Joe Rogan Experience

midtown

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, I read that earlier. And the headline (All vaccines 100% effective!!!) GROSSLY misconstrues what Fauci actually said. He was speaking specifically about the trial data. But you took it, and you ran with it because you like to believe in vast conspiracies because the thought of you being poorly informed on most issues isn't as fun.

I was asking for a legit source.

Oh I'm sorry that the media can GROSSLY misconstrue what Fauci said and it's my fault. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

The issue at hand is your critical thinking skills disappearing a ketone in the last 5 years

Sure. I remember specifically telling in 2011 we had troops in Syria and you calling me crazy. Don't worry man we're on opposite sides of the tracks but my critical thinking skills are perfectly fine.

Just now, maninblack said:

Sure. I remember specifically telling in 2011 we had troops in Syria and you calling me crazy. Don't worry man we're on opposite sides of the tracks but my critical thinking skills are perfectly fine.

I honestly doubt that I had any opinions about Syria in 2011. World affairs wasn’t exactly something I cared about then but ok. That doesn’t change the question. Why do you post things that are untrue, are easily refutable, and then double down on them? You didn’t always do that.

• Hook 'Em 2

Oh I'm sorry that the media can GROSSLY misconstrue what Fauci said and it's my fault. 

I mean, yes? If you're just reading the taglines to draw your conclusions. 

And avoid the media sources who reel you in like that.

Because you're against censorship, remember, so you have to see through that on your own.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I honestly doubt that I had any opinions about Syria in 2011. World affairs wasn’t exactly something I cared about then but ok. That doesn’t change the question. Why do you post things that are untrue, are easily refutable, and then double down on them? You didn’t always do that.

You did and still have done nothing to address Joe Rogan. Attack me for whatever you see fit but it doesn't change the fact that you've got bigger issues if a podcast host gets under your skin for opinions that don't align with yours but people in power being continuously wrong does nothing for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

You did and still have done nothing to address Joe Rogan. Attack me for whatever you see fit but it doesn't change the fact that you've got bigger issues if a podcast host gets under your skin for opinions that don't align with yours but people in power being continuously wrong does nothing for you.

Ok then. I don’t even care about the Joe Rogan debate. I’m asking why you can’t seem to post with accuracy.

And the people being wrong in power revise their opinions when data comes out. The people who you are allowing to form your opinions for you do not.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, yes? If you're just reading the taglines to draw your conclusions. 

And avoid the media sources who reel you in like that.

Because you're against censorship, remember, so you have to see through that on your own.

So news organization spreading misinformation not a problem. Podcast sharing opinion...problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Of course you would. What does it matter that Fauci was wildly wrong. He doesn't have millions of followers. It's that comedian with a podcast that's the devil!

Wait did you even read the article? 
I’m assuming not but Jesus dude. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

No, it’s your fault for being a moron. Like a lot of Rogans followers 

More insults but still no condemnation for scientists/doctors/politicians/news organizations for being wrong about shit....but that pesky fucking comedian podcast host....yeah that motherfucker is a problem. 

Grow up

Wait did you ever think about holding news organizations more accountable than a podcast host?

Wait, do I do both, read articles and listen to podcasts? There are sources for entertainment and sources for actual news. You have proven to love the entertainment and watching the world burn aspect, but not the actual reading and educating yourself per. That’s fine. You do you man 

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

So news organization spreading misinformation not a problem. Podcast sharing opinion...problem.

Holy fuck, you're dense. My very first post in this thread was lamenting purposeful misinformation as one of the biggest issue in our society. News sources aren't above that. Though, "real" news sources usually stop at sensationalized headlines like that one. I didn't say it's okay. It's not. It's a huge fucking problem. But, since massive censorship isn't an option, people like you need to take some personal responsibility for being gullible.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

More insults but still no condemnation for scientists/doctors/politicians/news organizations for being wrong about shit....but that pesky fucking comedian podcast host....yeah that motherfucker is a problem. 

Grow up

I shouldn’t have to explain this to you so I’ll let an aggy do it 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Holy fuck, you're dense. My very first post in this thread was lamenting purposeful misinformation as one of the biggest issue in our society. News sources aren't above that. Though, "real" news sources usually stop at sensationalized headlines like that one. I didn't say it's okay. It's not. It's a huge fucking problem. But, since massive censorship isn't an option, people like you need to take some personal responsibility for being gullible.

Is CNN a real news source b/c Joe Rogan just had their lead doctor on and he wilted under scrutiny. 

21 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Is CNN a real news source b/c Joe Rogan just had their lead doctor on and he wilted under scrutiny. 

Yes and no. Any news that's a TV network first, and puts its highest priority on their opinion shows/talent, is guaranteed to be overly-sensationalized and lacking substance and context a lot of the time. But, they at least have to stand behind a story or admit to being wrong because they can, in fact, be sued for outright lying (when they're not hiding behind the opinion umbrella), unlike social media, most of the internet at large, YouTube, and politicians. Moral of the story: read your news...beyond just the headline. It should be dry and boring.

Edited by aggie08

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes and no. Any news that's a TV network first, and puts its highest priority on their opinion shows/talent, is guaranteed to be overly-sensationalized and lacking substance and context a lot of the time. But, they at least have to stand behind a story or admit to being wrong because they can, in fact, be sued for outright lying (when they're not hiding behind the opinion umbrella). Moral of the story: read your news...beyond just the headline. It should be dry and boring.

Well listen to Gupta's response then

29 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Well listen to Gupta's response then

Gupta very clearly didn't know the exact segment that Rogan was referencing, and the only thing that I could find from a cursory Google search was Anderson Cooper saying that Joe Rogan is taking Ivermectin, "a drug most commonly used as a horse dewormer." That's not the same thing as saying Joe Rogan is taking horse dewormer. Given that, he did pretty well. "If they did say that you took horse dewormer, they shouldn't have." If there's more to the story, I'm sure you'll point me to it, but, again, I don't watch cable news, so I'm out of my depth.

The last few months have included viral images of livestock supply stores with empty shelves and signs pleading with their customers to only buy it for their horses, and the FDA telling people to knock that shit off, so it's easy to see how it got "Joe Rogan takes horse dewormer" got legs. CNN shouldn't be the ones making that inference, though, and they gave him an easy angle to attack rather than having to answer questions about why the fuck he's encouraging his audience to take Ivermectin (instead of a vaccine) when it's still in clinical trials? 

What I assume was a snarky pot shot at Rogan put their doctor on an island, and gave Fox News viewers and the like something to jerk off to for a week. So yeah, shitty journalism.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Jesus fucking Christ. The fact he has millions of followers that take his word as fact and he’s been dead ass wrong on Covid. The fact he shits on the Clinton’s and Biden’s yet never really shit on trump. He had the fucking leader of the proud boys on for fucks sake. 

He shits on Trump all the time. The only prez candidates hes repeatedly positive on are Bernie, Tulsi, and Yang. 

People here seem to get off impressing how sophisticated they are, because they are above gullible misinformation, all while misreprenting Rogans position. 

They attack others on basis of headline sensationalism…while what they think they know of Rogan is informed only by headlines. 

The ironing is delicious

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

while what they think they know of Rogan is informed only by headlines.

No, it is not. I have watched hIs Covid shows. Rogan is advising people not to take the vaccine and it’s dangerous because someone will buy into his arguments and die because of it. Rogan clearly believes he, and anyone else who is not in an at risk category, (old, fat, or sickly) should be able to choose to take the vaccine or not. He also clearly believes if you are not old, fat, or sick, you will most likely be fine and you shouldn’t take the vaccine. He has said as much on the air. While this is obviously true, most people will be fine, a small percentage will not, and they will die. Not only that, the more people that do not take the vaccine, the harder it will be for us to eradicate the disease, leading to more variants and breakthrough cases, and people who chose to take the vaccine will die because of higher levels of exposure to the viral load. The vaccines are effective, but they are not 100% effective. The more people who take the vaccine, the more effective they will become at eradicating the disease. 

There is a reason we have had vaccine mandates in schools for over a hundred years. There is a reason the Supreme Court has routinely held that vaccine mandates are legal. The safety of everyone is more important than the individual liberty of one person. 

But besides that, Rogan advising people if they are healthy, to just take their chances is not only deplorable, it will lead to some idiots dying, and being okay with “the weak” 1% (or whatever the number is dying) is fucking disgusting, and he should be shamed for it. 

7 hours ago, maninblack said:

Fauci/Walensky/countless politicians have millions of followers and have been dead ass wrong on Covid. I keep bringing this up but you drones don't seem to give a shit about the people who are supposed to be scientists and in power continually being wrong but the comedian podcast host that has no power is your bogeyman.

He said he'd vote for Bernie and has had plenty of progressives on his show. 

I think you're just soft. 

But, as has been said, it's not the fact that they're wrong.  One can be wrong about immaterial things.

He's wrong and/or puts on wrong information that is bad for health and bad for the country, either because he believes it or he just wants the clicks.

I don't want him "canceled," but he should be called out.

Besides, this is a message board, and we're just talking, amirite?

Lol at the Rogan stan who totally doesn't care what you think about Joe Rogan literally responding to every post that is critical of his hero. Dude makes millions of dollars to say really stupid shit. You know, like a shill. A sell out. The exact thing that he seemed to be always against. I think that's the most disappointing thing to me about Rogan over the years.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

No, it is not. I have watched hIs Covid shows. Rogan is advising people not to take the vaccine and it’s dangerous because someone will buy into his arguments and die because of it. Rogan clearly believes he, and anyone else who is not in an at risk category, (old, fat, or sickly) should be able to choose to take the vaccine or not. He also clearly believes if you are not old, fat, or sick, you will most likely be fine and you shouldn’t take the vaccine. He has said as much on the air. While this is obviously true, most people will be fine, a small percentage will not, and they will die. Not only that, the more people that do not take the vaccine, the harder it will be for us to eradicate the disease, leading to more variants and breakthrough cases, and people who chose to take the vaccine will die because of higher levels of exposure to the viral load. The vaccines are effective, but they are not 100% effective. The more people who take the vaccine, the more effective they will become at eradicating the disease. 

There is a reason we have had vaccine mandates in schools for over a hundred years. There is a reason the Supreme Court has routinely held that vaccine mandates are legal. The safety of everyone is more important than the individual liberty of one person. 

But besides that, Rogan advising people if they are healthy, to just take their chances is not only deplorable, it will lead to some idiots dying, and being okay with “the weak” 1% (or whatever the number is dying) is fucking disgusting, and he should be shamed for it. 

Were people that decide if they get vaccinated or not because of Joe Rogan’s option on it really ever going to get vaccinated in the first place??  I mean I hear your argument and agree everyone should be vaccinated but disgusting and should be shamed for giving his opinion like he has on every topic ever it is a stretch.  He also thinks everyone should try ayahuasca once in their life, should we shame him when some dumbass walks off a cliff while high?  Weak minded people who can’t think for themselves that can be swayed by Joe’s opinion will be swayed by someone else eventually anyway.   

8 hours ago, 52-80 said:

People here seem to get off impressing how sophisticated they are, because they are above gullible misinformation, all while misreprenting Rogans position. 

Literally no one is above confirmation bias,  algorithms, and falling into their own information silos. But I do think that we have a responsibility to point out the most egregious examples, and hope that people can take a step back. "Joe Rogan is a horse dewormer taking anti-vax loon" is certainly an example of that, but so is "the vaccine is more dangerous than they're letting on, and they're keeping an effective treatment away from you." The latter, while probably not his intention, is what a lot of people are taking from his show.

As I've stated, I have no issue with Rogan when taken as entertainment. I just roll my eyes when people proclaim that he "gets to the truth of the matter."

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

As I've stated, I have no issue with Rogan when taken as entertainment. I just roll my eyes when people proclaim that he "gets to the truth of the matter."

aka "Truth Warrior".  It's the knob slobbery and weird, cultish credentialing that Rogan stans heap upon him that's so easy to mock.  Nobody really gives a fuck that he voiced support for Bernie Sanders or other progressives.  The majority of his audience are white men between 18-45 that are neck deep into the tribal bro culture JR espouses, so the "you see, he's really a progressive" is the go-to counter argument when someone criticizes him.  LOL.

He's a comic / actor with a podcast and some stupid notions.  Of course he's their hero.

• 3 weeks later...

Lulz surprised that nobody has posted in this thread about rogan eating the onion and thinking a satire piece was real state propoganda. He's been ultra-butthurt about it and anyone who points out that he was wrong. Extra funny points for him being """concerned""" about police using violence against lawful citizens when he was reveling in it last summer

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVvyYXzgrD2/

Poor dude just can't enjoy comedy or a joke when he's not the one delivering it. Maybe he needs to do more research....

He posted something dumb and not true, then admitted it wasn't true. I'm not seeing the "AH HA!!" here. 

BUT, he's had some fun guest on lately, like the openly gay WSM athlete Rob Kearney. I'm sure the anti Rogan people hated that one. Chuck Palahniuk is always a good listen. Wish they would talk more about Fight Club though. 

• Hook 'Em 3