Texas recruiting notes 2019

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I want to make sure I am clear that I have no idea where they're headed with some of this stuff. I don't know if Powell cancels out Anderson or if they're both takes or what.

I don't think anyone has a clue what might be happening right now after the winning streak. It's not uncommon for new guys to be interested or old guys to be circling back around, right? I don't even think any of us really know whether the number winds up being 25 or 28. How many grad transfers does this potentially impact? Does the 10/15 list cause new targets to be added to the depth chart on the 85 man roster by next semester? Lot of moving parts.

Seems like the Powell effort is full on. I'd like to hear more about where they're headed on the OL front. Are the OSU commits front and center? Who else is on the radar there? This is the fun kind of chaos. 

thx for the background. i checked with a few people and they really like Powell. 

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Think maybe it was you at one time said Brian Williams never runs the 40 at camps?  Man, nothing about his #'s scream elite.  And aggy wonders why his ranking dropped.  I notice his composite is now below 98.

Yeah. He’s also topped out athletically — he’s had trainers and personal coaches for years. 

He’s a good football player who was vastly overrated because he lacks elite (or even above average) athleticism, for a P5 DB. Good football IQ — Low floor, low ceiling.  All this without getting into the mental/attitude side of the house. 

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Brennan Eagles, good lord

Yup!  He’s the recruit with maybe the most potential if he can develop him from the 2018 class.  Dude has Dez Bryant like speed and size.  Remember when all the elite recruits were struggling with their 40s at the Houston regional opening bc of weather and Eagles ripped off a crazy good time.  He dominated that camp.  Clemson wanted him bad and they know a thing or two about elite WRs.

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'd like to hear more about where they're headed on the OL front. Are the OSU commits front and center?

Which OSU commits are you talking about?  I like the frames on the Wilson (from Argyle) and the kid from New Mexico.  Not so much the OSU commit from Katy High.  I like the idea of the TCU commit, too (Coker).

It will be interesting to see who, if anyone, shows out with senior year tape like Christian Jones or Sam Cosmi did, though.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

So are we thinking Warren's a B-backer? Same role as Ossai? 

Probably.  His frame (I feel creepy talking about all these teenagers' frames) looks pretty similar to K'Lavon Chaisson's, which is basically the prototype for what Orlando wants at BLB.

35 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yeah. He’s also topped out athletically — he’s had trainers and personal coaches for years. 

He’s a good football player who was vastly overrated because he lacks elite (or even above average) athleticism, for a P5 DB. Good football IQ — Low floor, low ceiling.  All this without getting into the mental/attitude side of the house. 

Good stuff...... Interesting comment on "topped out athletically"

Has to be more difficult for Coaches to assess upside of some of these Recruits nowadays with more involvement of trainers & personal coaches.

Coaches have to factor in the level of High School coaching a Recruit gets as well.... for example sometimes kids from a larger program with better coaching like say "Katy" might not have as much upside in College as a kid from a smaller school.

Love it when some of these 2-3 Star kids from the smaller schools transform into Great Players in College.....

https://247sports.com/Player/Colt-McCoy-42562/

https://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Mahomes-21009/

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:
2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is a very good shot that there is more bad new coming for TCU, very soon. 

You just going to drop that on us with no follow up?

Only other guy that seems to be on our radar is Coker.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Only other guy that seems to be on our radar is Coker.

My guess is that its not Coker - and doesn't have anything to do with Texas. The Frogs have 4 guys that are going to be recruited hard by other teams right up until the ink dries and as things are starting to shake out all 4 of them are going to be moving up the other boards. 

Brown and Foster for sure. Likely Barlow and Coker will get A LOT of attention as well. 

Edited by golfclap

I offer what I can offer. Not trying to be mysterious. But no. Not Coker. 

Well, I'll be interested to see what developed.

My other guess would be wondering how Brannon Brown has developed over the past 12 months and what his Sr film looks like.  He looks like the kind of kid who could turn into a Kerstetter-type prospect from his relatively doughy junior year to his senior campaign.  I could see him as a potentially valuable C prospect, and heavens knows we need that badly this cycle.

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is a very good shot that there is more bad new coming for TCU, very soon. 

Coker?

edit:  just saw your 2nd post.  Maybe that WR (Kennedy?).  He apparently killed it at our camp.

Edited by victory88

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You can’t offer a more precise time frame?

I said "very soon". How *very* soon is now?</the smiths> 

Not trying to fuck with you guys. If nothing materializes this weekend, the fluidity of recruiting means the info was wrong or shifted away. That's about as good as I can get. 

• Like 2

I said "very soon". How *very* soon is now?</the smiths> 

Not trying to fuck with you guys. If nothing materializes this weekend, the fluidity of recruiting means the info was wrong or shifted away. That's about as good as I can get. 

Don't fret, our resident radiologist will be on here telling you how full of shit you are either way.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1