Joe Rogan Experience

midtown

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Here she is again making an untrue statement

E-9VxNIXoCEIBiw?format=png&name=900x900

I do agree with one point Rogan has made, that you should instantly be suspicious of anyone who uses the phrase “the science.”

A credible scientist should be constantly questioning their theories and trying to disprove them, there should never be a declaration that “the science” is settled.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Really kind of a shame he says some of the shit he does and people eat it up. He used to have some really interesting people on his podcast. Anything from a WW2 historian to some CIA dudes. Yeah the moon landing shit but I can look past that(kind of. Really insulting to the hundreds of thousands of people who made that happen) but this shit recently is over the line. Whatever fuck it. Out of all the problems this country has, Rogan is pretty far down the list 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Really kind of a shame he says some of the shit he does and people eat it up. He used to have some really interesting people on his podcast. Anything from a WW2 historian to some CIA dudes. Yeah the moon landing shit but I can look past that(kind of. Really insulting to the hundreds of thousands of people who made that happen) but this shit recently is over the line. Whatever fuck it. Out of all the problems this country has, Rogan is pretty far down the list 

He had Mike Baker (retired CIA) on recently, he’s always a good listen. 

seems like people have a problem with him when he has his buddies on and they’re just sitting around talking shit. 

of course, I don’t take what he says as gospel so maybe that’s why I enjoy listening to his show

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

<checks notes>  Yup, this is the Job Rogen thread alright. </checks notes>

My point was his standard for what's "true" seems pretty high for a comedian that does UFC commentary having a discussion on his podcast when I doubt he applies the same standard to others.

12 minutes ago, BERT said:

seems like people have a problem with him when he has his buddies on and they’re just sitting around talking shit. 

of course, I don’t take what he says as gospel so maybe that’s why I enjoy listening to his show

The discussion that Gil has got his panties in a bunch about is with Mike Baker and nothing about it was harmful unless you just want to censor speech. Baker even says it wouldn't be unheard of for them to fake something like that. And considering the whole stage was fake and it was a photo op, questioning it and asking the ex-CIA guy you're sitting across from seems pretty fucking natural.

Edited by maninblack
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Yeah same. And honestly I just watch clips about some dude who knows a fuckton of like Egyptian history or and all that interesting shit. And when he has certain comedians on, it’s normally fucking hilarious. But yeah people actually taking some of his horrible advice as fact is…..not great 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BERT said:

People really want to gatekeep and police what's acceptable to not acceptable media for others to consume.  Most actually don't care about his bantering with his comedian buddies (he's not a good comedian, and I find it a bore).  They don't like his entertaining or associating with certain 'fringe' people and movements.  More than likely, they never listened to anything but a soundbite, and find him an easy target.  It's a cheap, reflexive hate.

His show with Eric Weinstein and Weinstein's proposed unifying theory of physics... they both come out looking like apes.  Other aspects of their discussions have merit.  Where else are you gonna get hours long chats with athletes, scientists, musicians, historians, journalists, etc. 

I read Wapo and NYT more than other news sources.  Don't agree with all their reporting and opinions, but i'm not about castigating them at every opportunity.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, maninblack said:

My point was his standard for what's "true" seems pretty high for a comedian that does UFC commentary having a discussion on his podcast when I doubt he applies the same standard to others.

The discussion that Gil has got his panties in a bunch about is with Mike Baker and nothing about it was harmful unless you just want to censor speech. Baker even says it wouldn't be unheard of for them to fake something like that. And considering the whole stage was fake and it was a photo op, questioning it and asking the ex-CIA guy you're sitting across from seems pretty fucking natural.

Exactly, they didn't say he didn't take it, just that maybe he didn't take the actual shot on camera because what if something went wrong? That would be a terrible situation to have live on tv. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I get Covid fatigue but if you don't want to listen then don't. I've already shown a couple of examples with plenty more in my locker of government officials saying things at best were guesses and at worst were lies.

I know there's a lot of lefties on Surly but I never imagined there'd be so many afraid of speech.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I get Covid fatigue but if you don't want to listen then don't. I've already shown a couple of examples with plenty more in my locker of government officials saying things at best were guesses and at worst were lies.

I know there's a lot of lefties on Surly but I never imagined there'd be so many afraid of speech.

Anyone calling Rogan “dangerous” is just as bad as the people they lament for taking his medical guidance. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Is that why your posting anti-vaccine nonsense in the Vaccine thread? 

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Give me fucking break dude. We’re just calling him a dumbass

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Show me the the anti-vaccine nonsense I posted

You posted this. People explained to you why it did not mean what you thought it meant. (Adverse reactions are out of control!). Then you pivot and post more clickbait headlines. Again, people explain to you why it doesn’t mean what you think it means. (Vaccines don’t work!). 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

You posted this. People explained to you why it did not mean what you thought it meant. (Adverse reactions are out of control!). Then you pivot and post more clickbait headlines. Again, people explain to you why it doesn’t mean what you think it means. (Vaccines don’t work!). 

So you're argument is the World Health Organization data is null and isn't worth considering because some Surly posters "don't agree". Interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

So you're argument is the World Health Organization data is null and isn't worth considering because some Surly posters "don't agree". Interesting.

The data is not null and it is worth considering. It has been considered. It is a self reporting system, and posters explained the context of the data and how it doesn’t mean what you think it means. And since you didn’t agree with them, or the other thousands of medical professionals, you think there is a conspiracy to not consider the data. It was considered. No one is not reporting it. You just don’t like the truth. 

People that get butthurt about or are taking what is said on Joe’s podcast as 100% fact are idiots.  It’s in the entertainment section not the news section. He has on interesting, sometimes strange people on that people don’t agree with and he doesn’t agree with always, who cares?  You don’t have to listen or take a hard stance on one thing said over four hours of conversation.  Why it bothers people so much amazes me.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

He makes a lot of money just asking questions.

Sure, he’s a greedy mother fucker who has no qualms about what he’s doing as long as he’s cashing bigger and bigger checks. He certainly doesn’t give a fuck about anybody but himself and his dumb podcast.  The mouth breathers like you that he’s become successful at manipulating don’t know any better and probably never will.   He’s the propagandist and you’re just a sycophant.  That’s your role, so pucker up and keep tuning in.  You clearly don’t know any better.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Sure, he’s a greedy mother fucker who has no qualms about what he’s doing as long as he’s cashing bigger and bigger checks. He certainly doesn’t give a fuck about anybody but himself and his dumb podcast.  The mouth breathers like you that he’s become successful at manipulating don’t know any better and probably never will.   He’s the propagandist and you’re just a sycophant.  That’s your role, so pucker up and keep tuning in.  You clearly don’t know any better.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Name and avatar fit you pretty well. Did you wake up from the heart attack after writing that drivel?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

People that get butthurt about or are taking what is said on Joe’s podcast as 100% fact are idiots.  It’s in the entertainment section not the news section. He has on interesting, sometimes strange people on that people don’t agree with and he doesn’t agree with always, who cares?  You don’t have to listen or take a hard stance on one thing said over four hours of conversation.  Why it bothers people so much amazes me.  

9 hours ago, kevwun said:

Misinformation that leads to people making bad decisions that they get sick and possibly die from is just entertainment?  How about joke about shit that doesn't end killing people?

the avatars made this very confusing. also, Hook1997 and anyone who agrees with him is in fact a moron of epic proportions. "Why it bothers people so much amazes me." i'm sure it does amaze you. it isn't what Joe Rogan says that "bothers people", it's the f at that literally millions of people will take what he says as cold, hard facts, when in fact t, as you point out, he's a joke teller, and not a news reporter. that's the problem. obviously. Joe spent months and months telling people that their body's natural immune system was more than enough to combat covid. then when Joe actually got covid he used every single treatment known to man, including those that are only available to the rich/powerful, from day one. and yet you're "amazed" that anyone would have any kind problem with that. i'm amazed that there more than 70 million people just like you. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

the avatars made this very confusing. also, Hook1997 and anyone who agrees with him is in fact a moron of epic proportions. "Why it bothers people so much amazes me." i'm sure it does amaze you. it isn't what Joe Rogan says that "bothers people", it's the f at that literally millions of people will take what he says as cold, hard facts, when in fact t, as you point out, he's a joke teller, and not a news reporter. that's the problem. obviously. Joe spent months and months telling people that their body's natural immune system was more than enough to combat covid. then when Joe actually got covid he used every single treatment known to man, including those that are only available to the rich/powerful, from day one. and yet you're "amazed" that anyone would have any kind problem with that. i'm amazed that there more than 70 million people just like you. 

You sound like a long time close listener of the program to have such a passionate and accurate view of his discretions. 

Or you read some shit on the internet (no doubt full of context and accuracy), and chose a side 

But I get it. We need to police speech to protect the truly stupid from themselves. 

*PSA - “Say no to Horse drugs”

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

No more than Howard Stern or SNL. Do we just need to cancel everything for fear of morons hurting themselves?

You continue to believe that this is about Joe Rogan.  It's really not.  It's about the fanboi defense of Joe Rogan as some unique entity ("oh, he had on so and so and they talked about the migration patterns of monitor lizards, so you see he's really smart and varied in his topics and with all the different thinkers and opinions he brings to his show").

He's Clay Travis.  He's Al Sharpton.  He's Howard Stern.

Whatever. 

He's clickbait.  

And we're way past protecting people - that horse is so far out of the barn.  These "you just want to silence Joe Rogan's speech and cancel him!!" arguments are completely stupid.  He's not going to be silenced.  Big whoop.  Those arguments just whip up his fanbois into a frenzy and it's pretty fucking hilarious to watch actually.

He knows what generates cash and you are all 'SHUT UP TAKE MY MONEY!'.  

He monetized bro culture.  That's the joke.  And it's on you.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ah, i get it.

When i listened to 4 hours of the undertaker explain how he went from a teenager to a wwf hall of famer, and andrew yang explains his rationale for universal basic income…..   it was actually joe rogan sneakily building an audience so he can subvert the cdc and direct people to eat horsepaste. 

its the ultimate long game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

We listen to him on spotify for free but he earns money from advertisement so actually we’re suckers here being fooled. And for this reason he must be silenced. 

On that note, Spotify has to be one of the absolute worst apps out there when it comes to the podcast listening experience. It has been around far too long to be so buggy.

1 hour ago, Nope said:

On that note, Spotify has to be one of the absolute worst apps out there when it comes to the podcast listening experience. It has been around far too long to be so buggy.

I used to subscribe and would listen to his podcast if he had someone on I liked or sounded interesting, but it was usually for the guest.  I never really thought he was a must listen nor really understood the appeal other than he typically could always land really high profile guests.  But once he moved to Spotify it's like he ceased to exist.  I had Spotify years ago for music and never liked the platform.  There are a billion other podcasts out there that I don't need Spotify to listen to.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Ive tried other ones on iOS and its amazing none of them are better either. 

for Android there were some i liked. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Ive tried other ones on iOS and its amazing none of them are better either. 

for Android there were some i liked. 

Do you have the paid version? The free version on iOS is horrible.

When it gets to the built-in ad breaks, about half of the time instead of jumping to the ad, it jumps to the beginning of a completely different episode. This has been happening to me ever since he moved to Spotify.