Texas recruiting notes 2019

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is specifically who I was referencing. 

Now that the news is out, a couple of other thoughts to add here:

1) His cousin is the QB at Melissa and he's a 2020 guy. He could be QB2 in the 2020 class for Texas. He's good, he'd be developmental, and he's a practical choice.

2) They'd take Lewis, Washington and Powell, still. Powell could play multiple positions, so he's not necessarily a WR. 

3) None of this would impact the recruitment or offer to Bru McCoy.

4) If Texas keeps winning, there could be some last minute feeding frenzy issues that impact numbers, so some of the WR calculations are probably fungible. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

They see Powell as similar to BJ Foster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is specifically who I was referencing. 

Now that the news is out, a couple of other thoughts to add here:

1) His cousin is the QB at Melissa and he's a 2020 guy. He could be QB2 in the 2020 class for Texas. He's good, he'd be developmental, and he's a practical choice.

2) They'd take Lewis, Washington and Powell, still. Powell could play multiple positions, so he's not necessarily a WR. 

3) None of this would impact the recruitment or offer to Bru McCoy.

4) If Texas keeps winning, there could be some last minute feeding frenzy issues that impact numbers, so some of the WR calculations are probably fungible. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

‘Member when the malikmas-era recruitniks loathed your takes because you weren’t charging them $9.95? I ‘member

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Melissa?

the tiny town I used to have to drive to to buy beer?

people live there?

Fuck Melissa.  Those Lowland Park motherfuckers.  Fuck them all.  

Actually, I have a lot of friends in Melissa.  Good coaching staff.  Some good people.  Football team is good, even though they lost to Paris.  They are in one of the top districts in the state:  Paris, Celina, Melissa, Argyle.  I'll see the QB and WR personally again soon.

13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Catalon fong'd to Aggy Chad

While some have speculated that his injury is going to make him think about being a two sport athlete in college, most felt like football would be the only one but if he's choosing baseball, or thinks he might later down the road only play baseball ... Arkansas has incredible facilities, a good team, and he'd fill a need spot with less in front of him on the roster. 

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

this is an example of the staff betting on itself that it can take raw long fast athletes and develop them instead of a more finished, higher floor, lower ceiling player.

Do we know that the staff doesn't want Catalon?

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Whether true or not, Urban & tOSU seem to have a vendetta towards Hermanator..... when the two meet in a football game in the future, It may be quite an epic contest.....

giphy.gif

If texas wins out. The playoff committee will move heaven and earth to pair us with tOSU. 

That would be a yuge storyline. Yuuuuge

Re: Catalon playing baseball at Arkansas.  He's been to Arkansas twice, and both times Dave Van Horn has been in town hosting other recruits and did not meet with Catalon.  I've always heard he wasn't a high level D1 baseball recruit.

He took a photo in a baseball uniform this past weekend, but doesn't appear to be a baseball priority at all.

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Then why even bother with the dumpster fire that is Razorback football? Just go as a baseball recruit, hit dingers and slay some college tail. 

Kids want to play, and playing in the SEC, even at a dumpster fire is better than what most other schools can offer. Catalon wouldn't sniff the field here, outside of injury and/or STs, until his junior year. That's if the 2020 kids didn't beat him out.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Kids want to play, and playing in the SEC, even at a dumpster fire is better than what most other schools can offer. Catalon wouldn't sniff the field here, outside of injury and/or STs, until his junior year. That's if the 2020 kids didn't beat him out.

I kind of love the fact that we don't know jack shit about what is going on.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He'd be a really good nickelback, and all we have there next year is one junior, a guy who played WR this year and... that's it. This all feels a bit spoiled milk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He'd be a really good nickelback, and all we have there next year is one junior, a guy who played WR this year and... that's it. This all feels a bit spoiled milk.

We currently have a safety playing NB, that is routinely seen trying to tackle slot receivers from behind after 20+ yard gains.

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We currently have a safety playing NB, that is routinely seen trying to tackle slot receivers from behind after 20+ yard gains.

Are you paying attention to any of the things you’re saying?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it’s true that the staff will let Powell start at qb, he’s not exactly a like for like replacement for losing out on catalon.  

Well, they're about equal as QB prospects 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Then why even bother with the dumpster fire that is Razorback football? Just go as a baseball recruit, hit dingers and slay some college tail. 

This will easily be Morris' least talented roster. Arkansas has one of the top WR classes in the country committed and just got the #1 TE. It's not like they're going to be this bad forever.

Have a borderline top 10 class on Rivals right now, will likely be Arkansas' best recruiting class since rankings started.

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Melissa?
the tiny town I used to have to drive to to buy beer?
people live there?

Just like everything else North of DFW, it's growing by the day..(I assume, haven't been near Melissa in many years)

Pretty sure Bill Bates used to have his pep rallies on his ranch up there back in the day.