2019 San Antonio Spurs Offseason Thread -- Rebuild or Run it Back?

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We have nothing to lose. Pop is like 80 years old. Just sign him and let's blast off to Boogieland. 

And I'm not even drunk yet. 

Positive rep for Morgan, but fuck Boogie. Ain’t none of y’all’s reasoning gonna change this idiot’s mind.

22 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Positive rep for Morgan, but fuck Boogie. Ain’t none of y’all’s reasoning gonna change this idiot’s mind.

Certainly an opinion that you should be entitled to.

I'm high on our roster without him, but don't see adding him as a net negative. My one concern would be taking minutes from Poetlt but I think they could go 25ish per game each. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Again, I think the odds we sign him are remote but it's funny to see the ground swell.

^^^^That's Funny^^^^ 

Here's a couple more boogie songs.....

Edited by LTtxfan

The Spurs desperately require some proven talent on the front court. Golden State could use Marco's shooting to help fill the void left from Klay's injury. I don't recall reading anything mentioning Boogie being a bad team mate or problematic in New Orleans /Golden State, perhaps he's grown up a bit and in addition to that this off season has humbled him? Just several seasons ago he was a 25/13 player, yes I know he suffered a major injury, but what do the Spurs have to lose by rolling the dice on someone as talented as Boogie? Despite the injury he was still better than anyone outside of LMA/DDR last season. Boogie can shoot and actually make threes in addition to being a menace in the paint.

If he doesn't pan out the Spurs wouldn't have really lost anything. The market is nonexistent, if the Spurs can obtain him for a price tag similar to what GS paid last season why not? Boogie at the 5, LMA at the 4, Rudy at the 3, DDR at the 2 and Derrick White or DJM at the one and that is an infinitely better lineup than what the Spurs rocked last season and there would be a solid bench too.

• Like 2

The Spurs desperately require some proven talent on the front court. Golden State could use Marco's shooting to help fill the void left from Klay's injury. I don't recall reading anything mentioning Boogie being a bad team mate or problematic in New Orleans /Golden State, perhaps he's grown up a bit and in addition to that this off season has humbled him? Just several seasons ago he was a 25/13 player, yes I know he suffered a major injury, but what do the Spurs have to lose by rolling the dice on someone as talented as Boogie? Despite the injury he was still better than anyone outside of LMA/DDR last season. Boogie can shoot and actually make threes in addition to being a menace in the paint.
If he doesn't pan out the Spurs wouldn't have really lost anything. The market is nonexistent, if the Spurs can obtain him for a price tag similar to what GS paid last season why not? Boogie at the 5, LMA at the 4, Rudy at the 3, DDR at the 2 and Derrick White or DJM at the one and that is an infinitely better lineup than what the Spurs rocked last season and there would be a solid bench too.
NOLA got significantly better in 2017 after he got hurt. His stats are and have always been empty. He's Monta Ellis or Harrison Barnes in a bigger body. Plus he's a huge piece of shit. God I hope pop is smarter than this. I assume he is.

43 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
12 hours ago, Chad said:

Read more  

NOLA got significantly better in 2017 after he got hurt. His stats are and have always been empty. He's Monta Ellis or Harrison Barnes in a bigger body. Plus he's a huge piece of shit. God I hope pop is smarter than this. I assume he is.

I understand the sentiment, but it's simply not true.  They were a 56% winning percent team with Cousins and 60% without him when they traded for Mirotic and Davis stopped missing games.  Davis missed 6 games with Cousins and only 1 after he went down so they weren't significantly better and he was playing great ball for a winning team when he got injured.  Again, I don't think Cousins was a winning basketball player mainly because of his immaturity and attitude and I absolutely get the sentiment from those that want to pass on him.  However, humble pie and injury can change a man and the price would seem to be right.  If you still don't want him on board, I think the good news is you don't really have to worry about much as I haven't seen any reputable reporting thus far that we've contacted him, just fan fantasy right now.  Supposedly the Wizards are interested..... they just cut Dwight.  lol.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Dwight.  lol.

Speaking of empty stats.

I'm not saying you couldn't be right. I tend to think his (perceived) humility last year was because he was coattail riding an established championship team as maybe their 5th best player, coming off injury on a prove it deal. My money is on him reverting back to what he's always been as soon as he perceives himself to be the alpha on a team. Which to him in his mind would likely be anywhere not in San Fran, LA or Brooklyn. Plus I just hate that dude.

Thru only 3 quarters.  The 4th quarter was cancelled because of..... earth quakes.  lol.  

The two rookie first rounders really struggled again tonights.  Another intriguing story for our SL team is the comeback of Thomas Robinson.  Yes, that Thomas Robinson, from Kansas.  28 years old but has been playing pretty well for us.  Not sure if he would accept a spot in Austin, but he may work himself on someone's team.

Hard to believe the Thunder traded their best player they're not making the playoffs with Russ/Adams....no fucking way.

$15 million a year for Danny Green? WOW! That is insanity during the regular season  he was a marksman but he vanished in the post season.

Edited by Chad

55 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn... Lakers got Boogie

One last Boogie song for yah....

Hmmm....

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

They have the potential to turn into an absolute trainwreck and I pray to God it happens. 

Edited by ztejas
And yes I kind of wanted Boogie but Boogie in SA under Pop and Boogie in LA under a figurehead coach is different

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So.... just gives more credence to the fact that this has always been about going back to California.  We probably weren't going to keep him regardless of what happened.

Must be nice to be able to throw away $80M like it's nothing.