Texas recruiting notes 2019

3 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

For real. We all knew Jimbo was gonna recruit his ass off. He has too. Just like Herman did remember last summer. It'll all end up okay in the wash. 

Jimbo probably already blowing his load too early he already has had one commitment last less than a month. 

We knew this year would be hyper competitive in recruiting. We'll win some, we'll lose some. It's still early, Leal's post visit high might wear off, and we should know better than to count out this staff's recruiting efforts. 

Nahlin on Kenyon Green:

Just talked to his father after the Atascosita o-lineman received his Under Armour invite.

Henry Green reiterated his son is not in a hurry to commit anywhere soon. He’s going to take as many visits as he can and then decide but it won’t be before the season.

This is consistent with what his father has said previously so keep this in mind if someone says they have the look of committing soon.

I don’t know where he’ll end up, but I do believe the family is sincere in not being close to a decision.

As of this time there are no visits planned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Any word on his last OV or is that still up in the air 

Cancelled Louisville. We're supposed to get one of his last 2 OVs and maybe an unofficial 

"Steele has yet to visit Texas, but he is planning on making it to campus soon. He has official visits set to LSU and Oklahoma over the next two weeks and hopes to make an unofficial visit to UT after that. He is also aiming to make his official visit to Texas at some point in the summer." EJ

Mike Roach: Observations from Under Armour Houston

—Marcus Banks was fluid in his movements and showed some of the best coverage ability at the camp. Banks was light on his feet and showed fluid hips to go along with good quickness. Banks has good length, and he was able to hang with every receiver he faced. Banks is probably the best corner in the state in terms of pure coverage ability.

—Katy Cinco Ranch linebacker David Gbenda didn’t work out much due to a broken hand. Gbenda looks well put together, and he was fluid in the non-contact drills that took place before the competition portions of the camp.

—Baton Rouge (La.) Southern Lab offensive lineman Kardell Thomas was absolutely dominant in one-on-one portions. Thomas showed great quickness and aggression as he suplexed one defensive lineman after another. Thomas is a massive interior prospect with strong quickness and intensity. Thomas is a great competitor who takes every rep seriously.

—Kentwood (La.) Trey Palmer showed great explosion and fluidity from the receiver position. He should work on adding weight to his smaller frame, but Palmer is an ideal slot receiver at the next level. Palmer didn’t do much during the camp because the quarterback play was subpar, but he showed some electric ability in his movement.

—Atascocita offensive lineman Kenyon Green showed up late to the camp, but he handled himself well in the competition portion of camp. Green has the quickness and arm length to play tackle, but his ultimate upside is probably at guard, where he can bully interior prospects with his size and quickness.

—Austin Bowie wide receiver Elijah Higgins earned an offer to the Under Armour All-American game following the camp. Higgins showed he could move his large frame well to make plays from the outside. Higgins also showed strong hands and great fundamental catching ability, and he proved that he’s not a guy who should be pigeon-holed as a tight end.

— Four-star 2020 New Caney defensive back Dwight McGlothern earned an invitation to the Future 50 camp. McGlothern has great length, and he moves his frame well. McGlothern played both cornerback and safety during the competition portion. Though he may ultimately be a safety at the next level, McGlothern showed some natural ability from the cornerback position.

— Five-star 2020 North Shore RB Zachary Evans didn’t work out during today’s camp. He measured in at 5-foot-11, 206 pounds, and he was named as one of the underclassmen selected for the Under Armour All-American game.

I would think billfromlaketravis or longhorn94 would have more insight on the Wilson recruitment than either EJ (especially EJ...douche lord was convinced Leal wasn't visiting Aggy in the first place) or Roach. As soon as they start changing their tone I'll be a little worried. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I would think billfromlaketravis or longhorn94 would have more insight on the Wilson recruitment than either EJ or Roach. As soon as they start changing their tone I'll be a little worried. 

I don't think we'll know a thing until after Wilson's official visit to Texas.

You can say the same thing about Leal. 

After you follow recruiting every year, do you even look to see what happens on the football fields with these irreplaceable guys? These are #1 DT prospects in Texas. How many after everything said and done were irreplaceable? Yes, you want to grab as many of the top guys as possible because a higher % of them will be studs, but on an individual basis as prospects, none of them are irreplaceable. That being said, we probably still have a good shot at Leal and hopefully he comes and becomes a stud.
2015 Daylon Mack - aggy
2014 DeShawn Washington - aggy
2013 Justin Manning - aggy
2012 Mario Edwards - FSU
2011 Desmond Jackson - Texas
2010 Ashton Dorsey - Texas
2009 Jamarkus McFarland - OU
2008 Jarvis Humphrey - Texas
2007 Andre Jones - Texas
2006 Brandon Antwine - Florida
2005 Demarcus Granger - OU

Well, when you put it like that, Leal is a DO NOT WANT.

Nah, jk...still want him, but it is nice to have perspective. And no, the $9.95ers haven't gotten any better at evals over the years, I'll leave that sort of things to guys who's career depends on getting it right, the actual coaches.

1 minute ago, ousux said:

I'll leave that sort of things to guys who's career depends on getting it right, the actual coaches

The coaches have made Leal a top priority, so I think the 9.95ers and Texas staff are pretty aligned on "want" in this particular recruitment.

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Well, when you put it like that, Leal is a DO NOT WANT.

Nah, jk...still want him, but it is nice to have perspective. And no, the $9.95ers haven't gotten any better at evals over the years, I'll leave that sort of things to guys who's career depends on getting it right, the actual coaches.

Well he is the number 1 guy on our board, so there you have it...

I think it was to be expected that both ATM and BlowU would gain some steam this weekend with their spring games, especially with Jimbo pushing for early commitmens. I think it will be important to regain momentum with the key targets asap (if I was us I'd schedule my spring game next week or something like that :ph34r:)

Obviously wasn't the weekend we were looking for, but we will push back again soon. Need the key targets on campus and then everything will be fine in the end 

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I would think billfromlaketravis or longhorn94 would have more insight on the Wilson recruitment than either EJ or Roach. As soon as they start changing their tone I'll be a little worried. 

I don't think we'll know a thing until after Wilson's official visit to Texas.

You can say the same thing about Leal. 

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, satyanash said:
Apparently an IT poster knows the father of one of Leal's teammates at Judson. This is what he had to say
image.png

Can't read that shit on my tablet, cliffs notes Plz?

Leal's recruitment is not over yet, Texas still his dream school - Advantage aggy

E.J. Holland on Garrett Wilson

"It was hard for me to change my CB on Wilson since I've had it in for so long. But I heard Ohio State knocked it out of the park this weekend and now has an overwhelming edge. He is still going to make his official visit to Texas next weekend, and I'm told the Longhorns are going to roll out the burnt orange carpet. But right now, the Longhorns are playing catch up. It's going to take a perfect visit for UT to get Wilson."

Both Nahlin and Wells are saying "It's not over." The expectation seems to be that Leal will commit to A&M sometime today.

Wells also said Texas will try to move up Leal's upcoming OV.

Thank God. The $9.95ers have been nails in this recruitment so I feel much better now.

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

"It was hard for me to change my CB on Wilson since I've had it in for so long. But I heard Ohio State knocked it out of the park this weekend and now has an overwhelming edge. He is still going to make his official visit to Texas next weekend, and I'm told the Longhorns are going to roll out the burnt orange carpet. But right now, the Longhorns are playing catch up. It's going to take a perfect visit for UT to get Wilson."

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

ClearMediocreBeaver-size_restricted.gif