Seasick Sailor

Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Other Good Stuff

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Anyone who hasn't seen a show at Preservation Hall needs to go.  Of course, it will be a while, but put it on your bucket list.  I think I paid something like $180 for four front-row tickets, and it was an absolute treat.  Great players, great room, and you're literally within arm's reach of the whole band.  The room itself is probably smaller than the Cactus Cafe.

And on a down note, one of their regulars tested positive for coronavirus the other day.  I can't find the news clip right now -- he's one of their tuba/sousaphone players.

I was stunned by how small it was.  I didn't get to go to a show there, but I was in the French Quarter right after Bowie did and got in real close to them (the band) during the parade in his honor.  So I've observed them play, and I've seen the building, but I haven't seen them play in the building.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

it's been probably 15 years since i saw a midnight show at preservation hall, but i'm fairly certain i paid $10 a ticket. it was so impressive that i went 2 nights in a row. definitely highly recommended. 

1 hour ago, stc said:

it's been probably 15 years since i saw a midnight show at preservation hall, but i'm fairly certain i paid $10 a ticket. it was so impressive that i went 2 nights in a row. definitely highly recommended. 

Yeah, this was just a couple of years ago, and I paid the premium for front row, which I highly recommend.

Danny Clinch made this and for some reason it has never been released.  I got to see it at the SXSW premier and it's amazing.

na-fairytale-film-poster-horizontal.widt

So during this whole COVID-19 stuff, Paste is highlighting various live concerts from their vault.
Isbell acoustic from 10/20/2011 at The Living Room in NYC (6 months after release of Here We Rest for reference)

I kinda miss pudgy/alcoholic Isbell....and I'd pay good money to see this setlist

Streetlights
Alabama Pines
Go It Alone
Goddamn Lonely Love
Daisy Mae
Tour of Duty

Edit: I see stc beat me to it

I was watching some videos from around the same time from The Saxon the other night.  I was lucky enough to be right off stage to his left that afternoon.  This was the first time I'd heard Go It Alone.  After the set I asked him if I could buy him a shot and he asked for vodka because "it's too damn early for Jack."