Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Of course we were going to schtick it up. It's at Fair Park. At our garish best. Big Tex and fried everything. That's exactly what visitors from the Great White North expect. A guy on horse doing trick roping, pig races, everywhere you look it's Country Saturday. There's probably cowshit bingo somewhere. Bits ahoy!

Y'all want them to move here or something? I don't give a shit if they play up the myth of Texas. No one else has this bit. No where else is there a giant cowboy greeting the arriving guests. We gotdam invented the corny dog. And you thought we were going to present our cosmopolitan side?

Y'all would suck at PR.

Give the people what they want. Bits.

It's garbage. You want to do all that shit? Stick an ice rink in the middle of the stockyards and play it in Ft Worth. Or Abilene. 

There's literally nothing country about Dallas at all anymore. 

Texas is the only place I can think of that actively promotes the insulting negative stereotypes about itself or allows outsiders to do so. You think Californians are having every event with surf boards and dipshit surfer dudes everywhere and everyone saying "hang 10 dude!"? Of course not. It's stupid. 

Edited by Junior Miller

16 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Texas is the only place I can think of that actively promotes the insulting negative stereotypes about itself or allows outsiders to do so. You think Californians are having every event with surf boards and dipshit surfer dudes everywhere and everyone saying "hang 10 dude!"? Of course not. It's stupid. 

I’m just impressed with this. Win or lose, he got that fired up.

Edited by ss13

It's garbage. You want to do all that shit? Stick an ice rink in the middle of the stockyards and play it in Ft Worth. Or Abilene. 

IDGAF. That was fun as shit today. The Fair is pretty goddamn country every year. Awesome sporting event in an iconic, awesome stadium. Glad I went.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

ENOtp8rXsAEi9hL?format=jpg&name=small

Logistics were insufferable, especially to those used to how shit works when Texas-OU is playing.  Only portions of the fairgrounds were open and most of it was a cattle-call with no more room to allow for elbows to assholes.  $12 Bud Lights.  DART fucking up their schedule by running only Green Line trains so everyone lumps into the same cars without a clue of how to get there or home.

All that and it was an epic finish, glad I went.  Weather could have been way worse and it's difficult to imagine this in a better venue.

• Like 2