2019 Athlon top 10 CFB players.

Chad

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/best-college-football-players-2019

Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas

With Ehlinger back under center in 2019, Texas will have a chance to unseat Oklahoma atop the Big 12. In his first full season as the starter in Austin, Ehlinger threw for 3,296 yards and 25 touchdowns to just five picks. Additionally, Ehlinger led the Longhorns by scoring 16 times on the ground and ranked third on the team with 482 rushing yards.

Athlon is showing Sam some love. A certain former SEC QB didn't make the cut.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Trevor > Tua.

Yea I said it. 

Yeah... I’d take Lawrence 110 times out of a 100 over Tua. Tua is very good!  Lawrence is once in a decade type of player.  That guy was making throws as a freshman that some NFL QBs can’t make.

39 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

We should have had 3 players on that list (Moore & Delpit)

Ehhhh.... Moore's recruitment seemed like it was toast as soon as Brohm took a P5 job (especially one driving distance from Louisville), and Delpit was pretty much all LSU - I suppose had Herman been around for the whole '17 cycle he might have pulled off a Caden Sterns kind of move, but it's not all that likely, especially since he went to IMG.

Edited by texifornia

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Trevor > Tua.

Yea I said it. 

Vince Young was good at football. 

Yea I said it. 

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

We should have had 3 players on that list (Moore & Delpit)

Lol. You really are satya 2.0. Delpit is from Louisiana and was all LSU all the way. There’s no we “should have” gotten Delpit.

4 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

And hopefully this strong running game talk continues, avoid injuries and Sam doesn't need to have near as many rushing attempts this season.  Got to keep him healthy. 

He might not “need” to have them, but he’s going to get them regardless of how good the running game is.

7 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

And hopefully this strong running game talk continues, avoid injuries and Sam doesn't need to have near as many rushing attempts this season.  Got to keep him healthy. 

That's not Herman's offense at all. 175 lb Greg Ward had almost 400 carries over his 2 seasons with Herman, most of them power runs into the teeth of the defense. QB health isn't all that important or necessary for Herman's offense to be successful, it's why having a capable backup (Postma at UH, Buechele at UT) is so huge. Sam will go down with an injury again this year, and I'd bet Thompson or Rojo will be more than good enough to hold down the fort till Sam gets back.  

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Vince Young was good at football. 

Yea I said it. 

Lol. You really are satya 2.0. Delpit is from Louisiana and was all LSU all the way. There’s no we “should have” gotten Delpit.

He played at Houston Lamar for a few years in HS. That's a big pipeline school for us. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

He played at Houston Lamar for a few years in HS. That's a big pipeline school for us. 

Yeah I know, but he was born and raised in Louisiana and spent his senior year at IMG. He was more of a Louisiana recruit than a Texas recruit and him going to Lamar for a few years doesn’t make him a miss or a “should have” been at Texas kid.

What would we need to do to establish an IMG-type school prep school academy institution in, say, Austin? Didn't Neon Sanders or someone try one in Big D a few years back - failed due to extreme stupidity and failure to grease the appropriate palms, yeah? Do it right, commence to recrooten HS sophs and juniors and whatnot...