Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Steve Wiltfong: Texas routs USC in front of talented group of recruits

Texas took apart No. 22 USC 37-14 on Saturday night in Austin, an opportunistic win regarding the future of the program as the Longhorns played in front of a terrific group of prospects. And those recruits got caught up in the atmosphere of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. “Best I ever been too,” linebacker commit Marcus Tillman said. The Orlando (Fla.) Jones standout is part of a class the industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks No. 12 nationally, good for No. 2 in the Big 12. “No. 1 on my list. A plus.” Tillman believes more commitments to come too. “Me and Gabe (De’Gabriel Floyd) talking to two trying to commit so we probably made their mind up for them,” Tillman said. “We’ll see either tonight or tomorrow.”

Tom Herman and his staff are hosting the nation’s No. 1 running back Trey Sanders and the nation’s No. 1 athlete in receiver target Bru McCoy on official visits, along with Top247 receiver Marcus Washington and Top247 running back Derrian Brown. The Longhorns are looking to make a move with Sanders and McCoy this weekend while I could easily see Washington and Brown in the class.

There were some priority 2019 targets on campus for unofficial as well. “Everyone around is buzzed about it,” Top247 receiver Jaylen Ellis said. “I see nothing on my phone and around me but Texas and how the team is looking.” Many of Texas’s 2019 commits returned.

There were a lot of big-named 2020 targets in Austin. “It was live from beginning to end,” the country’s No. 6 safety Darius Snow from Carrollton (Texas) Hebron said. “Period. The secondary play was excellent, and that’s what probably stood out the most to me. All in all, like I’ve said before, every time I come down here they make me like them even more and they definitely didn’t fail to do that tonight.” “It was exciting,” Houston (Texas) Cy Ridge Top247 2020 defensive end Vernon Broughton said adding the Longhorns stand in his elite group. “Great atmosphere and they played very well.”

Several promising 2021 prospects attended the rout of the Trojans as well. “Today at Texas, it was absolutely electrifying!” the nation’s No. 6 cornerback Latrell McCutchin from Austin (Texas) LBJ said. “It was loud, and exciting. I can tell the crowd was really into the game and the fan base there is just amazing. I think they’re a top-notch school” Stay tuned for more reaction from Austin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Texas took apart No. 22 USC 37-14 on Saturday night in Austin, an opportunistic win regarding the future of the program as the Longhorns played in front of a terrific group of prospects. And those recruits got caught up in the atmosphere of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. “Best I ever been too,” linebacker commit Marcus Tillman said. The Orlando (Fla.) Jones standout is part of a class the industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks No. 12 nationally, good for No. 2 in the Big 12. “No. 1 on my list. A plus.” Tillman believes more commitments to come too. “Me and Gabe (De’Gabriel Floyd) talking to two trying to commit so we probably made their mind up for them,” Tillman said. “We’ll see either tonight or tomorrow.”

Tom Herman and his staff are hosting the nation’s No. 1 running back Trey Sanders and the nation’s No. 1 athlete in receiver target Bru McCoy on official visits, along with Top247 receiver Marcus Washington and Top247 running back Derrian Brown. The Longhorns are looking to make a move with Sanders and McCoy this weekend while I could easily see Washington and Brown in the class.

There were some priority 2019 targets on campus for unofficial as well. “Everyone around is buzzed about it,” Top247 receiver Jaylen Ellis said. “I see nothing on my phone and around me but Texas and how the team is looking.” Many of Texas’s 2019 commits returned.

There were a lot of big-named 2020 targets in Austin. “It was live from beginning to end,” the country’s No. 6 safety Darius Snow from Carrollton (Texas) Hebron said. “Period. The secondary play was excellent, and that’s what probably stood out the most to me. All in all, like I’ve said before, every time I come down here they make me like them even more and they definitely didn’t fail to do that tonight.” “It was exciting,” Houston (Texas) Cy Ridge Top247 2020 defensive end Vernon Broughton said adding the Longhorns stand in his elite group. “Great atmosphere and they played very well.”

Several promising 2021 prospects attended the rout of the Trojans as well. “Today at Texas, it was absolutely electrifying!” the nation’s No. 6 cornerback Latrell McCutchin from Austin (Texas) LBJ said. “It was loud, and exciting. I can tell the crowd was really into the game and the fan base there is just amazing. I think they’re a top-notch school” Stay tuned for more reaction from Austin.

Trey Sanders had to enjoy what he saw from our running game. Can you imagine how much better it could have been had Ingram played?

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't help but think one of the two Tillman was talking bout was Bru. Having the Cali connection with Floyd I'm sure they were around each other a lot. 

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's huge win over USC

Texas took down USC in an imperative game for recruiting. Here is what prospects had to say about the victory.

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “All I have to say is those West Coast boys aren’t coming back to the south. Hook Em.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Cy Creek (2020) — “I couldn’t watch any because I was playing, but from what I heard, it was a great win. It was a statement win in a big game.”

DE Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge (2020) — “It was a great game and awesome. D-line played well.”

DE Landyn Watson, Hutto (2021) — “Outstanding performance. Minus-6 rushing yards. That’s scary.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “Great win team. Looked good. Can’t wait.”

CB Elias Ricks, Mater Dei (Calif.) (2020) — “Heartbroken yet happy at the same time.”

CB Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall (2020) — “Awesome win. Loved the intensity of the defense! Great fight.”

CB Latrell McCutchin, Austin LBJ (2021) — “I really love the way they overcame all the adversity they faced and came out with the win. Despite all of the penalties and things like that, those guys played an amazing game.”

S Lewis Cine, Trinity Christian Cedar Hill — “I think UT made a huge statement in this game, pinning USC the way they did. I just wish I was there to watch.”

S Chris Thompson, Duncanville (2020) — “I loved the way the team played as a whole. The game was a confidence builder. Texas demolishing USC certainly gave me more assurance in the program.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron (2020) — “Dominance. After that, I can say for sure — as if it wasn’t obvious already — that Texas will be one of my top 10 schools.”

ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson (2020) — "I don't really have much to say about it but good job." 

ATH Ty Jordan, West Mesquite (2020) — “Big win for the program and the state of Texas.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I kind of knew Texas was going to get after it tonight coming from losing to Maryland the first game of the season. These guys have a point to prove and the streaks began. 2-0.”

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's huge win over USC

Hide contents

Texas took down USC in an imperative game for recruiting. Here is what prospects had to say about the victory.

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “All I have to say is those West Coast boys aren’t coming back to the south. Hook Em.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Cy Creek (2020) — “I couldn’t watch any because I was playing, but from what I heard, it was a great win. It was a statement win in a big game.”

DE Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge (2020) — “It was a great game and awesome. D-line played well.”

DE Landyn Watson, Hutto (2021) — “Outstanding performance. Minus-6 rushing yards. That’s scary.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “Great win team. Looked good. Can’t wait.”

CB Elias Ricks, Mater Dei (Calif.) (2020) — “Heartbroken yet happy at the same time.”

CB Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall (2020) — “Awesome win. Loved the intensity of the defense! Great fight.”

CB Latrell McCutchin, Austin LBJ (2021) — “I really love the way they overcame all the adversity they faced and came out with the win. Despite all of the penalties and things like that, those guys played an amazing game.”

S Lewis Cine, Trinity Christian Cedar Hill — “I think UT made a huge statement in this game, pinning USC the way they did. I just wish I was there to watch.”

S Chris Thompson, Duncanville (2020) — “I loved the way the team played as a whole. The game was a confidence builder. Texas demolishing USC certainly gave me more assurance in the program.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron (2020) — “Dominance. After that, I can say for sure — as if it wasn’t obvious already — that Texas will be one of my top 10 schools.”

ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson (2020) — "I don't really have much to say about it but good job." 

ATH Ty Jordan, West Mesquite (2020) — “Big win for the program and the state of Texas.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I kind of knew Texas was going to get after it tonight coming from losing to Maryland the first game of the season. These guys have a point to prove and the streaks began. 2-0.”

Who pissed in Ja'Quinden Jackson's Cheerios?

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm pretty sure Ricks has been USC all the way, so his reaction is understandable. We need USC to monumentally crater this season to have an ice cube's chance in hell with him.

Clay Helton might be the second-worst coach we face all year, so that's not completely out of the question.

• Like 1