Kansas State @ Texas Series

zlavydra

3 minutes ago, Armypilot said:

So we match Fridays five hit effort, but with no runs.  Lose the series at home to K State.  Sunday starter throws a 129 pitch complete game.  

Needed a sweep and didn’t get it.  Not a lot of good to say about that.

giphy.gif

Just now, Fletch said:

This is the weirdest fucking team. How the hell do we sweep LSU and take 2 of 3 from tech then lay a complete egg like this? 

Turns out LSU wasn’t all that good...they lost a series against Mizzou this weekend. 

Plus they gifted us like 4300 walks that series.  If we are given a ton of free bases we struggle to score.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

This is the weirdest fucking team. How the hell do we sweep LSU and take 2 of 3 from tech then lay a complete egg like this? 

Terrible hitting approaches early in counts.....

On a positive note....

For a Sunday game, only giving up 2 runs was encouraging....... Most teams playing at home would win against a Sunday starter when they need to score only 3 runs to win.

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Because we are a singles hitting team. We need to string together hits or get walks in order to score and sometimes it just doesn't happen.

I mean that is just today. We lost on Friday for different reasons. Obviously it sucks but it was not like any of us who watched the team all season were surprised by how we lost this series.

We are capable of doing things really well as well.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, Cajun said:

Bigger issue is the systemic anemic hitting with this program.

Notice, I didn't say "team", but program.

Shit is beyond old.  

Not looking at you Kody.

Hamilton made tremendous strides last year. DJ steadily improved iirc. Idk what the fuck is going on with Zubia. I guess knocking the shit out of the ball however many times this season only to get I caught on the warning track may be mind fucking him some. Kennedy’s been bringing it lately, same with Ford. It’ll be nice next year having Hamilton back(hopefully), DJ healthy, another offseason for bertelson, Zubia, Kennedy, Ford and Reagan. 

Anyone got any insight on our incoming recruiting class?

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Terrible hitting approaches early in counts.....

On a positive note....

For a Sunday game, only giving up 2 runs was encouraging....... Most teams playing at home would win against a Sunday starter when they need to score only 3 runs to win.

Yeah that dude pitched like crazy. Sometimes that happens to.

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Hamilton made tremendous strides last year. DJ steadily improved iirc. Idk what the fuck is going on with Zubia. I guess knocking the shit out of the ball however many times this season only to get I caught on the warning track may be mind fucking him some. Kennedy’s been bringing it lately, same with Ford. It’ll be nice next year having Hamilton back(hopefully), DJ healthy, another offseason for bertelson, Zubia, Kennedy, Ford and Reagan. 

Anyone got any insight on our incoming recruiting class?

Last year was definitely an outlier, but pan the lense back just a bit and look at it in context of the last, say, 6 or 7 years.

These guys, even minus all those others, have no excuse for what we see day in and day out at the plate.  They're not good.  Not even close.  We make every team's scrub pitcher look like All Americans.  Consistently.

Systemic.

Barring a 2/3 in Stillwater, I think we may have to say goodbye to hosting a Regional.  But Pierce has proved he can take decent teams deep into the post-season so depending on our assignment, I think we can still make some magic in the regionals on the road.  

Just now, Cajun said:

Last year was definitely an outlier, but pan the lense back just a bit and look at it in context of the last, say, 6 or 7 years.

These guys, even minus all those others, have no excuse for what we see day in and day out at the plate.  They're not good.  Not even close.  We make every team's scrub pitcher look like All Americans.  Consistently.

Systemic.

agree we recruit light hitting SS, 2B, CF and Zach Zubia.  its embarrassing

Just now, Lobo said:

Barring a 2/3 in Stillwater, I think we may have to say goodbye to hosting a Regional.  But Pierce has proved he can take decent teams deep into the post-season so depending on our assignment, I think we can still make some magic in the regionals on the road.  

Name something decent about this year’s team ... aside from the uniforms. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I'm all for being optimistic because it is baseball but this team doesn't have a Kody Clemens to go apeshit and save us plus we lost what were likely our 2 best hitters.  the rest of these guys are 6,7,8,9 hitters in a healthy lineup.

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Systemic.

I completely agree. Really curious what kind of bats this recruiting class has. Losing DJ and Hamilton completely fucked our season. Watching Michael McCann swing is just fucking painful outside of a handful of his ab’s the last 3 years. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I completely agree. Really curious what kind of bats this recruiting class has. Losing DJ and Hamilton completely fucked our season. Watching Michael McCann swing is just fucking painful outside of a handful of his ab’s the last 3 years. 

McCann is the Cantu of 2019.

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Name something decent about this year’s team ... aside from the uniforms. 

They don’t quit. We’ve had like what, 14 comeback wins? When our starting pitchers and that band of elite freshman arms are on, we can beat any team in the country. Unfortunately, they’re inconsistent as fuck 

• Like 1

Its fine if your 2B and SS are lance ford types and you put err on fielding side for catcher(I know there is nothing we can do here) but everyone else needs to be able to rake.  its criminal we look like this every god damn year for a decade.

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm all for being optimistic because it is baseball but this team doesn't have a Kody Clemens to go apeshit and save us plus we lost what were likely our 2 best hitters.  the rest of these guys are 6,7,8,9 hitters in a healthy lineup.

I was abused for suggesting Pierce was CoY mostly because KC carried last year’s team all the way to Omaha almost singlehanded. Haven’t seen any reason to question his genius this year ...

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

They don’t quit. We’ve had like what, 14 comeback wins? When our starting pitchers and that band of elite freshman arms are on, we can beat any team in the country. Unfortunately, they’re inconsistent as fuck 

This is also true and it's the one sign of hope at this point.

I think these dudes have plenty of heart.

Now if they only had brains, discipline, and talent to match we might be dangerous.

24 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Bigger issue is the systemic anemic hitting with this program.

Notice, I didn't say "team", but program.

Shit is beyond old.  

Not looking at you Kody.

I'm willing to bet the K's both got training and instruction outside of the program.