Texas recruiting notes 2019

On 10/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

With all respect to this year but cj had to 2 years to prove he could be CJ before he became CJ. Eagles has the tools 

this has a lot to do with how he is utilized. Throwing him (or LJH) sideways waist-high passes is not exactly exploiting his talents optimally  

Just now, utexas8 said:

Anything good for IT’s recruiting scoop today?

I posted the 2020 quotes on that thread.

The 2019 stuff is mostly fluff, other than Caleb Johnson OVing for the Baylor game. They did say this about Garrett Wilson (from Wells):

For Garrett Wilson, the Red River Shootout isn't supposed to be as great as the Ohio State-Michigan battle. But it is and he knows it.

After giving Ingram a shoutout on Twitter, the idea of playing close to home for the hottest program in college football doesn't seem dead in the water. If you ask Wilson, the elite pass-catcher from Lake Travis, he'll say he's solid to the Buckeyes. But behind the scenes, he stays in touch with the current players and commits. So does his family. They still talk to parents of current and future Longhorns.

• Like 6

Just now, Machinator said:

The 2019 stuff is mostly fluff, other than Caleb Johnson OVing for the Baylor game. They did say this about Garrett Wilson (from Wells):

I have been curious how having Card in the fold would effect this. They seem to have a pretty good thing going on at LT this season. 

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If a major selling point for OSU was Texas inability to field a good offense then I understand that and I agree with Wilson in believing in Meyer more than Herman now. 

However that seems to be a pretty easy argument to chip away at.  More Ws and more outbursts like last week and this past month and maybe it gives him something to really consider.

Wonder what his momma wants.    

Just now, Post Oak said:

How many WRs are we taking or is he a DB/Ath

Herman lets the kid pick and lets it sort itself out based on the depth chart.  Look at D'shawn Jamison this year for example.  Maybe he moves back to CB next year?  We'll see.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Apparently we offered back in May.  I don't remember ever talking about this kid.  Considering he was/is not committed to another school - seems strange there would be so little discussion of him.

There was definitely discussion, you just missed them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Apparently we offered back in May.  I don't remember ever talking about this kid.  Considering he was/is not committed to another school - seems strange there would be so little discussion of him.

He was one of the burst of WRs we offered along with Langston Anderson and Jaylen Ellis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

I need to see another visit out of Sanders and McCoy to start feeling optimistic about the two ending up in Austin.

Keep us posted.

I won't feel optimistic until Sanders and McCoy come to my house on signing day with their fax machines and LOIs. Then I won't be sure until they sign their LOIs in my presence with a notary and fax them to UT.

I'm not like all you other sunshine pumpers. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

If a major selling point for OSU was Texas inability to field a good offense then I understand that and I agree with Wilson in believing in Meyer more than Herman now. 

However that seems to be a pretty easy argument to chip away at.  More Ws and more outbursts like last week and this past month and maybe it gives him something to really consider.

Wonder what his momma wants.    

His parents, like most, want what is best for Garrett. But if they had their preference it would be for Garrett to play at Texas. They fully support him playing at OSU but closer is closer. I don't think it happens but Texas is at least giving itself a chance. It also doesn't hurt that Coach Stein brought Texas's offense to LT this season as the new OC. A lot of people have pointed out to Garrett that the success he is having in this offense with Card throwing to him could very well be replicated at the next level. My call: Wilson to OSU.

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Keep us posted.

I won't feel optimistic until Sanders and McCoy come to my house on signing day with their fax machines and LOIs. Then I won't be sure until they sign their LOIs in my presence with a notary and fax them to UT.

I'm not like all you other sunshine pumpers. 

They’re going to have to suit up for the first 5 games next season for me to believe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

His parents, like most, want what is best for Garrett. But if they had their preference it would be for Garrett to play at Texas. They fully support him playing at OSU but closer is closer. I don't think it happens but Texas is at least giving itself a chance. It also doesn't hurt that Coach Stein brought Texas's offense to LT this season as the new OC. A lot of people have pointed out to Garrett that the success he is having in this offense with Card throwing to him could very well be replicated at the next level. My call: Wilson to OSU.

So the opposite of what you predict... Wilson to Texas boys!! Jk man... always appreciate the LT insight.

• Like 4