Kansas State @ Texas Series

zlavydra

11 hours ago, petscii said:

Or the wins?

Sweeping LSU on a cold weekend in Austin is the only thing keeping this team ranked.  Meanwhile everyone knows LSU starts slow.  The losses are mounting up at this point which won’t allow a host spot.

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Todd is a good hitter.  Hibbeler is a good hitter despite his average.  Kennedy will be a good hitter.  We just don’t have enough of them right now so we get out slugged by the likes of k state.  We also have a few guys who should be trying to slap line drives the other way who, instead, fly out and strike out too much because they have big looping swings.  Those same guys also have a real hard time getting bunts down.  There’s no excuse for that.  

Horns had quite a few poor at bats last night.  Several hitters need a better approach and to see more than 1 pitch in an at bat.....

No excuses for 2 on 1 out down a run and trying to bunt for a hit with McCann on deck.. that was STUPID!!  Pierce needs to break up the consecutive left handed hitters and Reynolds in his line-up......

Horns had quite a few poor at bats last night.  Several hitters need a better approach and to see more than 1 pitch in an at bat.....
No excuses for 2 on 1 out down a run and trying to bunt for a hit with McCann on deck.. that was STUPID!!  Pierce needs to break up the consecutive left handed hitters and Reynolds in his line-up......

Yeah, I didn’t get the sac bunt to move the runner with McCann on deck. That was terrible coaching. I’m not a fan of sac bunting in general, but especially not in that spot.

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah, I didn’t get the sac bunt to move the runner with McCann on deck. That was terrible coaching. I’m not a fan of sac bunting in general, but especially not in that spot.

I just can't believe how bad we are at bunting in general. That is definitely a coaching issue. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jinx said:

I just can't believe how bad we are at bunting in general. That is definitely a coaching issue. 

You shouldn’t worry about bunting or anything else one might consider as a fundamental ... especially for a team so anemic with the bat and bungling with the glove and on the base path. It’s been happening all season with no sense of urgency to fix or adapt. So, just shrug and blame it on the injured SS and C. 

42 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

You shouldn’t worry about bunting or anything else one might consider as a fundamental ... especially for a team so anemic with the bat and bungling with the glove and on the base path. It’s been happening all season with no sense of urgency to fix or adapt. So, just shrug and blame it on the injured SS and C. 

The fundamentals are starting to worry me a bit. And it's not just injuries. I looked at every fielder other than catcher that has gotten decent playing time this year and was here last year. Except for Tate Shaw, every one of them had a decrease in fielding %.  That seems like coaching and not paying enough attention to defense in practice.  

If we were raking at the plate, I could look past this as a tradeoff.  But we suck at the plate also.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Pierce's explanation.     Seems he has no confidence in Reagan or Bertelson to PH which may be needed in the future.

UT’s decision to have Kennedy bunt was a curious call. Kennedy leads UT in batting average, but he had injured his shoulder during an outfield collision this past weekend at Baylor.  After the game, Pierce said that Kennedy “can’t swing.” Kennedy had pinch-run for designated hitter Peter Geib an inning earlier, but Pierce opted to not hit for him because he thought the speedy freshman could beat out a throw on a bunt.

“I just thought it was as good of a move as we could have made if he just makes the bunt,” said Pierce before adding that Kennedy was “about a day or two away.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-drops-below-500-in-big-12-play-as-kansas-state-controls-the-scoreboard-from-start-to-finish/

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Pierce's explanation.     Seems he has no confidence in Reagan or Bertelson to PH which may be needed in the future.

UT’s decision to have Kennedy bunt was a curious call. Kennedy leads UT in batting average, but he had injured his shoulder during an outfield collision this past weekend at Baylor.  After the game, Pierce said that Kennedy “can’t swing.” Kennedy had pinch-run for designated hitter Peter Geib an inning earlier, but Pierce opted to not hit for him because he thought the speedy freshman could beat out a throw on a bunt.

“I just thought it was as good of a move as we could have made if he just makes the bunt,” said Pierce before adding that Kennedy was “about a day or two away.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-drops-below-500-in-big-12-play-as-kansas-state-controls-the-scoreboard-from-start-to-finish/

Thx..... poor decision by Pierce