Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the only person that finds zero value in the “tfloss “ updates on updates? They're little piles of shit added to this board daily that provide nothing new or insightful and usually involve plagiarizing updates already posted on this board. Then they cause dialogue here on people seeking/giving clarity as to what the fuck they are. Just fucking worthless, unhelpful shit. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elnimo said:

As a Zoroastrian, I agree in some respects.  But there are ok english translations out there.  Imagine saying the lord's prayer in the original latin, if you have never taken a latin class.  That's how we get around not speaking avestan.

except the Lord's prayer was originally recorded in Koine Greek....not Latin.   : )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

All I know is I'm Derrian Brown's biggest fan, and he will make a difference. He's better than Noah Cain. He, Smith, and Whittington may be the 3 best signees we've had in a long time. All three are difference makers. 

Brown is going to surprise a lot of people. That's a Herman eval all the way.

Just now, Handcruser said:

Is be surprised if he’s not a 5 star. We may have 2 before it is all said and done.

I wonder where that would take us in the ratings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Jake would have needed to participate in the All-Star game to get a bump that high.

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Is be surprised if he’s not a 5 star. We may have 2 before it is all said and done.

I wonder where that would take us in the ratings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He needs to be a top 50 player at least. The kid is a sure thing in college.

14 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Brown is going to surprise a lot of people. That's a Herman eval all the way.

Oh, absolutely. His hudl is amazing. Once we lost Cain, I didn't care. Brown will surpass him easily. I don't think he's had a fumble since he was a sophomore, too. He's a beast. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

33 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

All I know is I'm Derrian Brown's biggest fan, and he will make a difference. He's better than Noah Cain. He, Smith, and Whittington may be the 3 best signees we've had in a long time. All three are difference makers. 

Guys (like Smith) that tall that move like that don’t grow on trees. Agree those three may do a lot of damage to defenses and record books at Texas.

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Guys (like Smith) that tall that move like that don’t grow on trees. Agree those three may do a lot of damage to defenses and record books at Texas.

Exactly. We hit the jackpot with all three of these kids. I expect they'll be fan favorites (along with Floyd) when all is said and done 

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Any chance of a Sugar Bowl bump in advance of NSD or is it too late in the cycle?

Forgive an intrusion from one of the unwashed masses, but I didn't wanna skim thru 787 pages for an answer.

Maybe a little from some JUCO/GT guys, but almost everyone is signed or at least has been talking to programs for months at this point. 2020 is the bump year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh, absolutely. His hudl is amazing. Once we lost Cain, I didn't care. Brown will surpass him easily. I don't think he's had a fumble since he was a sophomore, too. He's a beast. 

Just watched his senior tape for the first time.  That’s better than I had dared hope.  He is going to be very good.  The spin at 6:28 shows great balance to go with North/south running.  He is patient for the hole to develop and then hits it quickly.  Long stride in open field. I like.

1 minute ago, Babytime said:

Just watched his senior tape for the first time.  That’s better than I had dared hope.  He is going to be very good.  The spin at 6:28 shows great balance to go with North/south running.  He is patient for the hole to develop and then hits it quickly.  Long stride in open field. I like.

His North/South running along with his first step is unbelievable. He's great out of the backfield for catches, too. He's an APB. Dude is gonna be a fan favorite before all is said and done. He and Ingram will bring our running game back. He's got incredible vision, too. 

• Like 3

Was thinking of how to rate importance or lack thereof attached to signing JS, our lone unsigned ‘committed.’

I think at most he would play 2 years, probably one. We would not roll him out as a true FR, and he seems like a very high gone in 3 risk assuming he does pan out. Introduces a helicopter person back into the program. Increased concern about attitude in his case. Plays a position with among the lowest correlation between stars and later studs. I don’t like putting off important issues until the last minute or gambling on future events, but the system is evolving such that snagging a JuCo or Grad transfer tackle later is an increasingly viable option by comparison to a gamble that eats a scholarship for possibly 4+ years. In an era of frequent early departure, grooming OL for 2 years before playing them, combined with risk of not panning out, pushes the scholarship to contributor ratio potentially to 5 to 1. Transfers have a much lower uncertainty regarding how they’ll play at the college level and need less seasoning. They push the ratio closer to 1:1.

TLDR I hate a small OL class reflexively but my initial quasi-moneyball analysis says better to cut bait on this one.