Beto 2020

bad_teammate

51 minutes ago, troph said:

- I think having a Democrat from Texas would be a breath of fresh air for Texas politics.  I don't think Beto wins Texas but I do think he makes Trump pay attention to Texas.  Plus I've met the guy, like his stance on my personal issues - LGBTQ equality - and I've enjoyed doing my part and think it would be nifty to do my part for a candidate that I've met and who would recognize me if I was at the Whataburger late at night.

Obviously a lie because we know Beto has no stances on anything. Bad_teammate told us that. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Good lord this thread is a beating.

I know this is true and partially my fault but the attacks on Beto from the left are quite absurd and (mostly) disingenuous. It’s their guy or nobody. 

Ill try to get this back on track by actually talking about Beto. He’s in state college Pennsylvania this morning, which is a college town. We all agree that the upper Midwest could be trouble for him. Thoughts on a strategy of hitting a ton of college campuses in the next couple of months before the kids leave for the summer? Bernie has been strong with the college kids but Beto seems like the most likely candidate to pick some off.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Obviously a lie because we know Beto has no stances on anything. Bad_teammate told us that. 

He better not. I'm not going to stand for some WHITE MALE going around MANSPLAINING!

Sarcasm aside, obviously Beto has beliefs and stances. The problem isn't that he literally has zero stances, it's that no one can honestly and clearly state what his position on the most important issues actually are with reliability or specificity. In his heart, I'm sure he wants a lot of very good things. I'm sure he loves his family and wants fairness, equality, peace, justice, and a brighter future for America.

That's great. I wish we could replace millions of American men with more Beto O'Rourkes.

But this isn't a primary to figure out who the coolest dad on the cul-de-sac is. It's figuring out who we want to lead a coalition to enact necessary changes in the face of environmental collapse, economic and racial injustice, and declining health.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Very interesting to me that the farthest left of the Democratic Party wants a  candidate to mansplain policies instead of listening to a diverse group of people that he actually meets with face to face. I go to a lot of trainings on cultural proficiency and the first thing that always gets brought up is the importance of listening. This is especially true if you are a white male.

I wish I could write stupid shit this well. It is a masterclass in shitposting.

"You see the thing about running for president is something I learned in my HR ordered sensitivity training at Arby's, which allows me to intelligently opine on many topics such as race..."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I stand by a tweet I read yesterday. Everyone has Warren in their top 3. We all speed up the primaries, put her on the ballot, and avoid the bloody, costly year-long dem civil war. Beto will get a cool job with the administration. Secretary of Shredding the Gnar or VP or something. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I stand by a tweet I read yesterday. Everyone has Warren in their top 3. We all speed up the primaries, put her on the ballot, and avoid the bloody, costly year-long dem civil war. Beto will get a cool job with the administration. Secretary of Shredding the Gnar or VP or something. 

Okay, we can skip ahead to next summer and put up Warren/Beto?

Deal. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wish I could write stupid shit this well. It is a masterclass in shitposting.

"You see the thing about running for president is something I learned in my HR ordered sensitivity training at Arby's, which allows me to intelligently opine on many topics such as race..."

It was intentional shit posting. As I said in another post, I’ll move on.

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Larry Spider is correct. Why just the other day I was going sky diving and the instructor (a white male) tried to mansplain to me how the parachute worked instead of listening to me (a woman of color). You better believe I wrote a strongly worded Yelp review once I got out of the hospital. 

I read this in Peggy Hill's voice.  Who probably would identify as a white Latina based on her espanol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Secretary of Gleaming the Cube

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

That cannot possibly be true, Chuckie.  

Well, sure, there are people like futureman on the recruiting board and the usual suspects here, but I think the fact that you are seemingly a fairly normal poster outside of the 2020 Democratic candidate discussion just makes it more interesting.  It's honestly impressive how devoted you are.

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Beto securing the coveted Suburban Sissy Cuck demographic to go with the Housewife Blasting Herself With A Magnum of Kendall-Jackson In The Checkout Aisle While Flipping Through The Royal Wedding Edition Of People Magazine demographic.

Gonna be tough to beat him if those hold.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lmao

if you can't make your woman look at you like that you're toast.  shit even this gal can get her woman to look at her like that.  what does that say about *YOUR* manhood brah?

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Beto securing the coveted Suburban Sissy Cuck demographic to go with the Housewife Blasting Herself With A Magnum of Kendall-Jackson In The Checkout Aisle While Flipping Through The Royal Wedding Edition Of People Magazine demographic.

Gonna be tough to beat him if those hold.

Nate Silver: In other words, the Democratic base. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

- Beto will dominate the grassroots and fundraising so he's in it until the end.  I think Sanders and Biden are the only other two we can be certain of and I think both of them are not good for the party.  Sanders has an interesting path to the WH so he could be the guy with his appeal to the upper midwest, but I think both have had their chance and so I'm Beto and Warren and I think he's got the better chance to win.

I'm not saying it isn't there, but...

Beto underperformed in rural/exurb and overperformed in urban/suburban.

For some demographic reference, the Midwest and South are both below the national urbanization average. All 3 Blue Wall states are below the average. He'll need to avoid "running up the score" in the cities and having another popular vote win/electoral vote loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not saying it isn't there, but...

Beto underperformed in rural/exurb and overperformed in urban/suburban.

For some demographic reference, the Midwest and South are both below the national urbanization average. All 3 Blue Wall states are below the average. He'll need to avoid "running up the score" in the cities and having another popular vote win/electoral vote loss.

Stunned to say this but thanks for posting. That's some really good data and interesting. As someone whose #1 priority is getting Trump out, this is a bit concerning.

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Stunned to say this but thanks for posting. That's some really good data and interesting. As someone whose #1 priority is getting Trump out, this is a bit concerning.

There isn't a sure thing candidate, and we all need to come to terms with the reality that Trump has a 25+% chance of winning again. We need to be as clear-eyed as possible.

With fundraising and good campaigning, it's nothing Beto couldn't overcome. The problem is... his campaigning wasn't actually all that great.

He has the money to hire the best staff and the ability to generate INSANE levels of free media coverage to push any message.

It's early. We'll learn a lot over the next few months.

He's going to need to start climbing in the polls in the early primary states. The curse of being King Money is that you become a joke if you have more money and lower poll/vote numbers than opponents.

Midwest Trump voters aren't jumping on the Beto buggy.  
The Beto bean flickers (e.g., Bama Chick) and the Beto betas, however, are ALL IN.  He's just like Obama but not black.  Perfection.

Has anyone ever told you how strong and alpha you are?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Midwest Trump voters aren't jumping on the Beto buggy.  
The Beto bean flickers (e.g., Bama Chick) and the Beto betas, however, are ALL IN.  He's just like Obama but not black.  Perfection.

Flipping trump voters isn’t necessarily the endgame required to win the general. People always ignore the factors of getting Trump voters to stay home because they don’t hate the opponent as much and getting voters who say out 2016 to come back and vote Dem.