If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, futureman said:

summary please sir

I'm probably being overly sensitive but he seemed upset that a bunch of rich fuckers would have the nerve to spend $25M-$40M to make a change from Tom Herman to Steve Sarkisian. He even said why don't they spend that money on tuition or a library or some dumb statement like that. Doesn't seem the name is big enough to make move and we just walloped Colorado in the bowl game. Donovan chimed in that he thought they should stand pat with Herman if you couldn't get a name like Urban.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sounds like Simple got a bunch more simple put in his Christmas stocking.

Thought the same yesterday.  Simple, Unfunny George bashing the TV show Friends for not being funny is about as good as Simple, Unmusical George bash any other musician for not being musical.

Edited by Landomatic

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Junior is an OU homer. But, seemed to be treating us fairly unlike that idiot Hitzges. 

Junior is a fan of a blue-blood football factory, unlike Norm. He knows the money involved and how it works. Coaches make life-altering money to coach at a dozen or so universities in college football. You better win -- and do it early -- or you won't be there very long. After four years, if you're nowhere near a perennial Top 10 program your ass is expendable.

21 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm probably being overly sensitive but he seemed upset that a bunch of rich fuckers would have the nerve to spend $25M-$40M to make a change from Tom Herman to Steve Sarkisian. He even said why don't they spend that money on tuition or a library or some dumb statement like that. Doesn't seem the name is big enough to make move and we just walloped Colorado in the bowl game. Donovan chimed in that he thought they should stand pat with Herman if you couldn't get a name like Urban.

It almost sounded like fake anger just to make a point. He seemed to soft pedal it a bit at the end but you're right in that it made no sense that they both seemed to say that you should only spend that kind of money for a home run hire.  Who is home run?  Urban. Saban. Dabo. That's it. Everyone else is a guess. 

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Like USC?

I'm not sure there's a burning desire to have a top football program there either in the administration, student body or alumni. Southern California/LA gonna Southern California/LA. The Pete Carroll years were terrific. Taking Carroll's years out, USC has five 10-win seasons since 1979. Carroll won 10+ in seven of his nine seasons.

Just now, C-Man said:

I'm not sure there's a burning desire to have a top football program there either in the administration, student body or alumni. Southern California/LA gonna Southern California/LA. The Pete Carroll years were terrific. Taking Carroll's years out, USC has five 10-win seasons since 1979. Carroll won 10+ in seven of his nine seasons.

They were until a certain guy showed up.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

They were until a certain guy showed up.

You're pinning SC's downfall on Sarkisian, who was there for one season plus half of the next? And was battling a bad booze problem? Kiffin gets no blame? Things were starting to trend down in Carroll's last year when the Trojans were 9-4. Remember everybody thought Carroll was getting out of town before the posse showed up?

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.34.32 PM.png

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

He started the avalanche. That's all I'm saying. You could lay ours on Charlie.

I'd argue it started with Mack leaving the cupboard pretty bare. Charlie wasn't good enough to build the program back up. You could probably hand him the reigns at Bama next Tuesday and it would be a train wreck in a couple of years. But Mack left Strong with no QB's on top of the other talent deficiencies.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Julie missed one of her co-hosting days because of the Rona.  that explains it.  she was supposed to fill in for Dan on two shows with Jake.  she did the first day but missed the second day.  makes sense that the Rona was the reason.

I don't think I'd say we "missed" much -- amirite?

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

The only thing worse than the abortion of college football talk this morning was the Luka/Mavs segment. Jfc, they are clueless. Welcome back!

BaD and HL both shit on the musers horrible Mavs/Luka take yesterday, so they come on first thing crying like a couple of triggered snowflakes without actually addressing anything. Just doubling down on bullshit. Amazing.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

BaD and HL both shit on the musers horrible Mavs/Luka take yesterday, so they come on first thing crying like a couple of triggered snowflakes without actually addressing anything. Just doubling down on bullshit. Amazing.

“most sensitive fanbase in america.”

13 hours ago, pops said:

Bob sturm is the most insufferable cunty little bitch on the ticket. I can't believe how much Dan carried him and I'm pissed I skipped noon to 3 for 20 years because I thought they both sucked. 

been trying to tell yall about dan for too long now.  dan is the best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

come on, you gotta provide some context, if only just a little 

More herman stuff.  Bitched about all the layoffs and CDC saying sorry, we have to cut pay or furlough or lay off but no problem getting 25 million to pay off herman and giving 32 million to sark.

Then saying the horns were really really really close to a great season.  Ingram fumble at TCU, had OU on the ropes, had the lead in the 2nd half against Iowa state at went for it on 4th instead of kicking the field goal to tie.  But didn't mention the freak lucky win against tech or the fact this year sums up the entire herman tenure in what could have been.  Donnie did bring up recruiting was taking a hit but norm dismissed it.  Just another norm manufactured rant.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, pops said:

More herman stuff.  Bitched about all the layoffs and CDC saying sorry, we have to cut pay or furlough or lay off but no problem getting 25 million to pay off herman and giving 32 million to sark.

Then saying the horns were really really really close to a great season.  Ingram fumble at TCU, had OU on the ropes, had the lead in the 2nd half against Iowa state at went for it on 4th instead of kicking the field goal to tie.  But didn't mention the freak lucky win against tech or the fact this year sums up the entire herman tenure in what could have been.  Donnie did bring up recruiting was taking a hit but norm dismissed it.  Just another norm manufactured rant.  

thats asinine.  he wins two of those games and he likely still has a job.  not beating tcu is fucking dumb.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s pretty retarded but not more retarded than Bob’s assertion that CDC never wanted to let Herman go because he said so, and it was BMDs that pulled the trigger. 

Sounded like a manufactured anti UT rant because Bob isn’t that dumb. Is he?

I seriously think he is. He's like the really book smart kid that has zero common sense. I think that's why he adopted aggy for some inexplicable reason.