If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

9 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not sure we can get Campbell or Patterson.

if gary patterson comes to texas I’ll use a live grenade as a suppository.  there is zero chance that would ever happen.  anyone even suggesting it on the football forum should be institutionalized. 

• Fuck You 1

Posted by

u/peet2

yup

3 hours ago

"November" ratings!

Happy Holidays, everyone!  

While a touch late, here are the ratings info for “November” (which actually covers Oct 8 - November 4. Don’t ask; it’s one of those confusing things none of us really understand).

Suspense abounds - as we in the business fully understand - things can change from month to month.  The previous month of October was very good to the Ticket as was November, just not as much. October was the station's best month of 2020, November the 2nd best.

Again, what you’re reading are month by month ratings and if you learn anything from these posting ratings can fluctuate wildly, especially in this new COVID-listening world, where radio listening overall is so far off from this time last year.

Remember, all of this stuff is statistical mathematics and I tend to rely more on long term trends than single months that stand out as overly inflated or deflated. You certainly celebrate/loathe them when either occur, you just remember all of this more about the whole game not the individual innings, quarters, halves or periods.

Now, dig into the stuffing:

This timeframe picks up just after Dak’s injury, the following poor Cowboys run and Election Day and the stuff that followed after that. You can read how any or all of that played into this as you wish.

The Ticket remains tops of the sports pack for the month, but for the first time I can remember multiple day parts were not. There’s not too much to read into that considering the fluctuations everyone has seen over the course of the year. 

The last month of 2020 ratings, December ended on 12/2 and will be released just before Christmas - after that is “Holiday” (12/3 - 1/6) and due to obvious reasons not generally considered.

M25-54 / 6a-7p / July -> Aug->Sept->Oct->Nov 

Ticket:  5.2/#5 -> 5.7 #5 -> 5.5 #5 -> 9.2 #1 -> 6.9 #2

Fan: 4.3#7 -> 4.5 #8 -> 4.7 #8 -> 5.3 #6 -> 6.4 #3

ESPN: 1.8/#19 -> 2.6 #16 -> 2.1 #18 -> 1.9 #18 -> 1.2 #23 

M25-54 (November) 

6-10a: Ticket 6.6 #3 / Fan 6.8 #2 / ESPN 1.4 #21

10a-Noon: Ticket 6.8 #3 / Fan 7.0 #2 / ESPN 1.2 #24

Noon-3p: Ticket 5.2 #6 / Fan 7.4 #1 / ESPN 0.8 #27

3-7p: Ticket 7.6 #1 / Fan 5.1 #5 / ESPN 1.2 #25

Hope all of you have the best possible holiday, while also making decisions that work for your families. I enjoy communicating this info, hope anyone reading it understands the spirit it is intended and that I am very limited on how much I can share and expand upon it due to various rules and regs. 

Oh, and I’ll be “faeux-Gordo” for the next three weeks (w/ a various mix of show partners) - so if it all goes to shit - blame me. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

What are y’all talking about?  Example?

I’ve definitely come around on him. As an overall host he may be my favorite now. 

Gordo would use it during the "Concert Calendar" segment when they would start playing a sample of whatever artist they were on. If the artist was lame, Gordon would let out a very sarcastic "Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you" like he was annoyed and ready to move on.

Allegedly one of Julie's cats died this morning and they were discussing on BaD Radio. Dan and Jake may or may not have called for a "moment of silence" at the same time and Dan started laughing. Julie then bailed and has not returned to do her Tickers. Read all this in a FB/Ticket Fans group. Any truth to this?

36 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sean is a doucher the level of TC. They both suck. 

Sean is anti-Ticket guy. It’s like he grew up in the ESPN / Fox Sports Radio way of radio broadcasting, and not the irreverent, organic, non-contrived way of The Ticket. He’s ill-fitting at best and an ultra douche at worst. 

He's been with the Ticket since he was an intern at 19. I swear it's amusing how much you guys dislike him yet still tune in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

of course seabass latched on to aggy when they jumped to the sec.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sean is a doucher the level of TC. They both suck. 

Sean is anti-Ticket guy. It’s like he grew up in the ESPN / Fox Sports Radio way of radio broadcasting, and not the irreverent, organic, non-contrived way of The Ticket. He’s ill-fitting at best and an ultra douche at worst. 

I'm with the Doctor on this one. In fact, I bet if you go back to my thread on the other site you'll see I've disliked him forever. Something about him just rubs me wrong.

17 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

And yet he presents himself in a (relatively) overly professional manner and forces contrarian and/or woke ideas. And he’s not funny. He’s anti-Ticket. 

I’ll listen and bitch if I want to mdmost.  You just keep on being amused fuckface. 

just to be clear, one of your issues with him is that he presents himself as a professional?

imagine calling someone who has worked at The Ticket for basically all of his career "anti-Ticket"

there are plenty of reasons to not like him, but hating on him for being professional and having beliefs that don't match up with yours aren't real reasons. also calling a guy who has worked at the ticket since he was 19 "anti-Ticket" is lazy, even for you.