Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

other than ramonce thug life didn't come into play until the '06 & '07 classes. they had nothing to do with the championship/bowl wins.

Someone forgot about "Shovel Face" Case and Hicks double teaming a bitch before a bowl game. That's some thug shit! 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Someone forgot about "Shovel Face" Case and Hicks double teaming a bitch before a bowl game. That's some thug shit! 

Not really a double team... Case just watched and quietly muttered creepy comments to himself and sipped a monster energy drink

7 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I don’t think Case had sex, ever. The closest he came was buttfucking aggy.

and if tag teaming women is wrong then...

Back in the Shaggy days, I noticed myself thinking “keys, phone, wallet, watch, ring” when I was taking a mental inventory of what I didn’t want to leave behind at the house or hotel. I credit your handle for planting that in my subconscious. Thank you, sir. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

IMO, Selling/using drugs isn’t that much of an indictment on someone’s character. The way people treat people is. The way people work is.

I’m not sure what happened, but the above quote disappeared when I went back to edit my post. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Just now, Bevo said:

Is he the one who transferred to Louisville and then something happened there, also. 

No, I believe that was Dyer from South Carolina. Willie Williams was a Miami recruit with a shit ton of baggage and never amounted to anything. He ended up playing ball for an NAIA team. He was a former 5* LB 

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

From everything I've read it's the latter. I don't think the coaches have any interest in Brooks. Talented, but tainted.

I'd keep tabs on Tongue and search the face of the Earth for another Overshown. 

That said, I think Caleb Johnson could be a pretty good Rover at Texas. Just have to pray Oregon doesn't offer. Also, need to rub the rosary for no LSU offer to Warren. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

That said, I think Caleb Johnson could be a pretty good Rover at Texas. Just have to pray Oregon doesn't offer. Also, need to rub the rosary for no LSU offer to Warren. 

Cooper's senior hudl looks really good, he can play in space. No idea if he'd want to join a four LB class, or if we'd want a fourth LB

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For some reason I don't see Warren ending up at LSU because coach O is a moron. That's how we landed Mike Williams. Johnson would be a stud with Yancy adding some mass. Do you think Tongue will decommit?

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Owens is so darned fast, I'd be hesitate to spin him down. However, Gary was an all state sprinter in Alabama. I guess we'll see how Owens' body develops. 

Owen's is just a freak of nature like Overshown. I can see him  balling out as a freshman. Has got "it". His ranking is a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

For some reason I don't see Warren ending up at LSU because coach O is a moron. That's how we landed Mike Williams. Johnson would be a stud with Yancy adding some mass. Do you think Tongue will decommit?

They'll need to miss on a couple of guys, but it's possible they end up pursuing. Bama looking good for Sopsher hurts us here; if LSU was landing the two Sopsher brothers, there's no way they'd have room 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I think maybe Georgia has higher recruits on their board and Tongue gets trap doored. He's been adamant about sticking at WR. Not sure Kirby is about that. 

We'll see on Warren. I'm not optimistic, the LSU mods are starting to talk him up a lot. They've called him a top 10 in state player. Oeaux will take notice eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Owen's is just a freak of nature like Overshown. I can see him  balling out as a freshman. Has got "it". His ranking is a joke. 

I hope Owens gets a UA or Army AA jersey. I think he needs some all star practices to get a fifth star from 247. Rivals doesn't even know who he is. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think maybe Georgia has higher recruits on their board and Tongue gets trap doored. He's been adamant about sticking at WR. Not sure Kirby is about that. 

We'll see on Warren. I'm not optimistic, the LSU mods are starting to talk him up a lot. They've called him a top 10 in state player. Oeaux will take notice eventually. 

LSU can take 24 this class, so they have five spots. One will be a DB to replace Banks with, one will be Lee who's a WR/S, one will be a DT to replace Sopsher with, and one will be a RB, whether it's Cain or Emery Jr. The last spot is probably best player available, which could be a 3rd running back, Nakobe Dean, a safety, Warren, etc

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I could see the Ogre offering him last minute.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

LSU can take 24 this class, so they have five spots. One will be a DB to replace Banks with, one will be Lee who's a WR/S, one will be a DT to replace Sopsher with, and one will be a RB, whether it's Cain or Emery Jr. The last spot is probably best player available, which could be a 3rd running back, Nakobe Dean, a safety, Warren, etc

Nakobe Dean is going to be an Aggie. - Signed, Aggys

Edited by billfromlaketravis

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

They'll need to miss on a couple of guys, but it's possible they end up pursuing. Bama looking good for Sopsher hurts us here; if LSU was landing the two Sopsher brothers, there's no way they'd have room 

On the other hand, I'd rather Kaeontay run against Warren than Sopsher the next two years.

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He was, but right before committing to Georgia he started talking about playing LB for them. Gue$$ he just really wanted to be a Dawg.

Tech site quotes TT commit Steven Parker today as saying Herman and staff are still really "pushing" him for a visit. Says he is 99% Tech unless something major happens like a coach firing.  I'll note 99% is not 100%.

Through six games at S. Oak Cliff, Parker has 48 tackles, 15 sacks, 19 tfl, and 4 forced fumbles.  We'll see what happens.