Texas recruiting notes 2019

Yup,  between Rising, Thompson, Johnson, and Card ... our QB room will finally look like one of a blue blood program.  That’s some seriously good competition.  I love it.  We have a combination of good passers who are decently athletic ( Rising and Card) and great athletes that are raw passers (Thompson and RoJo).  The best part is that they can sit back, learn this offense, and hit the weight room while Sam starts.

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yup,  between Rising, Thompson, Johnson, and Card ... our QB room will finally look like one of a blue blood program.  That’s some seriously good competition.  I love it.  We have a combination of good passers who are decently athletic ( Rising and Card) and great athletes that are raw passers (Thompson and RoJo).  The best part is that they can sit back, learn this offense, and hit the weight room while Sam starts.

uhhhh, i think Card is the best athlete of all of them. Kid is electric.

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Then why even bother with the dumpster fire that is Razorback football? Just go as a baseball recruit, hit dingers and slay some college tail. 

Aren't a lot of College Baseball Schollys only partial and the number of Baseball Schollys are much more limited?? 

I'm sure a Baseball Coach that adds a great player to his roster without having to provide a scholly can live with that.....

36 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Frankly, with the development we've seen from Sam in just one year, both as a passer and as a decision-maker, I think the hype that Herman is a QB whisperer may totally be true.  Unleashing him on Rising/Thompson/Roschon/Card?  Could be some cheat code shit.

bruh  tim beck is responsible for ehlingers progress beck is a phenomenal qb coach

Edited by Carl Winslow

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I highly doubt 95% of those "offers" are even committable. He's not a very good player for his size against the likes of City View and Iowa Park (2 small schools I saw him play against, and Rider and WF hs just made him look pedestrian) Rider has good players. I questioned when he committed to FSU, and then mysteriously dexommitted. I think it had to do with them saying he was being looked at, and committed, and they had to break it down that it wasn't a committable offer. I bet he ends up at either Tech or a low FBS school. 

Dude I know very little about this kid but I know you are full of shit because Hirschi did not play any of these teams. I don’t even think they scrimmaged any of these teams.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, satyanash said:

[noCR]Didn't the KKK used to hold a bunch of rallies there? Vidor has struggled with racism for a looooong time.[/noCR]

The Wikipedia article is just brutal... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidor,_Texas

"What makes your town special?"

"Well we had logging and trains for a while, then the Klan made sure there were no black people allowed after sunset, and now, in our new era of racial equality, our 0.1% African-American population is easily explained by a rounding error!"

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Kenyon Jackson is a tall dude. Is it certain that Wolfe is the aggy commit that reached out to us? Wouldn't mind stealing a Collin Johnson starter kit.

Wolfe is a good player but a fucking head case with a lower maturity level than my three year old. Id put money down he'll end up somewhere like A&M Commerce. 

32 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Kenyon Jackson is a tall dude. Is it certain that Wolfe is the aggy commit that reached out to us? Wouldn't mind stealing a Collin Johnson starter kit.

He looks like a slower version of Collin Johnson

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

i know, i know, surprising right? i dont know if he is the best QB right now, but i am confident he is the best athlete of the group. 

I don’t know man.  RoJo is electric with the ball in his hands when he runs.  But it’s good to have all these QBs that can run.

23 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Rising stays at qb no matter what; everyone else could, in theory, play other skill positions.

Just look at what UH did. Started King at WR while Ward was a SR QB. They are doing the same thing with Bryson Smith, who is the heir apparent after King graduates.