Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

imagine how deluded one must be to believe Warren is an agent of transformational change

In a dorky-ass Lisa Simpson way, she thinks she is. Which isn't nothing and is more than we're going to get from any candidate outside of her and Sanders. The wealth tax and estate tax are good.

But when it comes to the larger transformational changes we need regarding capitalism and wealth concentration, not even Bernie is going far enough.

And I read/heard somewhere that some of her staff is from Harry Reid's woke-ass final staff, which means she's got decent people in her ear so she can be pushed left (not that she absolutely will, but it's a lot more likely for her and Bernie than any of the other people).

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hahahahahaha 

I'm critical of all candidates, even my beloved grandfather Bernie.

Things about which Bernie needs to #DoBetter:
- Be more forceful in speaking out in favor of impeachment
- Advocate major Supreme Court changes (i.e., pack that bitch)
- Promote filibuster busting in the Senate
- Be someone who can adapt to the audience he is speaking to without being an oblivious, curmudgeonly bulldozer
- Be more aggressive and direct in wealth redistribution

Disingenuous attacks against Bernie that can EABOD/DIAF:
- RUSSIA!
- Personal taxes
- Lake cabin
- Too old

It's not my fault he's better than the rest of them. Blame those other candidates.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Clearly the best and brightest but gets easily overshadowed.

You are an emotional basketcase.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sadly it's going to take more than 4 years of Donald Trump to create larger transformation changes we need regarding capitalism and wealth concentration.  

Bernie Sanders wants a revolution, I don’t know if we’d get that with him as president but that’s his selling point.  

I’m not talking civil war revolution but mass mobilization to overcome obstacles and provoke the changes necessary. 

Do I have that wrong BT?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

56 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Big piece NYT on our future president.

From the article:

“There’s a concerted effort to equate Warren with Bernie, to make her seem more radical,” says Luigi Zingales, a University of Chicago economist and co-host of the podcast Capitalisn’t. But Wall Street and its allies “are more afraid of her than Bernie,” Zingales continued, “because when she says she’ll change the rules, she’s the one who knows how to do it.”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

From the article:

“There’s a concerted effort to equate Warren with Bernie, to make her seem more radical,” says Luigi Zingales, a University of Chicago economist and co-host of the podcast Capitalisn’t. But Wall Street and its allies “are more afraid of her than Bernie,” Zingales continued, “because when she says she’ll change the rules, she’s the one who knows how to do it.”

shots fired.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

From the article:

lmao

You've got the Third Way guy Tweeting about how great Warren is and this guy wants me to believe that Wall Street and its allies like Bernie more than Liz? lol fuuuuuuuuuck off

These idiots aren't having gala dinners trying to figure out how to kneecap Warren, but they've been coming for Bernie for years.

Liz is better than every non-Bernie, but this "she's just as progress/left/threatening to Wall Street as Bernie" is some positioning statement bullshit meant to convince on-the-fence voters that a reformer is a radical.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Begun the Warren/Bernie war has...

Attacking Third Way isn't attacking Warren.

Pointing out that Warren is more of a reformer isn't attacking Warren, either. That's her own language about her own worldview.

That is yet more bullshit team-sports framing to create drama where there is none (the Warren and Sanders campaigns are both full of longtime allies and will be allies regardless of which one wins).

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Attacking Third Way isn't attacking Warren.

Pointing out that Warren is more of a reformer isn't attacking Warren, either. That's her own language about her own worldview.

That is yet more bullshit team-sports framing to create drama where there is none (the Warren and Sanders campaigns are both full of longtime allies and will be allies regardless of which one wins).

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Women won't vote for a woman

What about a black man named Hussein?

My point here is those widely held beliefs like a woman can’t win can be easily destroyed by the right person if they connect well enough with voters.  

Voters don’t give a shit about gender, sexuality, race, or religion if they believe the candidate can deliver for them. 

17 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Shut the fuck up about Bernie on the Elizabeth Warren thread. Go pollute somewhere else with your drivel. 

You know who benefits between internecine Warren/Bernie fights?  Putin.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bernie was an insurgent candidate in 2016.  Naturally the Democratic base would have a hostile reaction. 

Elizabeth Warren is the only candidate with any hope of unifying the democratic base with the Bernie Bros.  If that happens, look out.  

The Berners are a dogmatic bunch so I’m not sure how well this is going to go but the more Warren surges the better. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie was an insurgent candidate in 2016.  Naturally the Democratic base would have a hostile reaction. 

Elizabeth Warren is the only candidate with any hope of unifying the democratic base with the Bernie Bros.  If that happens, look out.  

The Berners are a dogmatic bunch so I’m not sure how well this is going to go but the more Warren surges the better. 

Look at the logic train, it's beautiful...

Sentence 1: Acknowledge the reality that establishment Dems and centrists are more hostile than the bros
Sentence 2: Equate the two parties, even though you just acknowledged that the bros are less hostile
Sentence 3: Hey presto, go right back to the thing you acknowledged as untrue in Sentence 1 so you don't ever have to learn or adapt or think

[edit]

To engage with Sentence 2, which is important...

As I (and many others) have said from the beginning, Warren is a good compromise between the shitlibs and the bros. While some people ~*~ on both sides ~*~ will say "MY GUY OR BUST", the bros would be way more loyal to Warren than the shitlibs would be to Bernie. As I said in another thread, there's no left version of Howard Schultz.

Edited by bad_teammate

48% of respondents reported that Hillary supporters were perceived as aggressive/threatening. (32% for Sanders)
What do you think that it says? (Odds I get a real response to this question: Very Low)
Hillary supporters were also as racist as Kasich supporters (and way more than Bernie voters, obviously).
It says that more people responded that they perceived Hillary supporters to be aggressive. Surely even you know the vast difference between that and Hillary supporters actually being more aggressive.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Hillary supporters were also as racist as Kasich supporters (and way more than Bernie voters, obviously).

See, this poll is actually valid from a methodology standpoint, and I'll buy what it's selling. I'm not sure whether you just plain don't know the difference between the two links you posted, or you knew saying that your first poll showed that Clinton supporters are "aggressive" was intellectually dishonest. Nor do I really care. Like I said in my original response, I already know you're full of shit, I just thought I'd call it out for anyone else reading your post.

14 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It says that more people responded that they perceived Hillary supporters to be aggressive. Surely even you know the vast difference between that and Hillary supporters actually being more aggressive.

Aggression is interpersonal and subjective, so the perception of the recipient is what matters. We can be aggressive and threatening without intending to be, so the perception of others is the key thing. That's communication.

If we interview 100 randoms and 48 people say Person A is aggressive/threatening and  32 people say Person B is aggressive/threatening and 70 say that Person C is aggressive/threatening, then Person A can very safely considered to be more aggressive than B, and C more than both. We don't need to ask Persons A, B, and C what their intentions were.

Unless, of course, there's some kind of natural overall bias against Person A (like a linguistic or cultural tic or habit) that would lead the respondents to misperceive aggression.

Do you think there's a natural bias against Hillary supporters that would cause a misreporting here relative to the supports of the other candidates?

Do you also think Trump's supporters are misperceived?

Edited by bad_teammate

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Aggression is interpersonal and subjective, so the perception of the recipient is what matters. We can be aggressive and threatening without intending to be, so the perception of others is the key thing. That's communication.

If we interview 100 randoms and 48 people say Person A is aggressive/threatening and  32 people say Person B is aggressive/threatening and 70 say that Person C is aggressive/threatening, then Person A can very safely considered to be more aggressive than B, and C more than both. We don't need to ask Persons A, B, and C what their intentions were.

Unless, of course, there's some kind of natural overall bias against Person A (like a linguistic or cultural tic or habit) that would lead the respondents to misperceive aggression.

Do you think there's a natural bias against Hillary supporters that would cause a misreporting here relative to the supports of the other candidates?

Do you also think Trump's supporters are misperceived?

lol.

If you asked 1000 people, today, the following:

- Do you believe that Bernie Sanders supporters are aggressive?
- Do you believe that Andrew Yang Supporters are aggressive?

Who do you think would get more "yes" answers?

Just now, BradInATX said:

lol.

If you asked 1000 people, today, the following:

- Do you believe that Bernie Sanders supporters are aggressive?
- Do you believe that Andrew Yang Supporters are aggressive?

Who do you think would get more "yes" answers?

That's not what the poll asked. You're shifting the goalposts.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

That's not what the poll asked. You're shifting the goalposts.

If you asked 1000 people:

- Do you think Bernie Sanders supporters are a) "Very Aggressive" b) "Somewhat Aggressive" or C) "Not Aggressive?

- Do you think Andrew Yang supporters are a) "Very Aggressive" b) "Somewhat Aggressive" or C) "Not Aggressive?

What do you think the results would look like?

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know what the results would be.

I'd imagine Yang would get a lot of "C" because no one knows who he is (unlike Bernie in March of 2016, a point by which he had already won 10+ primary states).

Keep going. Line up your logic.

Of course he would get a lot of C for the exact same reason Bernie got a lot of "C" last time, for the same reason that people's favorability ratings go down the more they are in the spotlight etc.

Any poll like that, the people who are most in the spotlight, and of course the people who are the assumed presumptive nominee are going to get more "A" from the other side than the chippy up and comer. 

Your poll:

1) Trump 2) Hillary 3) Cruz 4) Sanders 5) Kasich

March 2016, net unfavorability ratings:

1) Trump 2) Hillary 3) Cruz 4) Sanders 5) Kasich

(link: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2333)

What a shocking coincidence that they line up perfectly.