo

16 hours ago, luke duke said:

WTF are you doing with your cables? I’ve never worn out a cable and I have a wife and 3 kids.

yeap.  but actually my wife has a few cables worn through.  none for me. 

if you want higher quality, pay for the anker that are braided