Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Interesting. Are we looking to take more than two tackles in this cycle or is this just a take the best available and someone might find their way to guard down the line type of a thing? 

We are taking 4-5 OL and I think we intend on finding the best 5 versatile guys. We are not looking for guard centric players. Plus aggy has taken all the guards in this class and in the next. 

Edited by utfan87

37 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Interesting. Are we looking to take more than two tackles in this cycle or is this just a take the best available and someone might find their way to guard down the line type of a thing? 

Three tackles, a swing guy, and a center would make sense to me 

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I do work on Mad Ave. Thank Christ for that show making the whole industry look 1000x cooler and better dressed than reality.

Interesting. One of the accuracy criticisms of Mad Men is the characters aren't dressed appropriately. Namely their clothes on the show are too cheap. 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I do work on Mad Ave. Thank Christ for that show making the whole industry look 1000x cooler and better dressed than reality.

I don't know about cool but I have heard that Isaac Mizrahi's team and Omnicom's team throw fabulous joint soirees  - not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We talked about him a long time ago but I haven't heard it again until now. His film looks good. If I remember correctly (which is doubtful), he is pretty new to football. He is from Nigeria and started playing football as a sophomore in High School and didn't know anything about the sport before then. He plays outside but will probably move inside in college.Great athlete that will most likely need a redshirt year.

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

At least in New York there's usually a Creative with some interesting style. Agencies in LA are flip flops and Ts. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So just completely ignore my points and focus on your own worldview. Got it. 

You want David Shaw's number or something?

Seriously guys. WTF is up with the Stanford sympathizing? 

Stanford hasn't won a national title since 1940. 78 years ago. Competitively, they're Ivy West Aggy. At what point does winning matter?

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

You want David Shaw's number or something?

Seriously guys. WTF is up with the Stanford sympathizing? 

They have been to 3 Rose Bowls in the last 6 years while we have been struggling to become bowl eligible with losses to the likes of Kansas and Maryland. 

We have had 1 OL drafted in the last 10 years.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

They have been to 3 Rose Bowls in the last 6 years while we have been struggling to become bowl eligible with losses to the likes of Kansas and Maryland. 

We’d have more OL draft picks than them if our top targets would quit choosing Stanford over Texas!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

It doesn't help that the best linemen in the state have consistently gone west as of late. This fact wasn't true before this recent trend.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Stanford is a smart choice. Unfortunately.

For what? Winning 8-9 games a year and with an upset of Washington or USC here and there?  Sure, why not? 

For all the captains of industry on here, y'all are short sighted. What is Texas going to be in 4-5 years?

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

For what? Winning 8-9 games a year and throwing in surprising upset of Washington or USC here and there?  Sure, why not? 

For all the captains of industry on here, y'all are short sighted. What is Texas going to be in 4-5 years?

In fairness, that's a big upgrade from what their program was for decades. You don't go from several decades of terrible football to rings immediately. It takes time.

Not saying Texas isn't a better choice than Stanford - just saying, you've got to consider the context.

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For what? Winning 8-9 games a year and with an upset of Washington or USC here and there?  Sure, why not? 

Hey Bill! Shut the fuck up!

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 5

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I would let a dingo maul a baby for a 9-win season. 

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For what? Winning 8-9 games a year and throwing in surprising upset of Washington or USC here and there?  Sure, why not? 

No one fucking knows for sure. We suspect or hope. But for fucking sure sunshine pumping fuckheads were asking the same stupid question every year from 2010 to 2014: “where will texas be in 4-5 years?” And not one of them would have answered “sucking hind teet and being a national embarrassment.” 

Stanford has an elite degree and on the field results wed kill for the last 8 years. Mack Brown won 2 conference titles in 18 years. Even when we were at our best its not like we were reeling off conference titles. 

Generally i really really like you as a poster here, but this is the first time youve tossed out some aggy level ignorant stupidity that ive seen. Dont be fucking obtuse. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Stanford sympathizing is not the hill I'm going to die on. I'm out. 

Be proud of your school. Be proud of where you came from. If not, I know a guy that can sell you Stanford season tickets. 

Hey a lot of young people prefer a Saturday night of Rock N Roll sushi and saki bombs over hot women and fun bars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Stanford sympathizing is not the hill I'm going to die on. I'm out. 

Be proud of your school. Be proud of where you came from. If not, I know a guy that can sell you Stanford season tickets. 

Theyre not mutually exclusive motherfucker. You going to tell us how Nick Saban sucks at coaching next because hes not the coach at the University of By Gawd Texas? Ive got a great board for you, and Taylor Hamm and Karen DustyCrotch would love to have a few good subscribers like you. 

Since I like you, Im just going to assume youve had a few and are pissed off over the bragg commitment. 

• Like 4