The Courage Boys back up to the top

Posted by
u/peet2

yup
16 hours ago

December ratings 4U

renderTimingPixel.png

Merry Christmas.

This will be quick, and the last of the year. No idea if this will continue into 2021 as I think the original point to this has repeatedly been made.

What you’re looking at are the final monthly ratings, December, and the weeks you’re listening (suffering?) through now are considered “Holiday” and not generally considered (unless you’re a station that flipped to holiday music). This window covered here is November 5 - December 2, which was Cowboys and the NBA draft.

Now, the Prime Rib:

• With December, this quarter (Oct-Nov-Dec) is the Ticket’s best of the year. For this quarter every weekly daypart Men 25-54 the Ticket is #1 in the market.

• December was up from November, but not as high as October. For the month every weekly daypart (M25-54) the Ticket is #1 in the market. #1 M-S 6am-mid, #1 M-F 6-mid and #2 M-F 6a-7p (KLNO was #1)

• Due to a combination of a Nielsen rule about subscriptions and the fact ESPN is no longer a part of our group, that station's numbers will no longer be part of this update.

M25-54 / 6a-7p / July -> Aug -> Sept -> Oct -> Nov -> Dec

• Ticket: 5.2/#5 -> 5.7 #5 -> 5.5 #5 -> 9.2 #1 -> 6.9 #2 -> 8.1 #2

• Fan: 4.3#7 -> 4.5 #8 -> 4.7 #8 -> 5.3 #6 -> 5.5 #3

M25-54 (December)

• 6-10a: Ticket 8.3 #2 / Fan 54.7 #5

• 10a-Noon: Ticket 7.4 #2 / Fan 5.6 #5

• Noon-3p: Ticket 6.8 #2 / Fan 6.3 #3

• 3-7p: Ticket 8.1 #1 / Fan 4.6 #5

Happy Holidays P1's!

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Peter Welpton’s Ticket Pop Up Shop bit was great for the 2nd time.especially the Cat dry dock complaint box, the Normathon doll, and Ticket suicide machine powered by the hatred of the Ticket Reddit forum.

The bob sturm forced chemistry set got me

• Hook 'Em 1

I listened to the hour-long Cowboys post-game show after the Eagles game.  Good stuff.  Been away from the Dallas area for two years plus.  Listened on Alexa, excited to hear Donnie and Elf!  Norm was mentioned, I guess he does occasional work now?   Elf sounded as good as always.  Phone calls from listeners long gone, I guess? 

So, ESPN local is dead now? Those ratings look like the Fan has really taken off and is giving plenty of competition to the Ticket.  How long did ESPN last after Galloway retired?  He was pretty much the station when I was in the Dallas area. 

@orangecat92

Normathon is mañana. All you can stand and then some.

All local programming of ESPN has been discarded. The Ticket picked up some of them.

I still don't listen to the Fan unless there's a game and I happen to be in the vehicle.

Galloway Kenobi? Galloway Kenobi?

First time in a long time.

He retired a few years ago. They never did get any traction. 

I'm going to venture a guess that you're unaware of a departure from the the littlest of tickets about a year ago this time.

Might want to look up what happened with the old gray wolf.

1 hour ago, orangecat92 said:

I listened to the hour-long Cowboys post-game show after the Eagles game.  Good stuff.  Been away from the Dallas area for two years plus.  Listened on Alexa, excited to hear Donnie and Elf!  Norm was mentioned, I guess he does occasional work now?   Elf sounded as good as always.  Phone calls from listeners long gone, I guess? 

So, ESPN local is dead now? Those ratings look like the Fan has really taken off and is giving plenty of competition to the Ticket.  How long did ESPN last after Galloway retired?  He was pretty much the station when I was in the Dallas area. 

Galloway was on WBAP forever. I guess he made his way over to ESPN at the very, very end of his time on the radio. But damn, he's been retired from the FWST for probably close to a decade by now. I love that man -- great, great dude.

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

@orangecat92

Normathon is mañana. All you can stand and then some.

All local programming of ESPN has been discarded. The Ticket picked up some of them.

I still don't listen to the Fan unless there's a game and I happen to be in the vehicle.

Galloway Kenobi? Galloway Kenobi?

First time in a long time.

He retired a few years ago. They never did get any traction. 

I'm going to venture a guess that you're unaware of a departure from the the littlest of tickets about a year ago this time.

Might want to look up what happened with the old gray wolf.

Actually learned about Mike's retirement from reading this thread.  My favorite part was when Mike would occasionally visit his former co-workers and they would give him a hard time about leaving at the exact correct time, just before COVID-19. Btw, I never saw the full-length documentary about Mike.  Would love to see that thing.  Any ideas how to find that? 

7 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Actually learned about Mike's retirement from reading this thread.  My favorite part was when Mike would occasionally visit his former co-workers and they would give him a hard time about leaving at the exact correct time, just before COVID-19. Btw, I never saw the full-length documentary about Mike.  Would love to see that thing.  Any ideas how to find that? 

https://theoldgreywolf.com/

51 minutes ago, futureman said:

are donny and mike going the whole 14 hours?  or are they swapping out the support. 

I believe they have a bet going, but I didn't hear what they decided on or a payoff. Urine was involved.

Edited by RPM

On 12/27/2020 at 8:06 PM, orangecat92 said:

Postgame shows for late afternoon games are only an hour long due to the Ticket broadcasting Westwood One Sunday and Monday night games. During the hour long shows they don't take any calls. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Something about Grubes Sr. calling a bunch of partners into his office whilst listening to a HardLine broadcast, touting how funny you guys were, and your role in it. I know there were very inappropriate drops some partners didn’t really understand. Probably a “that slut that I married....” and some “Hey Mike” Norm drops where he had 68 rubber bags of cocaine in his underwear. Apparently Grubes Sr. went sprawling across his office to shut the audio off. 

You disappointed your father, Larry. 

That's amazing! He always told me lots of people at his firm were P1's, but I guess he still has to worry about office decorum. 😅

• Like 1

I really wish they were podcasting this drydock. If you miss it, you missed it. There's been nothing on the SD app since 12/23. I've been forced to listen to other podcasts all week instead of the daily Ticket segments. That or listen to FOX Sports Radio which is the 7th level of hell. SB Nation was much better and didn't run 20 minutes of promos per hour.

I wish they would ditch the FOX feed and give the 3rd tier overnight shows. I like Mark Elfenbein's schtick. He's a Longhorn to the bone, so he's got that going for him. Yeah, he's corny but he can carry a show and loves doing bits. Plus he's a legacy, ya gotta admit him.

• Hook 'Em 2