Joe Rogan Experience

midtown

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the avatars made this very confusing. also, Hook1997 and anyone who agrees with him is in fact a moron of epic proportions. "Why it bothers people so much amazes me." i'm sure it does amaze you. it isn't what Joe Rogan says that "bothers people", it's the f at that literally millions of people will take what he says as cold, hard facts, when in fact t, as you point out, he's a joke teller, and not a news reporter. that's the problem. obviously. Joe spent months and months telling people that their body's natural immune system was more than enough to combat covid. then when Joe actually got covid he used every single treatment known to man, including those that are only available to the rich/powerful, from day one. and yet you're "amazed" that anyone would have any kind problem with that. i'm amazed that there more than 70 million people just like you. 

When did news reporters start saying 'cold, hard facts ' ??? 

8 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

You continue to believe that this is about Joe Rogan.  It's really not.  It's about the fanboi defense of Joe Rogan as some unique entity ("oh, he had on so and so and they talked about the migration patterns of monitor lizards, so you see he's really smart and varied in his topics and with all the different thinkers and opinions he brings to his show").

He's Clay Travis.  He's Al Sharpton.  He's Howard Stern.

Whatever. 

He's clickbait.  

And we're way past protecting people - that horse is so far out of the barn.  These "you just want to silence Joe Rogan's speech and cancel him!!" arguments are completely stupid.  He's not going to be silenced.  Big whoop.  Those arguments just whip up his fanbois into a frenzy and it's pretty fucking hilarious to watch actually.

He knows what generates cash and you are all 'SHUT UP TAKE MY MONEY!'.  

He monetized bro culture.  That's the joke.  And it's on you.

Lol. So what exactly are you dumping your purse all over the thread about?  If you don’t want him canceled, are you just crying about celebrity morons shoveling shit and getting rich from it?  What do you want done?  What is the end game of your lament?

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Anyone taking medical advice from Joe Rogan that dies from Covid deserves to die from Covid, and it ain’t Rogan’s fault. People have devolved into professional bitchers. 

Oh Most Definitely GIFs | Tenor

People have devolved into professional bitchers, but they only do it part-time to supplement the pay they get at their full-time job of being professional know-it-alls'.

But we wouldn't have /r/hermancainawards without it, so it's all worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, Tom said:

I used to subscribe and would listen to his podcast if he had someone on I liked or sounded interesting, but it was usually for the guest.  I never really thought he was a must listen nor really understood the appeal other than he typically could always land really high profile guests.  But once he moved to Spotify it's like he ceased to exist.  I had Spotify years ago for music and never liked the platform.  There are a billion other podcasts out there that I don't need Spotify to listen to.

Yep. used to have on a lot of funny and interesting people and sometimes still does. He’s a pretty good interviewer and really let’s the guest dive deep into a discussion. Still does at times

But he’s started to dip his beak into politics some then went balls deep on Covid and was dead ass wrong the whole time. Which is a huge ass issue. 4 people I know won’t get vaccinated because of him. Directly because of him. Oh and he’s open friends with Alex Jones…

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yep. used to have on a lot of funny and interesting people and sometimes still does. He’s a pretty good interviewer and really let’s the guest dive deep into a discussion. Still does at times

But he’s started to dip his beak into politics some then went balls deep on Covid and was dead ass wrong the whole time. Which is a huge ass issue. 4 people I know won’t get vaccinated because of him. Directly because of him. Oh and he’s open friends with Alex Jones…

Look, they’re putting chemicals in the water that is turning frogs gay. Wake up! 
conspiracy theory mood GIF

• Haha 1

The people you know are dumbass pussies. Joe Rogan is just an excuse because they are too cowardly to accept responsibility for their own decisions. If it wasn't him, it would be someone else, the moon, aliens, other bullshit.

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't take the jab, just own their decision. Not blame it on someone they haven't and never will meet.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

The people you know are dumbass pussies. Joe Rogan is just an excuse because they are too cowardly to accept responsibility for their own decisions. If it wasn't him, it would be someone else, the moon, aliens, other bullshit.

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't take the jab, just own their decision. Not blame it on someone they haven't and never will meet.

BD6BDC9F-4EC1-405E-B3B6-A63338A1FAF9.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, workswithseed said:

How was the Sanjay Gupta interview?

You really only need to watch these two exchanges 

On whether kids should be vaccinated 

And on CNN saying Joe took horse dewormer, CNN had Gupta walk these comments back on air yesterday 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nope said:

You really only need to watch these two exchanges 

On whether kids should be vaccinated 

And on CNN saying Joe took horse dewormer, CNN had Gupta walk these comments back on air yesterday 

That's whats great about Rogan. He asks the most basic, obvious questions that exposes the bullshit. He's a great antithesis to the binary, close-minded world to which so many have become addicted. One does not have to agree with him 100% to appreciate his willingness to ask questions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Shouldn’t he then shut up and let the guest answer his question? In those clips he repeatedly cuts Gupta off while he’s trying to respond and asks the question again and again and again. I understand nailing someone down and not letting them get away with a non-answer, it’s the art of cross examination. But at some point he does need to be quiet long enough to hear the actual response. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

That's whats great about Rogan. He asks the most basic, obvious questions that exposes the bullshit. He's a great antithesis to the binary, close-minded world to which so many have become addicted. One does not have to agree with him 100% to appreciate his willingness to ask questions.

deniro laugh.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Me clicking on this thread wondering why the hell it's always at the top of the page.

See the source image

You have two groups. One that believes in censorship, wants him cancelled because they don't agree with him and winges every time he has a conversation with someone. And then normal people.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, maninblack said:

You have two groups. One that believes in censorship, wants him cancelled because they don't agree with him and winges every time he has a conversation with someone. And then normal people.

Yep. That's the fundamental cultural problem we have to fight through if we're going to survive ... we need to stop to push toward illiberalism by the tiny minority of twatter crazies. It's a crazy world when traditional conservatives are the counter culture.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Yep. That's the fundamental cultural problem we have to fight through if we're going to survive ... we need to stop to push toward illiberalism by the tiny minority of twatter crazies. It's a crazy world when traditional conservatives are the counter culture.

I'd argue that the much more pressing societal concern is targeted misinformation, and the millions of morons who allow themselves to fall victim to it, and keep going back for another hit because "doing their own research" on the newest conspiracy theory being pushed on Facebook makes them temporarily feel smart as an "independent thinker." Pawns to whatever they'll told to direct their outrage to next.

But, as that retains to Joe Rogan, no, he shouldn't be censored. There's certainly nothing targeted or purposely malicious about his show. And, as someone said earlier, anyone taking their medical advice from him is already too far gone and would have just found what they wanted to hear on another corner of the internet.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

You sweet sweet summer child 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Exactly

image.thumb.png.82d1ae7a50d71775004576fed642c5b4.png

If I have to explain the difference between targeted misinformation and being wrong or misinformed about something, then it's already too late for you, man.

But, yes, people who go to Rachel Maddow for their medical advice are every bit as stupid as Rogan bros touting the latest "study" that popped up on their feed.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'd argue that the much more pressing societal concern is targeted misinformation, and the millions of morons who allow themselves to fall victim to it, and keep going back for another hit because "doing their own research" on the newest conspiracy theory being pushed on Facebook makes them temporarily feel smart as an "independent thinker." Pawns to whatever they'll told to direct their outrage to next.

But, as that retains to Joe Rogan, no, he shouldn't be censored. There's certainly nothing targeted or purposely malicious about his show. And, as someone said earlier, anyone taking their medical advice from him is already too far gone and would have just found what they wanted to hear on another corner of the internet.

100%. That's why I appreciated Rogan calling out the bullshit. Gupta had no answer.

If more people actually looked at data:

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

I very clearly said that Joe Rogan isn't targeted misinformation. You're not a very smart person. 

The doctor in your tweet made a mistake and should know better than to bring absolutes into science and medicine. Had it been worded as "significantly reduced risk," everything else would have been true. I doubt she knowingly shared what she knew to be untrue. Nonetheless, it's poor messaging. But, I also doubt that she has spent the last 5 months repeating that same message as gospel and blaming the government/media/big pharma/whomever for keeping the "truth" from you.

I would LOVE to see the video or the quote from a reputable source of Fauci actually saying that. Because it doesn't exist. You're the target audience for a lot of this shit.

Edited by aggie08

Uh, is she also not a doctor?

It was an ill-worded, reckless tweet. I've said as much. She's since been more careful. You continuing to hold it up 5 months later as the prime example of, "See, they've been lying to us every step of the way!" is pathetic and exactly what I'm talking about.

Still waiting on that Fauci source.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not to mention that Walensky, although wrong, has a benign message:  get vaccinated.

Those stating or implying that one should not get vaccinated are spreading a malign message.  They're wrong, and probably intentionally so, but maybe not in all cases.

Oh I'm glad the Director of the CDC and Fauci get a pass for being completely wrong but Joe Rogan....the horror

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

If I have to explain the difference between targeted misinformation and being wrong or misinformed about something, then it's already too late for you, man.

But, yes, people who go to Rachel Maddow for their medical advice are every bit as stupid as Rogan bros touting the latest "study" that popped up on their feed.

This was almost 8 months ago before the Delta variant was dominant. So, his dumbass Maddow / CDC director story (that he's now posted multiple times) is willful misinformation itself and everyone that reads this thread is the target.

Just now, SizzleChest said:

This was almost 8 months ago before the Delta variant was dominant. So, his dumbass Maddow / CDC director story (that he's now posted multiple times) is willful misinformation itself and everyone that reads this thread is the target.

Because variants to viruses have never existed. What year were you born?

This is fucking silly. You guys are worried about a dude that hosts a podcast and has opinions that don't agree with yours. Get the fuck over it. I have examples for days of your religious idols being wildly wrong that you don't give a shit about.

Edited by maninblack
  • Hook 'Em 2