Texas vs OU series.

petscii

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

So does anybody have an explanation as to how this club melted down and went from being a very flawed team to being a complete dumpster fire during/after the K-State series? Nobody in the media seems to know or care what happened.

they were a dumpster fire at the beginning, you just couldn't see it very well.  teams were giving us games by pitching like we had bats. walks, errors, a few late inning heroics. once they found out we couldn't hit(and were without Kody to save us) AGAIN they just started throwing strikes. we don't hit fastballs, curves, sliders or change up even on 2-0.  We suck donkey balls at the plate and combine that with very average fielding and no real pitchers(or young ones who can't get the ball over the plate) beyond our starters and you get this disaster.  the really scary part is there was ZERO improvement from the start of the year.

And why does no one care.  because a) its baseball and b) Kody and a couple of decent pitchers took us to the CWS last year. Pierce is one lucky fucker.

get ready because this shitshow isn't ending next year.  we are proper fucked.  There is no reason this season should have turned out this bad other than poor coaching.

• Like 1

Oh I saw it. I just thought, you know, maybe they would get better. But they got worse. And it was not like last year's team was total garbage and Kody went out there and hit 40 Homer's and pitched 20 complete games. He was a key part by providing the power the line up needed, but last year we had guys who were fundamentally sound and got on base and good pitching. There are no one man teams in baseball.

Edited by Valmy77

I'm on longhorn network.   I'm here until the bitter end.

Pierce blamed the millennials during the radio pre-game.    I don't think college kids are millennials.

I was excited at the beginning of baseball season even though we went 0-2 and BBQ in omaha last year, it was omaha.

I was happy leaving the Thursday night game in Palo Alto.  Texas had a few miscues but overall executed well enough to hold off Stanford.

Then the wheels came off and stayed off.

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh I saw it. I just thought, you know, maybe they would get better. But they got worse. And it was not like last year's team was total garbage and Kody went out there and hit 40 Homer's and pitched 20 complete games. He was a key part by providing the power the line up needed, but last year we had guys who were fundamentally sound and got on base and good pitching. There are no one man teams in baseball.

I know there are no one man teams.  I think you WAY underestimate what having a 3 hole hitter like Kody does for every other batter in the lineup.  the interesting this is our ERA was only a bit worse this year and our WHIP is about the same.  The fielding was much worse this year and I know that some of that was DJ and Hamilton missing.

DJ and Hamilton certainly make this team better(get to a regional but likely not host) but what I am saying is the other guys are complete JAGS and Kody carried those guys on his back.  The relief pitching was an abomination this year where last year it was just good enough.

Just now, dcar00 said:

I know there are no one man teams.  I think you WAY underestimate what having a 3 hole hitter like Kody does for every other batter in the lineup.  the interesting this is our ERA was only a bit worse this year and our WHIP is about the same.  The fielding was much worse this year and I know that some of that was DJ and Hamilton missing.

DJ and Hamilton certainly make this team better(get to a regional but likely not host) but what I am saying is the other guys are complete JAGS and Kody carried those guys on his back.  The relief pitching was an abomination this year where last year it was just good enough.

Well yeah they were just decent mediocre baseball players for the most part. We needed people to step up this year and...well...they were actually worse than last year. Or at least Ellis and Zubia certainly were.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

WTF? Is he aware all the players on the other teams are also the same age as his team?

if that is code for his players aren't tough well thats on him.  this is not looking good for Pierce at all. not one fucking bit.

Just now, dcar00 said:

if that is code for his players aren't tough well thats on him.  this is not looking good for Pierce at all. not one fucking bit.

I'm as sunshine as they come, but I was like really?  You are going there?  You can blame injuries, and you can even I guess blame the schedule (even though we basically crushed the part of the schedule that was too hard) we sucked at the part of the schedule that should have been easy.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

Is he planning on recruiting some people from another generation next year, or does he plan on sucking again?

I think the year 2000 is the cutoff for Millennials so the upperclassmen on the team are millennials but the kids he's recruiting are "Gen Z"

Edited by perfectchaos007

7 minutes ago, petscii said:

I'm as sunshine as they come, but I was like really?  You are going there?  You can blame injuries, and you can even I guess blame the schedule (even though we basically crushed the part of the schedule that was too hard) we sucked at the part of the schedule that should have been easy.

yep.  goin to the Cholly Weis "have you seen that pile of shit out there" well is a really bad sign.  he might want to look in the mirror.

Kam is a fucking roulette wheel.  The kid's motion just doesn't look natural to me.  he looks like someone told him he has to come way over the top.  looks completely forced.

OMG. he just tried a pickoff to first with a guy on 2nd. the kid isn't a pticher.

Valmy77...I appreciate how you stuck with this team.   I just can't watch this team play like this.  I drop by time to time to see what's happening.   

I just don't get how a hitter/fielder can't improve after playing more than 50 games.  I'm not sure there's any hope for this team next year either.   

We're #9...we're #9....just sucks.  Hopefully, Pierce and this team are better next year (how can it be worse).  Gotta pull for the Ladies (who also lost today) now.

Hope you have another team to root for after today ends.