2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Durant is too good. I don’t care that he went to UT, I hate him for being a bitch. Htown loyalty before all 

Too good? He disappeared for half this series.  The CP3 injury saved him from being the reason GS choked.  

• Like 1

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

ridiculous post.

It’s what he does, ignore it. 

Helluva run by our guys - I’m still proud of this team. Our effort was incredible the first half, and the legs just weren’t there in the second. 

Always will be a huge “what if” on the season. Fuck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

Helluva run by our guys - I’m still proud of this team. Our effort was incredible the first half, and the legs just weren’t there in the second. 

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

this was a great season and more than most anyone thought it would be going into the year.  i hope most of our "fans" don't lose sight of that but i'm sure there will be mostly whining and bitching all offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, Stella Link said:

Well, we beat them three times and took the series to seven.  Couldn't get four wins.....I'm not one for moral victories, but this still sucks...

And you're right. There should not be any moral victories when you lose with homecourt advantage and blow 17 and 15 point leads in the last two games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

this was a great season and more than most anyone thought it would be going into the year.  i hope most of our "fans" don't lose sight of that but i'm sure there will be mostly whining and bitching all offseason.

It will be interesting to see how the front office reacts in the off season....

And you're right. There should not be any moral victories when you lose with homecourt advantage and blow 17 and 15 point leads in the last two games. 

There can be absolutely no moral victories from this. You got punked in the third quarter multiple times. Probably should have learned something from that the second time.
  • Like 1

I said the same thing last year and the year before... sometimes, the goal should be 2 points... 37 missed 3s.if 12 those are 2pt atempts, and you make 40% of those 12. that's 10 points.

At some point, 2s help. I was happy to have CP3 for exactly that reason.

When the 3s aren't going in, the system shuts itself down.

5 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

A. That’s ridiculous.

B. Who are you going to get that’s better than 65 wins in this Western Conference?

Personally, I wanted a second run with JVG. He had his rag tag team without healthy superstars playing at their highest level and admitted to not being open minded on offense during his first run. He said he would bring in more offensive minded assistants if he had the chance to coach again. D'Antoni is too goddamn stubborn for his own good and not up to par to making in-game adjustments. D'Antoni is not a championship level coach.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

Just now, Snacks said:

I said the same thing last year and the year before... sometimes, the goal should be 2 points... 37 missed 3s.if 12 those are 2pt atempts, and you make 40% of those 12. that's 10 points.

At some point, 2s help. I was happy to have CP3 for exactly that reason.

When the 3s aren't going in, the system shuts itself down.

Yep, this game would have been totally different with CP3’s midrange game that is sometimes automatic. 

3 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

It will be interesting to see how the front office reacts in the off season....

They built the team specifically to beat Golden State. They will continue with this same strategy. Lots of "small" bigs that can defend multiple positions. Lots of iso ball with two of the best iso guys in the world. Lots of 3s and layups.

They weren't going to win playing 5 on 8, even with CP3. They will have to rely on Durant or Curry being hurt or the league no longer wanting the exact same finals every year.

Whatever, it's fun if you just don't get too invested in the outcomes because we all know what the storyline is gonna be. I flipped it to the game for 20 sec and watched Harden get fouled on a pullup 3 and no call. It was pretty clear the league wants Durant/Lebron.