Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

He may tell himself and others that he is helping kids in a spirit of charity, but one can’t escape noticing that he seems focused on helping not the marginal 3* guys in danger of failing to land a scholarship but rather blue chip guys who have a higher possibility of inspiring ‘gratitude’ from boosters and of becoming paying NFL clients.

Uh, he brings them along to Texas with Demas and Shepherd.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite poems: 

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Footwork King. I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Footwork King about it.

"Footwork King, you said once I decided to follow you, You'd improve my 3 cone time and get me an offer from ATM. But I noticed that when my Footwork was the worst, there was only one set of footprints in the sand. I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, when you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I drove you to the campus of the college that paid me the most money for a visit. Now tweet that you are reopening your commitment and lets go to Georgia, I don’t have all fucking day” 

An all-timer post. Well done.  

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Accidentally ended up on Page 1 of this thread when I signed in and it felt like it was "Live Today"..... lmao

On page 1 Surly folks were talking about Garrett Wilson..... 🤘

Aw man, with shaggy now a complete trash fire we can't really do those looks at the past we used to. That was fun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Yep. 

Not to beat a dead fucking horse, and this thread has again turned to a festering fuckhole because non-recruiting board assholes come rambling over after a couple of big wins and spew a bunch of bullshit when they know nothing. FWK is very good at what he does and has trained a couple of kids that I semi-know from baseball and their siblings. None of whom are 5* athletes (or even 3*) but some of whom might play some DIII baseball or lacrosse. He is very good at what he does. There are some shitty "trainers" and "coaches"  and guys that are in this for all the wrong reasons and there's a ton of these guys that would be much more worthy of this boards vitriol, and we didn't even get to the street agents and wannabes. There are also guys that are trainers that are pretty good at what they do that are MUCH shadier and there are several of those that are very anti-UT. Of course his motives aren't altruistic, he's got a business to run that relies on these results, but in this world of 7on7 coaches and personal trainers, this dude doesn't even register on list of shady. So STFU and move on to recruiting, which is going really well and there's actual news and information to be found and discussed. 

Its strange but nice to see an actual post with some common sense. Thanks.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Yep. 

Not to beat a dead fucking horse, and this thread has again turned to a festering fuckhole because non-recruiting board assholes come rambling over after a couple of big wins and spew a bunch of bullshit when they know nothing. FWK is very good at what he does and has trained a couple of kids that I semi-know from baseball and their siblings. None of whom are 5* athletes (or even 3*) but some of whom might play some DIII baseball or lacrosse. He is very good at what he does. There are some shitty "trainers" and "coaches"  and guys that are in this for all the wrong reasons and there's a ton of these guys that would be much more worthy of this boards vitriol, and we didn't even get to the street agents and wannabes. There are also guys that are trainers that are pretty good at what they do that are MUCH shadier and there are several of those that are very anti-UT. Of course his motives aren't altruistic, he's got a business to run that relies on these results, but in this world of 7on7 coaches and personal trainers, this dude doesn't even register on list of shady. So STFU and move on to recruiting, which is going really well and there's actual news and information to be found and discussed. 

To be clear, I don't think anyone is accusing him of being Willie Lyles.  I'm more referencing the "be nice to him or else!" plea from EJ.  IF that advice is coming from FWK himself, then I don't think any of the criticism is too harsh.  (If it's just EJ being EJ, then ignore the rest of this.)

Every fanbase is full of idiots online, and I guarantee you can go and find aggy dumbasses spewing the same bullshit when he made trips to Texas.  Ignoring crazies on Twitter is part of the job of becoming a prominent figure in 2018, and picking and choosing which fanbases are "too mean" to him does a disservice to the kids.  He obviously plays an important role in these kids lives, which is commendable, but the line between "well-intentioned adviser" and "sketchy handler" is very, very thin.

Honestly, I think he just needs to cut ties with Hamm.  That relationship will only get him in trouble.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

To be clear, I don't think anyone is accusing him of being Willie Lyles.  I'm more referencing the "be nice to him or else!" plea from EJ.  IF that advice is coming from FWK himself, then I don't think any of the criticism is too harsh.  (If it's just EJ being EJ, then ignore the rest of this.)

Every fanbase is full of idiots online, and I guarantee you can go and find aggy dumbasses spewing the same bullshit when he made trips to Texas.  Ignoring crazies on Twitter is part of the job of becoming a prominent figure in 2018, and picking and choosing which fanbases are "too mean" to him does a disservice to the kids.  He obviously plays an important role in these kids lives, which is commendable, but the line between "well-intentioned adviser" and "sketchy handler" is very, very thin.

Honestly, I think he just needs to cut ties with Hamm.  That relationship will only get him in trouble.

Yeah, this is my issue. Don’t fucking threaten a school or fan base with the direction you’ll push recruits, especially because what they’re saying on Twitter or a BBS is hurting you sensitive feelings. Anyone that can’t be above doing that is worthy of the ridicule that comes with it.

EJ as a mouthpiece for the trainers and handlers is mindnumbing. He’s a pure shill with a high opinion of himself and those using him and a low opinion of his audience, which is basically more experienced in watching football and recruiting than his dumb ass is, and often a hell of a lot smarter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

To be clear, I don't think anyone is accusing him of being Willie Lyles.  I'm more referencing the "be nice to him or else!" plea from EJ.  IF that advice is coming from FWK himself, then I don't think any of the criticism is too harsh.

EJ is an idiot. The tone of that whole plea was covered in his own panic and the panic is real because EJ's only sources are the trainers. I would imagine his vociferousness is an attempt to show not only FWK but the other guys that he "has their back". Again, he's an idiot. 

Agreed on Hamm, big time. esp. in his current death spiral. He really has nothing to lose and has terrible judgement at the best of times, now in the worst of times? 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wake me up when there's some good old fashioned mom-fucking going on. 

giphy.gif

Looks like we have 11 commits in the updated ESPN 300, 6 of whom are in the top 100:

16) Tyler Johnson
39) Jordan Whittington
57) De'Gabriel Floyd
75) Jake Smith
86) Roschon Johnson
89) Kenyatta Watson
193) Derrian Brown
200) David Gbenda
247) Marcus Tillman
260) Demariyon Houston
287) Brayden Liebrock

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Looks like we have 11 commits in the updated ESPN 300, 6 of whom are in the top 100:

16) Tyler Johnson
39) Jordan Whittington
57) De'Gabriel Floyd
75) Jake Smith
86) Roschon Johnson
89) Kenyatta Watson
193) Derrian Brown
200) David Gbenda
247) Marcus Tillman
260) Demariyon Houston
287) Brayden Liebrock

Do you know if this has changed much?

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

EJ as a mouthpiece for the trainers and handlers is mindnumbing. He’s a pure shill with a high opinion of himself and those using him and a low opinion of his audience, which is basically more experienced in watching football and recruiting than his dumb ass is, and often a hell of a lot smarter. 

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's mostly a clueless attention whore, like many people his age. I just understand where his information comes from and weight it accordingly in my own mind.

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's mostly a clueless attention whore, like many people his age. I just understand where his information comes from and weight it accordingly in my own mind.

I don't think the 50-100 folks religiously things on this board are of my concern with regard Holland. That said, and I dig you as a poster, the concept of you as the rational, coolheaded poster who's weighing and measuring things like a robot is pretty funny. That would be like Machinator claiming he has a sense of humor or me saying that I'm super humble.

• Like 3

For posterity, here are the ESPN 300 rankings for players of interest as of right now:

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux

3. Kenyon Green

15. Garrett Wilson

16. Tyler Johnson

17. Spencer Rattler

18. Trey Sanders

22. Theo Wease

26. Kardell Thomas

29. Brian Williams

31. Lewis Cine

32. Bru McCoy

37. Jeffery Carter

39. Jordan Whittington

40. Faatui Tuitele

44. Austin Stogner

57. De'Gabriel Floyd

64. DeMarvin Leal

68. Noah Cain

75. Jake Smith

81. Christian Harris

85. Erick Young

86. Roschon Johnson

89. Kenyatta Watson

90. Isaiah Spiller

91. Marquez Beason

92. Arjei Henderson

95. Baylor Cupp

97. Marcel Brooks

98. Chris Steele

103. Makiya Tongue

106. Rian Davis

118. Maninoa Tufono

120. Dylan Wright

124. Kam Brown

131. Joseph Wete

136. Demani Richardson

149. Shammond Cooper

150. Elijah Higgins

151. Branson Bragg

160. Nana Osafo-Mensah

165. Braedon Mowry

171. Marcus Washington

183. Deondrick Glass

188. Trejan Bridges

189. EJ Ndoma-Ogar

193. Derrian Brown

200. David Gbenda

217. Chase Lane

222. Jalen Catalon

237. Peyton Powell

247. Marcus Tillman

252. Marcus Major

260. Demariyon Houston

263. Noa Pola-Gates

272. Marcus Hicks

277. Josh Ellison

287. Brayden Liebrock

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What do I need to become a trainer? Some cones, ropes, and tennis balls? A cool name and that’s it?

A nice car.  To be a father figure and altruistically take kids places.  Also, only try to help.  That's key.  As long as you don't need to do it.

DeuKz5jUEAAItp_.jpg

70ae48f27b5ad57096000fa202cfe8f8.jpg

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think the 50-100 folks religiously things on this board are of my concern with regard Holland. That said, and I dig you as a poster, the concept of you as the rational, coolheaded poster who's weighing and measuring things like a robot is pretty funny. That would be like Machinator claiming he has a sense of humor or me saying that I'm super humble.

I'm pretty analytical about the stuff, I just prefer to express myself via ridicule. After all, dissecting numbers isn't nearly as much fun as watching someone like Taylor Hamm slowly (or not so slowly) lose everything he owns, including his tenuous grip on reality, before our very eyes. With screenshots to memorialize it.

30 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And that he’s actively competing with Hamm for access/info from FWK. Who can kiss the most ass?

To be fair it’s the middle of the season so NFL players aren’t flying to Houston for training right now.
From what I’ve seen most of his professional athletes (not including Aggy commits) train during spring and summer before they report to camp. 
The guy is a legit trainer and is good at what he does.

Trainer suck up.

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

A nice car.  To be a father figure and altruistically take kids places.  Also, only try to help.  That's key.  As long as you don't need to do it.

DeuKz5jUEAAItp_.jpg

70ae48f27b5ad57096000fa202cfe8f8.jpg

Fuck, my basic F150 isn’t gonna cut it. The wife has the nice car. Gonna have to borrow it for the “visits”. Awkward. 

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

For posterity, here are the ESPN 300 rankings for players of interest as of right now:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux

3. Kenyon Green

15. Garrett Wilson

16. Tyler Johnson

17. Spencer Rattler

18. Trey Sanders

22. Theo Wease

26. Kardell Thomas

29. Brian Williams

31. Lewis Cine

32. Bru McCoy

37. Jeffery Carter

39. Jordan Whittington

40. Faatui Tuitele

44. Austin Stogner

57. De'Gabriel Floyd

64. DeMarvin Leal

68. Noah Cain

75. Jake Smith

81. Christian Harris

85. Erick Young

86. Roschon Johnson

89. Kenyatta Watson

90. Isaiah Spiller

91. Marquez Beason

92. Arjei Henderson

95. Baylor Cupp

97. Marcel Brooks

98. Chris Steele

103. Makiya Tongue

106. Rian Davis

118. Maninoa Tufono

120. Dylan Wright

124. Kam Brown

131. Joseph Wete

136. Demani Richardson

149. Shammond Cooper

150. Elijah Higgins

151. Branson Bragg

160. Nana Osafo-Mensah

165. Braedon Mowry

171. Marcus Washington

183. Deondrick Glass

188. Trejan Bridges

189. EJ Ndoma-Ogar

193. Derrian Brown

200. David Gbenda

217. Chase Lane

222. Jalen Catalon

237. Peyton Powell

247. Marcus Tillman

252. Marcus Major

260. Demariyon Houston

263. Noa Pola-Gates

272. Marcus Hicks

277. Josh Ellison

287. Brayden Liebrock

Noticed Marcus Stripling dropped out of the 300.  Owens is #41 in-state now, don't think he was top 100 before.

If you're going to have a single person with the lion's share of the influence over a kid's decision, and it isn't going to be the HS coach, I'd rather have it be one of these ubiquitous trainers than some uncle or step brother who will be back to the shadows after that one kid is signed.  If you've had a kid go through the college application process just for academics, you know it can border on overwhelming trying to organize and prioritize all the information.  And that's without 10 people calling your son every day about it.  The vacuum in some of these prospects' lives is going to be filled somehow, so it might as well be by a publicly very visible entity.

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Like 1