10.21.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

Just now, bigup2dahorns said:

Foster being evaluated for everything.

I've never played a down of organized football, but it seems to me that if Foster had even rudimentary tackling technique, he wouldn't keep hurting himself while missing tackles.

• Like 3

Just now, bigup2dahorns said:

One of our biggest issues right now is guys trying to do too much. Just do your job.

After 2 years of this, it's also coaching. They are obviously not landing their teachings, not being able to relate and land communication is poor coaching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

"I'm never going to say its personnel, experience comes with time and we/coaches will handle development". Most I've seen him call out the coaches.

Yeah, to me, he seems to be laying this close to 100% on the coaches. Says we have good players that are giving good effort, they are just taking bad angles, bad fundamentals, bad fits, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Pogo said:

I've never played a down of organized football, but it seems to me that if Foster had even rudimentary tackling technique, he wouldn't keep hurting himself while missing tackles.

When you're more concerned about making an ESPN highlight reel instead of wrapping up and getting the guy to the ground that's what happens. At least that's from my experience playing DB in HS.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Q on going for it on 4th down

A: complex formula that I don’t always listen to it. We have to do a better job of coaching our guys in executing plays. Lot of factors that go into the decision.

Edit to add commentary: lot of ins, lot of outs, lot of what have yous

calculating the hangover GIF

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Give Dave Aranda 3 mil a year and see what he does with our defensive players.  Seriously.

I doubt he's moving on now that Orgeron seems to have stopped overruling his assistants all the time. He's got a pretty sweet set up in Baton Rouge, and it's hard to make guys at bluechips move laterally.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I doubt he's moving on now that Orgeron seems to have stopped overruling his assistants all the time. He's got a pretty sweet set up in Baton Rouge, and it's hard to make guys at bluechips move laterally.

I would think of all the bluechip DCs around the country, Aranda would be easier as he and Herman have a history together.