Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Elaborate?  

I know most here think the Native American thing is a nothing burger, but I have a feeling it plays really well with the masses. Also it’s absurd and she clearly either lied or is mentally a little off (which isn’t baggage these days I guess e.g. trump and Kanye). And then her quotes on positions that are so radical that they are almost revolutionary makes her absurd, in my opinion.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Elaborate?  

She has been Fox Newsed and Breitbarted for a few years now. She doesn't have actual baggage. They have just been applying the same attack method they used on Hillary.  Eventually it causes the public to both "tire" of her and be wary of her. 

Because of this, Dems can only win with a late entry candidate like Obama. 

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I know most here think the Native American thing is a nothing burger, but I have a feeling it plays really well with the masses. Also it’s absurd and she clearly either lied or is mentally a little off (which isn’t baggage these days I guess e.g. trump and Kanye). And then her quotes on positions that are so radical that they are almost revolutionary makes her absurd, in my opinion.

Which positions are so radical they are almost revolutionary?

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Hillary had 20 years of being called a piece of shit and articles written about how she was a warhawk and Donald was a dove. Please do not even attempt to compare the baggage the media attached to her vs Warren.

This plus I think Warren would gladly go on Fox News (live) to debate the issues.  She isn’t afraid to take on the machine.  That’s why they’re so afraid of her. 

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

It's pathetic takes like this where Democrats have to face the facts. Republicans are not playing the game or following the rules. They have gone completely off the grid and project concerns of honesty and sincerity on to their opponents without any regard for their own party or leader.  

It is political warfare and Ds need to act accordingly. Stop trying to reach across the aisle. Republican voters are a complete lost cause at this point. 

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Hillary had 20 years of being called a piece of shit and articles written about how she was a warhawk and Donald was a dove. Please do not even attempt to compare the baggage the media attached to her vs Warren.

I'm telling you what Fox News viewers see and what Fox News is trying to do. If Obama had been "birthered" since 2006, he would have lost to McCain. Instead they focused on Hillary. By the time they got around to wearing Obama down, he was already President. And when 2020 gets here, a good chunk of the country will be "tired" of Warren. Its the way the right works. Its shitty, but it is what it is. Warren's best move now is to act as a gravity well for attacks so that someone else can come from behind her and win. 

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's pathetic takes like this where Democrats have to face the facts. Republicans are not playing the game or following the rules. They have gone completely off the grid and project concerns of honesty and sincerity on to their opponents without any regard for their own party or leader.  

It is political warfare and Ds need to act accordingly. Stop trying to reach across the aisle. Republican voters are a complete lost cause at this point. 

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So, Warren/Avenatti 2020?

It's seriously like arguing with a homeless drunk on a psychotic break. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This cookie has been trolling us for months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm telling you what Fox News viewers see and what Fox News is trying to do. If Obama had been "birthered" since 2006, he would have lost to McCain. Instead they focused on Hillary. By the time they got around to wearing Obama down, he was already President. And when 2020 gets here, a good chunk of the country will be "tired" of Warren. Its the way the right works. Its shitty, but it is what it is. Warren's best move now is to act as a gravity well for attacks so that someone else can come from behind her and win. 

How about we don't play into the FNC shriveled old white hands and let them dictate the rules? Do what Hugo said, quit trying to reach across the aisle. It is very much known that the majority of adults who could vote in this country would elect someone liberal, driving turnout by dictating your message to them about tax cuts benefiting the most wealthy, healthcare being sabotaged by the GOP, etc. Quit trying to think you need to tone down your message to appear to the galaxy-brained centrists who aren't going to apply the same rules to you as they do to Republican candidates.

She wants to have the government create an “Office of United States Corporations” within the Department of Commerce in an attempt to make public what has forever been private capitalism. It’s revolutionary to the idea of what’s left of free market economy. 

Also she wants to raise taxes bigly which is surprising to find out you guys are the only ones I’ve ever spoken to who doesn’t care about paying taxes. It’s likeyall enjoy it.

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

She wants to have the government create an “Office of United States Corporations” within the Department of Commerce in an attempt to make public what has forever been private capitalism. It’s revolutionary to the idea of what’s left of free market economy. 

Also she wants to raise taxes bigly which is surprising to find out you guys are the only ones I’ve ever spoken to who doesn’t care about paying taxes. It’s likeyall enjoy it.

Everyone paying for social services instead of relying on blood stucking giant for-profit healthcare enterprise and charities? Sign me the fuck up.

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

All I can say is, if Dems want to lose again - to Trump - run her.

Run almost anyone else, and they win.

This ain't hard.

PhD said it more succinctly and better than I did, apparently. Listen to this guy, he’s a doctor (and I think he’s right).

The thing I like about Warren is I think she understands this.

She’s not going to shy away from going after Trump because it would turn off potential voters.  She’s going to go for the jugular on these corrupt mofos.   Will it work?  I don’t know but it will certainly make them squirm and clutch their pearls. 

"Run anyone else and you win." - phd

I guarantee you he'd find a reason to not vote for them.

Biden - omg too hold; one time he plagiarized in the 80s

Harris - too inexperienced, could you even imagine someone with so little experience running the government; plus she shrill and uppity

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe I’m living in the alternate plane of existence here, but what did I say here that was so pathetic or out of the world?

Youd be insane to believe that there isn’t a lot of people who think what she did was dishonest when it comes to trying to pass as an NA and a lot of people who are scared or weirded out by her radical ideas. She’s A female Bernie Sanders which might or might not be awesome in the long run, but I’m sincerely unsure where I offended in my quoted post above.

Just now, phdhorn said:

All I can say is, if Dems want to lose again - to Trump - run her.

Run almost anyone else, and they win.

This ain't hard.

Bullshit. 

I used to agree that Warren would be a bad candidate vs. Trump, and that the Ds should elect a man to battle Dotard. 

But that's with the old political rules, where there was an assumption that people from both parties would act in good faith. The GOP has gone rogue. It doesn't matter who the Dems nominate, as no Republican will seriously consider voting for him/her.  Rs will take the tiniest little negative, and treat it like the end of the world. 

It's all about voter turnout, with the hope that the R's voter suppression tactics don't fuck this country over again.  Fill in the blank vs. Trump. The stage is already set. 

6 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

What is she attempting to make public what has always been private?

And I favor raising taxes on the rich. I favor lowering your tax burden because you aren't rich. Hardly revolutionary.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Bullshit. 

I used to agree that Warren would be a bad candidate vs. Trump, and that the Ds should elect a man to battle Dotard. 

But that's with the old political rules, where there was an assumption that people from both parties would act in good faith. The GOP has gone rogue. It doesn't matter who the Dems nominate, as no Republican will seriously consider voting for him/her.  Rs will take the tiniest little negative, and treat it like the end of the world. 

It's all about voter turnout, with the hope that the R's voter suppression tactics don't fuck this country over again.  Fill in the blank vs. Trump. The stage is already set. 

Turnout will have to come from sustained enthusiasm. You can't get that with a stale old white guy. BUT, you do need to appeal to every one of the Dem base's subsets. That also means no Bernie. 

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Maybe I’m living in the alternate plane of existence here, but what did I say here that was so pathetic or out of the world?

Youd be insane to believe that there isn’t a lot of people who think what she did was dishonest when it comes to trying to pass as an NA and a lot of people who are scared or weirded out by her radical ideas. She’s A female Bernie Sanders which might or might not be awesome in the long run, but I’m sincerely unsure where I offended in my quoted post above.

I'm fully aware of the disingenuous voters/party in power who project dishonesty on to Elizabeth Warren or any Dem/liberal. 

Let me put it this way: I don't think there's anything more un-American right now than being a proud R supporter. 

Good.  You guys who think I wouldn't vote for a Dem [WRONG!/Trump] (who by the way would rather slit your wrists rather than vote for anything even approaching a Republican, jeesus pot kettle) let her run.  

If the Democrats can't find some younger pup in their 50's at least (and there are a few) who has a positive message, they deserve to lose.  Look at the last 30 years -

Clinton - centrist Democrat - beat an incumbent President and cruised to two terms.
Gore - nanny-panny negative lost to Bush (oh yeah, he really won, lol, forgot)
Obama - leftist Democrat who was still nevertheless a positive character, won two terms.

Sure, go ahead.  LOL some people are really seeing the emperor with clothes in Warren.  She bitches and moans like a Chuck Schumer, and in the end she'll lose a la Hillary.

But go ahead and keep fucking that chicken.  

Anyway I have a belief that the Dems will coalesce around a decent positive character - that's the kind who will both take their base along (which tends to be much more liberal) and grab indies (who tend to lean conservative). If not, short of a heart attack on the golf course, you can welcome your Trump overlord again in 2020.

I'm fully aware of the disingenuous voters/party in power who project dishonesty on to Elizabeth Warren or any Dem/liberal. 

Let me put it this way: I don't think there's anything more un-American right now than being a proud R supporter. 

What’s crazy (to me) is that you’ve responded to R dishonesty by trenching in that the other side is honest. Politicians, all of them, are dishonest. Because the R’s are dishonest doesn’t mean that Warren wasn’t also being dishonest by trying to pass as something she isn’t (or is, as is most everyone then by definition). 

Anyway I have a belief that the Dems will coalesce around a decent positive character - that's the kind who will both take their base along (which tends to be much more liberal) and grab indies (who tend to lean conservative). If not, short of a heart attack on the golf course, you can welcome your Trump overlord again in 2020.

You just described Beto imho 

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This plus I think Warren would gladly go on Fox News (live) to debate the issues.  She isn’t afraid to take on the machine.  That’s why they’re so afraid of her. 

What does taking on the machine mean?

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"Run anyone else and you win." - phd

I guarantee you he'd find a reason to not vote for them.

Biden - omg too hold; one time he plagiarized in the 80s

Harris - too inexperienced, could you even imagine someone with so little experience running the government; plus she shrill and uppity

You see, there's a large percentage of this country that is filled with misogynists like phdhorn who will never vote for a woman.  And since the Dems will likely end up running a woman in 2020, the misogynists phdhorns of the country will vote against her even though their vote is going to a man who continues to lie to their faces and doesn't actually act in their interest.  

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

You see, there's a large percentage of this country that is filled with misogynists like phdhorn who will never vote for a woman.  And since the Dems will likely end up running a woman in 2020, the misogynists phdhorns of the country will vote against her even though their vote is going to a man who continues to lie to their faces and doesn't actually act in their interest.  

Oh boy, here comes the ad hominem crowd.  WHo doesn't know shit about me or much else but think they do.  Like clockwork.
I've voted for a woman plenty of times, buck.
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, which makes you entertaining if not downright completely utterly wrong.  But it's still fun.

Edited by phdhorn

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Talk about Warren not having a shot to beat Trump is really silly when you consider all the voices saying Trump had no chance to beat Hillary in 2016. 

Warren is everything Hillary should have been without the baggage.

And yet Trump won. 

As he would win against Warren, imo. Warren is no great shakes better than HRC.

Based on these results, she wouldn't be able to claim Cherokee lineage and it wouldn't be recognized by the tribe.  Minimum is 1/16th for most tribes and Cherokee are much more strict than others.  1/1024 is just a bit outside the range.

By comparison, most Europeans have 1.8-2.6% Neanderthal DNA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4955128/Humans-TWICE-Neanderthal-DNA-thought.html

So in summary..

Good.  You guys who think I wouldn't vote for a Dem [WRONG!/Trump] (who by the way would rather slit your wrists rather than vote for anything even approaching a Republican, jeesus pot kettle) let her run.  

If the Democrats can't find some younger pup in their 50's at least (and there are a few) who has a positive message, they deserve to lose.  Look at the last 30 years -

Clinton - centrist Democrat - beat an incumbent President and cruised to two terms.
Gore - nanny-panny negative lost to Bush (oh yeah, he really won, lol, forgot)
Obama - leftist Democrat who was still nevertheless a positive character, won two terms.

Sure, go ahead.  LOL some people are really seeing the emperor with clothes in Warren.  She bitches and moans like a Chuck Schumer, and in the end she'll lose a la Hillary.

But go ahead and keep fucking that chicken.  

If the economy stays strong he could win again. I'd be  shocked, but not that shocked.  Mueller better get his shit together, and pull him off the hill before the campaigns start or it won't have the effect the democrats hoped it would waaaaay back when they started the investigation.  

Warren ?  Don't think so.  They need a moderate democrat. They keep going left, and the more they do the more votes they seem to lose. This country is still center to center right.

Just now, Asithappens said:

And yet Trump won. 

As he would win against Warren, imo. Warren is no great shakes better than HRC.

Her policy positions are more popular with the people who put him over the top. She will be a populist from the left, and that is problematic for the Donald.

But she isn't going to be the nominee.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Your logic skills are lacking.

Whatever, you are clearly unhinged by it all. I hope you get what you want at the end of the day and can regain some peace and sanity.

I really don't think Warren has any realistic shot at winning the Big Job, but who knows?

I'm really interested in seeing how the suburban/educated/female votes in the upcoming midterms. If they make a big statement against the GOP, then Warren may have a shot. But I won't believe that until I see it. And frankly I doubt that I'll see it come November.

Same with the Castro bro. He has no chance at the Presidency. 

2 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

I really don't think Warren has any realistic shot at winning the Big Job, but who knows?

I'm really interested in seeing how the suburban/educated/female votes in the upcoming midterms. If they make a big statement against the GOP, then Warren may have a shot. But I won't believe that until I see it. And frankly I doubt that I'll see it come November.

Same with the Castro bro. He has no chance at the Presidency. 

White, college educated women are going to vote ton of Republicans out of office.