If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, RPM said:

That was my stage name.

When I heard first the commercials on the Ticket, I assumed the Big D in "Big D Wave" stood for Dallas  (and was, of course, also a double entendre).  Then I heard the same commercial listening to Austin's The Horn so, nope, "Big D Wave" does in fact stand for Big Dick Wave.

Edited by mdleast
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, mdleast said:

When I heard first the commercials on the Ticket, I assumed the Big D in "Big D Wave" stood for Dallas  (and was, of course, also a double entendre).  Then I heard the same commercial listening to Austin's The Horn so, nope, "Big D Wave" does in fact stand for Big Dick Wave.

are you me?  was seriously going to post the exact same shit, almost to a word. 

Just listened to the klatt interview from yesterday on the app. Bob is such a pussy. They pushed herman sark to the very end so there was not much time. Klatt basically said it was a great hire and he would have targeted sark above urban. Maybe talked for 90 seconds. To follow up Bob said, and I quote, "awesome"  

Edited by pops

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep, noticed that too. I really just don’t like Bob any more. Not funny, a sports nerd, and now anti UT. I’m out on the Hard Line altogether and it’s Bob’s fault. They need to switch Jake and Bob, and quickly. 

I really like what Jake and Dan have become. I say put Sirois with Corby and let Bob memorize stats from the 1972 pro bowl all day or whatever the hell he does. 

1 minute ago, pops said:

I really like what Jake and Dan have become. I say put Sirois with Corby and let Bob memorize stats from the 1972 pro bowl all day or whatever the hell he does. 

when Norm hangs it up, give Sturm 10 to noon.  solo show.  nobody loves to hear himself talk more than Sturm.  he can fill up 2 hours a day by himself.  he would need a good producer.  somebody to bounce things off of.

would definitely leave Dan and Jake alone.  they got something.

have Bewm in the House join Corby.

obviously, none of this is happening, but that's how i'd do it.  the chemistry just ain't coming with the Hardline. i'm with Beeper.  i listen sparingly to the Hardline now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

How did Bob end up adopting aggy anyways?  Does he got a kid that's going there?

I think he enjoys the cult. Last I heard his oldest got accepted to UT for next year. I dont think he has any in college,  yet. 

18 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

How did Bob end up adopting aggy anyways?  Does he got a kid that's going there?

Pretty sure it's the friend group he and his wife hang with, be it through his church, or neighborhood, or the people he's befriended through the years while in Dallas. Years back, I remember him mentioning on Twitter how he never/rarely runs into Longhorn fans in the neighborhoods he's lived in. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

27 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

when Norm hangs it up, give Sturm 10 to noon.  solo show.  nobody loves to hear himself talk more than Sturm.  he can fill up 2 hours a day by himself.  he would need a good producer.  somebody to bounce things off of.

would definitely leave Dan and Jake alone.  they got something.

have Bewm in the House join Corby.

obviously, none of this is happening, but that's how i'd do it.  the chemistry just ain't coming with the Hardline. i'm with Beeper.  i listen sparingly to the Hardline now.

This is the first armchair PD post that's ever been worth a fuck.

15 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure it's the friend group he and his wife hang with, be it through his church, or neighborhood, or the people he's befriended through the years while in Dallas. Years back, I remember him mentioning on Twitter how he never/rarely runs into Longhorn fans in the neighborhoods he's lived in. 

I doubt he'd would have become a Longhorn fan regardless giving how he doesn't like the front runner fan.  Not that we'd been in the front much.

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i thought Sturm's love of aggy came from former producer Tom Gribble, who is an aggy.  Bob and Dan took trips to B/CS to see aggy games with Tom and do shows from there.  

But beyond that, Sturm takes in at east 1 game in college station every year with his family and friends. I don't think Gribble being an Aggy was much of a factor all.

Anyone else get the feeling that maybe outside of a kirk Cameron movie,  any pop culture reference brought up by corby and Danny, Bob has no clue about it?   He has to hurry and Google it and get a synopsis so he can throw a couple comments in like he knows what they are talking about?

There is a less than zero chance he's seen lock stock or snatch. 

Edited by pops

2 hours ago, Patches said:

Corby having to jump on to interrupt Jake and Dan to profess his love for baker. What a tool.

That was shitty. Jake was rolling and he fucking shit on it because he couldn't help his bitch ass self.  

I'm about to give up my Team Corby flag.  I know it's not and I'm putting myself on the "basic bitch" listener list, but the show feels like it's 50% sucking off former OU qbs (that transferred from other schools).  

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

That was shitty. Jake was rolling and he fucking shit on it because he couldn't help his bitch ass self.  

I'm about to give up my Team Corby flag.  I know it's not and I'm putting myself on the "basic bitch" listener list, but the show feels like it's 50% sucking off former OU qbs (that transferred from other schools).  

Mike didn't give a shit for a long time but at least he would call corby out on his bullshit and corby knew he wasn't the alpha dog in the room. That's gone now because it's become painfully clear to everyone Bob is such a poor fit for the hardline that cobra knows he can do whatever he wants. 

Swinging his dick into the best show on the station was horrible and so corby. He was the best yuckmomkey ever. He blows as the leader of drivetime. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Whoa, I heard Angelo on my drive back from lunch. Are y’all telling me our Touchdown Brothers actually called him up?

Bob did and it was meh like everything else Bob does when he tries to be funny, but Jr called in as Sal and knocked it out of the park. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The guy seemed like a pretty good egg. Did he catch onto the fact that he was being trolled?  Did anyone explain to him that he was the living embodiment of a fake show The Ticket does?

He had to have known Jr was a bit but he played along. I thought he was great. 

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The guy seemed like a pretty good egg. Did he catch onto the fact that he was being trolled?  Did anyone explain to him that he was the living embodiment of a fake show The Ticket does?

He mentioned he was leery at the start of the interview, "but it's all entertainment, right?" Great segment.