2019 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Texas007 said:

a_jammer_i.jpg

Quentin Jammer

Was coming to post him. Favorite DB ever growing up. He would've matched up well even in today's game for Texas' defense and culture. Only others I can think of is Westbrook (before my time) and Vaccaro but Jammer still holds the spot imo for hardest hitter, especially as a corner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Was coming to post him. Favorite DB ever growing up. He would've matched up well even in today's game for Texas' defense and culture. Only others I can think of is Westbrook (before my time) and Vaccaro but Jammer still holds the spot imo for hardest hitter, especially as a corner. 

I was rather gruntled when the Charger's grabbed him in front of the Cowboys in the '002 draft.

He played with such aggression and physicality and had the speed to always be in the right place at the right time.  

2 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

The Joker

7639411-1-0.png

That stupid nickname has led to ongoing confusion among Horns fans trying to figure out the safety spots in Orlando's dime defense.

Yes, Deshon Elliott nicknamed himself The Joker.

Yes, Orlando's dime 3-2-6 look has a safety spot named Joker safety.

No, Deshon Elliott did not play Joker in Orlando's system in 2017.  Jason Hall did.  John Bonney played a little, too (remember the INT against Mayfield near OU's end zone?).  Then, at the end of the year Antwuan Davis was fantastic at Joker (remember the pick six against KU).

Anyway, this is just a PSA from me to the universe, shouted meaninglessly into the void.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

That stupid nickname has led to ongoing confusion among Horns fans trying to figure out the safety spots in Orlando's dime defense.

Yes, Deshon Elliott nicknamed himself The Joker.

Yes, Orlando's dime 3-2-6 look has a safety spot named Joker safety.

No, Deshon Elliott did not play Joker in Orlando's system in 2017.  Jason Hall did.  John Bonney played a little, too (remember the INT against Mayfield near OU's end zone?).  Then, at the end of the year Antwuan Davis was fantastic at Joker (remember the pick six against KU).

Anyway, this is just a PSA from me to the universe, shouted meaninglessly into the void.

this was confusing as hell at the time and not meaningless even 2 years on.

1 hour ago, Xcalibur said:

34dffa06b7215e534b60ab85044a0711.jpg

Nathan Vasher

Remember this? The interception in 2002 that sealed the deal and broke Nebraska’s then-nation’s longest consecutive home winning streak (since Applewhite in 1998).

I was at that game - that dumbass Frank Solich decided to let Jamaal Lord throw it instead of kicking the game winning FG. Vasher saved our ass